About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27310c4888bb696d5fa6aff8c14f60abMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Scout Camp Appearance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ember ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Scout Camp Appearance Reply with quote

Annual Pakuranga Zone Cub Scout Camp

We have a request to help out with a Cub Scout camp next month!
This event is going to be really big, and there'll be great exposure for both the NZ Rebel Legion and the NZ 501st Legion via the Scout Clubs national newsletter.

This thread will be kept updated with details and attendees.
Please keep the communication lines open!

Date: Saturday 19th November

RSVP Date: Thursday 17 November (the earlier the better)

Venue Address: Blockhouse Bay, Auckland

Time: 4:30pm arrival, to be ready to go by 5:30 till about 7:30/ 8pm (unless you want to hang around to watch the movie).

Mission: Interaction with cub scouts and their parents to varying degrees. Sharing dinner with scouts, watching a SW movie with scouts.

Costume Standard?: Open, but full standards must be met.

Blasters: Yes

Rebel Legion: Yes

Children: Not discouraged, but need to be discussed.

Detail: Movie-themed Cub Scout Annual Camp, with 200+ cub scouts and parents. Interacting with families/ scouts, having photos taken with scouts, watching SW movie with Scouts.

Closest Carpark: On arrival, go in the main entrance, turn right at the round-about and park outside the main office. The Kitchen/Dining area/Hall is a short distance from there, and will be where we meet.

Changing Facilities: Shower block and change area will be made available to us.

Attendance/Costume list:

501st:

Gorman - Darth Vader
LivingForce - TIE Pilot
Grit - Sandtrooper

RL:

Ember - Aayla (If raining, ANH Leia)
Jonathan - Jedi
Neimhaille - Mara Jade

Minders/ Spare Costumers

HamYoyo - ?
Mo - Jedi

Unconfirmed
Drewski - Stormtrooper
Samius Prime - Stormtrooper
Anaria - ?

Last edited by Ember () on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I can make it (my daughter has end of year choir and dance rehearsals/shows most weekends at the moment). Will update if I'm free to come.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kristy, much appreciated Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is handy for me but I am not entirely sure I'd feel comfortable in either of my approved costumes.

However I am working on my other projects as soon as I have recovered from the variety of bugs the con season has brought about.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's great you're so close to the venue!
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, it seems Armageddon's been taking its toll on almost everyone!

Seeing as there will be such a large number of children and parents present, it may be best to err on the side of caution and avoid costumes that bare the legs.

Ooh, I remember you telling me about a particular character in white some while back, any chance she could be making an appearance? Wink

There is the potential for very big exposure for the group with this event - photos would be put in the local, regional, and national scout magazines, and I've requested that the group name and website be captioned.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right,
I should be able to attend.
Just gotta sort out time off from work.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated with troopers and details
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling much better Smile So I'm tentatively putting in yes as I am within easy distance of home should health crash. And if the next SWTOR beta testing hapens to fall on that weekend I can get back to play Wink

Hayley if you are doing Leia I'll see if I can get Mara approved (photos tonight or tomorrow morning) and if so I'll wear her Smile If you are doing Aayla I may save mysef some trouble and wear GG leia afterall.

I am very familiar with the site as the SCA has done many events over the years there- not so many lately as cost of site hirage overnight has gone up so much. I'm assuming it's at the main hall? It's really nice. Shiny floor last time I was there so it may be an idea to make sure shoes/boots have a bit of grip.

There are two sleeping quarters, the one closest to the main hall is probably the one suggested for the showers, as the other block is connected to the smaller hall and while not a great distance from the big hall is still far enough away to make it hard to get to/from if it rains.

I've been involved with pack out/clean down of the site before and it's usually really clean so long as the current booking has done their work Wink

Pretty sure there are facilities right at the hall too.

If you arrive early there is also an adventure area with a big climbing wall, a really pretty but tiny amphitheatre hidden in the bush and if you make your way out the back there is a walk down to Green Bay beach and you get to go past the cliff used so many times in Shortland St for literal cliff hangers Wink. Also a walk down to Blockhouse Bay beach which is very pretty too.
Could make for some interesting photo ops Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're feeling better!

Mara Jade would be fantastic, I've never had the chance to see the outfit in person so it would be great to see you wearing her Smile

At this stage I will be doing Aayla. As much as it would be great to have a Leia there, I do not entirely think GG Leia appropriate for the event seeing as to the very large number of over 200 cubscouts and their parents present.
I know it covers much more than Slave Leia, but I'm of the mind that there may be some concern amongst some parents because of the way the dress bares the legs and deviates from the 'classic look' that the dress may not be suitable for such an event. I've never worn GG Leia for anything outside of Armageddon for those very reasons.
I hope you understand Neutral
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, yes kids, for some reason I kept thinking adults. Yep Mara is far better. Especially with a nice we hilt currently in progress as a stunt.

I did find little girls at Geddon loved GG but I think in that case parents are minding and can explain Smile

I'm just a few steps away now so hopefully submittal photos tomorrow:)
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Smile

I'm sure Mara will be fine even if the costume hasn't been approved, it looks great from the photos I've seen!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post updated with Troopers Smile
We've got a great turnout!

Can anyone else confirm their appearance?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile I have sent my request in but I know Jedi keep LCJs very busy Wink And I'm not sure what time it would have gone into the queue with time zones and all Smile

Fingers crossed it isn't raining as I am sure Aayla would be very much appreciated Smile I am not sure, but I think there is a disabled facility in the main hall which could help in the process if you were able to do part of the make up at home and part on site?
I'm pretty sure there is as we tend to have Big Frocks in the SCA and I'm think I had to navigate my black Spanish gown down there once...
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great to know, thanks! Smile

I'll be doing as much painting as possible beforehand, then will just do touch-ups once I get there in case any paint rubbed off in the car (same as Geddon, only difference is I had a helper for the touch-ups there!)

It seems we're supposed to be a 'surprise' that only the camp leaders know about. Not sure how I'm going to sneak past any scouts unnoticed Neutral
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember wrote:

It seems we're supposed to be a 'surprise' that only the camp leaders know about. Not sure how I'm going to sneak past any scouts unnoticed Neutral

Perhaps a robe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: