About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=77452e600b6cf691726b0524a7177fa5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CANCELLED! Relay for Life! last post with updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: CANCELLED! Relay for Life! last post with updates Reply with quote

Hey all Smile I've been watching the Tatooine folk get their Relay on for the last few years and didn't realise we have the same thing here until Alison pointed it out:

http://www.relayforlife.org.nz/

I've just registered an interest in the hopes we may be able to get a team for the Auckland one in Feb:
http://www.relayforlife.org.nz/event/event?EventID=130
Saturday 18 February 2012
Mt Smart Stadium (Number 2 Arena) O'Rorke Road Penrose Auckland
Opening Ceremony and Survivors Lap of Honour - 3.45pm
Relay starts - 4pm
Candlelight Ceremony - Dusk (approximately 8.45pm)
Big Breakfast - 7am
Relay finishes - 10am

It's kind of a big commitment but an incredible way to honour those who have battled with cancer. Or continue to do so.

We need a team of 10 at least (probably more to help make sure the relay isn't too much for any one person) and though Naboo has 7 members I think between us we could costume more and indeed if there was interest from the 501st to be involved that would also make a great impact. The more the merrier due to being able to reduce numbers of runs around the stadium.

It would also mean fundraising before hand so it would mean a fair bit of involvement in the lead up Smile

I have already started the process rolling, so would love to be able to tell Maureen that the might of the Rebel Legion is behind it Smile

UPDATES

I can send you my bank account details or if we see each other I can pick up cash for individual fees. Since we have our first donations sooner rather than later please Smile

Attending:
Michaela- Shaak Ti
Jonathon- ?
Matt-?
Kristy-?
Wayne-?
Jon-
Barry-

Costume is not required of everyone, especially minders, but it really does add to the over all effect and gives a good basis for teams to interact and mingle There is a t-shirt that is covered in the costs of registration for everyone, it too is not mandatory to accept.

Fees paid:
Wayne
matt
Kristy
Jonathon
Jon
Michaela
Barry (as soon as I give him my bank account details)

Fees owed:

Funds raised:
14/2/2012 $260 total
27/2/2012 $447 total
1/3/2012 $522 total

Fees owed:

Funds raised:
14/2/2012 $260

Last edited by neimhaille () on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
MattG (Matt Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about this earlier.

I'll tentatively commit to do it in either a 501st or RL costume.
starfirephoenix (Alison)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relay is so amazing, we love to do it. We set up a camp with our tents and shelter as soon as they let us. Then when it starts, we all do the first lap together in costume. Then we do 1 hour shifts, taking in turns but we've seen other teams take it turns doing laps. You can do it any way you like, as long as your baton is always going around the track. We usually do a relay thats a little bit out of the way, then it feels like camping Smile some of us try to sleep, it doesn't always work ou though. Lol it's so much fun though Smile

Good luck! If we can help in any way, please let us know Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michaela, in what way have you 'started the process rolling'?

I understand you're keen for there to be a rebel presence at the event and this sounds like an absolutely fantastic idea for a troop, but I would have appreciated you coming to me with your information first before posting it.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we always go off & find cool places for photo shoots too. This year we did some cool clone/Jedi shots.

This is our favourite weekend of the year- Relay 4 Life weekend. Very Happy

Anaria Zar-Rel (Kristy Glasgow)
Naboo Outpost XO
Naboo Outpost XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these sorts of events (always wish I could join in when Tatooine does theirs) - count me in for sure Smile
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know you would be welcome Wink

If you wanted to make a weekend of it Very Happy

go here for some photo's from this years:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31513

neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So news is... there is no news. I may have put a typo in my email Wink At the time I didn't specifically mention RL or 501st as I was still inactive but I'll resend info with contact points for both groups. (PR and CO for both). I spoke with Hayley about it at Motu Moana so thank you for the encouragement Smile

There was a radio advert for this though on Saturday so it appears they are starting the campaign for sure now Smile

I told you at the time Dave that the RL/501st mixer was super inspiring, and most especially the discussions of RfL and Kidsflix. Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neimhaille, definitely interested in making this work!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahah! Finally managed to get connected! Maureen will be calling me today to discuss registration and then I will be able to pay the fee (if members can get that back to me soonish after that would be great- it works out to about $20 a member if we get 10, which we should.

I was trying to work out a good team name and I suspect Rebel Empire Alliance might be appropriate Wink As soon as I have the form in hand I'll post a proper invite on the 601st forums and also SWNZ. I'll also post on CNZ as I think there will be support from that quarter too Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Smile

Maureen is sending me out a team captain kit Smile I'll be paying the fee tonight and it covers the first 10 people Smile I will update this post and post to nz501st and SWNZ and CNZ.

It will be the march 3 event to give us time to get everyone sorted Smile
http://www.relayforlife.org.nz/event/event?EventID=128

If you are a definite please reply here so I can add you to the team immediately Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a team page Smile

I think it best if people set up their own profiles So I am sending invites to those who have said they would join and I happen to have email addresses for Smile I just don't have Jonathon's so far Smile

http://www.relayforlife.org.nz/index/donation
If anyone wants to sponsor a team member or the team (this does *not* cover registration this is in addition) please click here and choose the North Shore event then team Rebel Empire Alliance.

As of right now there is just me listed, but if anyone is keen to sponsor a particular team member those will hopefully be coming up soon Wink
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the first post Smile We have our first donations Smile Very generous ones too Smile

Oh I have paperwork and bags for any cash donations anyone may want to set up (I am going to host a tea party next week so will need mine) and I can either scan or post them out to members.

Please let me know what method each of you would prefer, pm here will be fine Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just arrived in my email

Quote:
Hi Relayers

We realise it has been a very busy couple of weeks for many of you with schools going back, and a couple of long weekends added in to the mix.

We’d just like to remind you that the deadline for adding your team members to the website, and the associated deadline for t shirt ordering is fast approaching. The cut off will be this Friday 17 February. Please ensure that all your registered team members are loaded onto the website, paid for, and t shirt sizes selected by this date. Any team members who would like to join your team after the close out will be able to register at Relay on the Saturday.

We will be packing the t shirts early next week and will be providing the t shirts and wrist bands for paid team members only. The t shirts will be ready for pick up at the final team captain meeting on Monday 27 February at Abilities, 91-95 Hillside Road, Glenfield. The meeting will be from 6pm to 7pm. We do have a couple of team captains who work in the city and are looking for a ride over to the meeting, if you are coming from the city and are able to offer them a lift then please let Maureen know.

Any queries, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards

The Events Team

neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, apparently there is an extension to Sunday for registering team members, so yay! But I will need to input the details myself.

Please send me a pm today or tomorrow with email, a phone number and an address so I can register you Smile

I check these boards every few hours when I can (yay tabs Wink ) and so will be able to register right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: