About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=95229fea5cbfbc2217ba944086fea4d2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nar Shaddaa Base Missions Accomplished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Star Wars" is the story of epic battles.
Each October the members of Nar Shaddaa Base and the Midwest Garrison fight the most epic battle of all..
the battle against breast cancer.

Fundraising for this event started in April of this year at the hugely popular Joliet Library Star Wars Day event. Donation buckets were set up at the front desk of the Library and patrons who came to enjoy the day were encouraged to make a donation for our Making Strides effort.

Fundraising continued on through the summer with t-shirt, patch, and even homemade jam sales. Buckets were also set out at another couple library events and in September a "Donation Station" was conducted in Algonquin with another one done on October 1st in Mokena.

At last count, our team raised $4,779.00. This was done with no corporate backers and no matching funds. This money was raised by hard work and dedication of many of our members. Team 501st Legion and Rebel Legion United came in 3rd place out of 65 teams of fundraisers. Not too shabby for the most unusual team of breast cancer fighters you are likely to find....anywhere.

We have had great weather the past 5 years of this event, so it was inevitable that bad weather would get us eventually and this year it did. Steady rain fell as we gathered in the parking lot of the event and suited up. The rain continued the first lap of the walk. While other walkers from other teams walked with the shelter of an umbrella, our team toughed it out "al fresco" and we all got plenty wet. But never let it be said that the rain dampened any spirits.

Our team was led by breast cancer survivor and mom of MWG and NSB member Cheryl Whitaker (Whinter Fenlynn) Rosa Winters. Rosa faced the weather in the same way she faces her disease...with courage and resolve.

In honor of Rosa and all survivors, a basket of goodies was place by our team at the Survivor's tent. As I picked up this basket (gladly I did find it empty) at the end of the event, the lady in charge of the Survivor's tent said she was constantly being asked by participants if they could buy the armband attached to the basket...I told her...for a donation ...she should have sold it.. Very Happy

In addition to the spiffy armbands (for a splash of pink) several members also carried very special armbands. These armbands remembered some family and friends that have been lost to cancer. Armbands were "purchased" for donations made in memory of these cancer victims by some of their family.

Wearing special armbands were:

Jen Loomis wore Laura Guthrie

Brian Troyan wore Stacy Vershay

Jessica Hudak wore one of the two Roseann Christopersen armbands.

The other one was worn by Anthony Day

Kevin Glass wore one of two Jeanne Goestenkors armbands

And Thomas Turner wore the second one

Matt McDonald wore Barry Polansky

Janine Jender wore Jan Balsitis

Jason Sands wore the final one for Gina McGinn

My most sincere thanks to all of [size=150]our participants[/size]
who got up early,
got dressed in the rain
and made their way around the course also in the rain.
You are all VERY special people...I hope you know that.

OUR PARTICPANTS:

In no particular order:

Bob Dziura – TK1656
Robert Hamilton – IS9295 Nar Shaddaa Base
Jody Mc Quarters TK/DZ 6443
Kevin Glass TK2834
Mark Van Slyke - TB-8063 - Nar Shaddaa Base
Thomas Turner SL/IC 4913- Nar Shaddaa Base
Cheryl Whitaker – TB3127 - Nar Shaddaa Base
Neil Auer - TK3446
Jen Loomis – SL/CT 5365 - Nar Shaddaa Base
Steve Szyndrowski SL/ID3052
Anthony Day SL7956
Steve Gaza TK 4034
Gina Martino ID 6216 Nar Shaddaa Base
Jess Hudak ID8238 – Nar Shaddaa Base
Janine Jender – TI 4838 - Nar Shaddaa Base
Jason Sands TD 1590
Brian Troyan TB/IG 8968
Matt McDonald TK8148
Andrew Marsh – TI/TA 2079 – Nar Shaddaa Base
Javier Esqueda – TK 0265
John Fitzsimmons – TK 6442
Roland Batrouni TK4186
Phyllis Schulte - TK 1951 - Nar Shaddaa Base

Thanks also to the brave family members who also came, walked, and got wet!

More photos....
and..
Gochi out...

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/MSABC%2010-16-11/?start=all

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission Report filed:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=447999#447999

and bummer...I didn't get any photos of several of our members but will "steal" photos as needed to get the

The Rebellion was out in force for the annual Discovery World Museum's Star Wars Day.

Discovery world is a great "hands on" museum on Milwaukee's beautiful lakeshore and every October it is turned into the galaxy far, far away. Nar Shaddaa Base members join in with the Wisconsin Garrison to ensure that the ticket buying public has a chance to fully experience Star Wars on all levels. This yearly event usually shatters all one day attendance records for the Museum and has increased each year. This year was no exception...the place was mobbed all day.

For all our efforts...$2.00 of every ticket is going to charity...
that amount and beneficiary will be posted as all ticket sales are counted up...

We had members doing photo ops in front of huge iconic photos:

There was a display of props and costumes:

Bob Kohn and several others were on hand to show people mold making, prop making...and a bunch of interesting tid bits on how the galaxy was put together....

One really neat piece exhibited was one WI Garrison member's Graflex camera that I understand that his grandfather used as a reporter "back in the day"...it was amazing to see in real life that camera and flash that became Luke's lightsaber...

Blue led a costume showcase program in the museum's auditorium that showed the folks in the audience all of the costumes of the WI Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base...here is Blue briefing us before we "went on"

Of course....we were all on hand for folks to take photos one on one

There was a R2 Builder's room and Darryl (R2S5) brought his buddy along to be in the Rebel portion of the costume showcase in the museum's auditorium...Darryl is shown here in his RFT with S5

Of special note....2 of our Jedi who are also trained swordsman who train together every week gave lightsaber demos...two thumbs up to Hartss and Mansavage for doing actual lightsaber dueling in what are hot and unforgiving costumes...

Some more of our members:

I especially loved meeting these three little girls in their Ewok costumes...I only wish I had on my Endor Commando costume at the time I met them (I changed into Endor later in the day but spent the morning in RFT)...

Nar Shaddaa Base members present:

Blue
Iam8114
Zombie Bunny
Rebel David
Tag
Mansavage
Hartss
Princess Dee
Dolvan Veingo
YT1300
LeiaYT1300
Trent
Crix
R2S5
Destiny Froste
Schph Gochi

More photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Discovery%20World%2010-22-11/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we were invited to the Homer Glen Library at this same time to do their "May The Force Be With You" event. The event shattered all records for attendance to any program at the Library so we were asked to come back this year.

The Library was once again packed with enthusiastic participants. We were there to add atmosphere, pose for photos, lead the trivia contest and sign autographs in books that the kids made while we were suiting up. The Library also had themed refreshments and participants were encouraged to wear costumes.

It was great fun!

Rebels present:
Thomas "Crix" Turner
Schph Gochi
Artoo Gochi
and lending support/photos

Zombie Bunny

Crix signs autographs

It isn't every day I get to hang out with Yoda

We posed with all the kids who volunteer at the Library and were on hand to help things run smmothly

I got the opportunity to lead the Trivia and added a few special factoids to prove to the kids that we who wear the costumes really do know our Star Wars...and...even Jedi need their glasses to read... Smile

Since the Rebellion was outnumbered (as always), I brought my Astromech Artoo along to even out the numbers.

Crix contemplates the galaxy (and Artoo assists) in a rare moment of peace...

More photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Homer%20Glen%20Library%2010-27-11/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the last minute, Thomas "Crix" Turner found out that Timothy Zahn would be doing a booksign and talk at a local library. Since we don't like to let our favorite people roam the galaxy unprotected, he quickly got a few "troops" assembled and asked both Mr. Zahn and the library if they would like us to come out. They were enthusiastic about having us join them.

As always, Mr. Zahn was great to listen to (as much as I could actually hear with fans running in my Gunner bucket) and as always, gracious to us costumed members.

It was really last minute, so several of us Rebels went "undercover" to make sure that both sides of the force were represented.

Rebels in Rebel gear:

Goldendragon74 -X-Wing
Jack Killian - X-Wing

Rebels undercover:

Crix - Stormtrooper
Schph Gochi - Imperial Gunner

lol...if both Crix and I had worn our X-Wing costumes also
....we would have outnumbered the Tie Pilot 4 to 1
that would have been something you don't see every day...
Laughing

a few more photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Zahn%20at%20Lombard%20Library%2011-3-11/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in March of 2009 (see this thread)

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16494 ,

we were contacted by Make A Wish to grant the wish of a 5 year old with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG)- an very rare brain cancer. We did indeed grant Max's wish of battling Darth Maul.

Several months later, Max passed away and because we had been such a large part of the day that he proclaimed as his "best day evah", we were asked to appear at his life celebration.
see this thread

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18242

We were again contacted awhile ago to become part of Max's legacy as his parents have set up a foundation in his name to raise money for research and to provide support to other parents whose children face this killer-the survival rate is less than 10%. Last night the Foundation had a fundraiser. Because of the nature of the fundraiser last night, only 4 participants were allowed...I was grateful to be one of the 4. The 4 picked were those of us who played the largest role in his first fundraiser.

We started the evening posing for photos and schmoozing with the crowd at the fundraising gala. When dinner was served, we retreated to our room at the facility and waited for our "grand finale".

The Midwest Garrison put up us as a prize for the auction. A party with us was one of only 4 live auction prizes. A couple from the area bid $700.00 for us to appear at a party they will set up for their son for his birthday in March. When the auction for our appearance started..we made our way out to the dance floor to try and entice good bidding...

We found out this morning that another person came up to Max's mom and offered another $700.00 for the Foundation for us to make an appearance at a party for them...of course...we will.

lastly we were asked to participate in a "flash mob" that a bunch of Max's friends and family set up.

It was a truly meaningful night. At Max's first fundraiser I made him a proper Jedi robe for his battle with Darth Maul and during the event, he asked me to train him in the ways of the Jedi...my precious minute training Max will remain with me always.

Mingling...

Two Sith Lords....No waiting..

Girls just wanna have fun...

More photos....most courtesy of our photographer for the night..
Janine...

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Max%20Lacewell%20Foundation%20Gala%2011-12-11/?start=all

To learn more about Max...go here:

http://www.maxlacewell.org/

Rebel LegionParticipants:

Whinter Fenlynn (undercover as Biker Scout)
Schph Gochi - Jedi
Zombie Bunny - event photographer

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each year Chicago's Brookfield Zoo hosts "Holiday Magic". The entire Zoo is decked out in Christamas lights and also the Zoo hosts Community Trees. For a donation to the Zoo, Community trees are put up along the major walkways in the Zoo and decorated by the sponsors of the trees.

This year Nar Shaddaa Base purchased a tree and had it set up next to the Midwest Garrison.

NSB members donated to purchase the tree and donated items for the tree.

NSB members present (though most were not in costume)

Zombie Bunny - Jedi
Vadersblade - undercover in Scout
Kurodor
Whinter Fenlynn
Schph Gochi - X-Wing

We hand painted ornaments and added decoupaged ornanments with our Base and Squads. Also on the tree were action figures and some of our trading cards (laminated).

We topped our tree with Yoda holding a Rebel Alliance flag..

And..
it wouldn't be Star Wars..
without the
war....
lol..

no X-wings or speeder bikes..

just lions..

More photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Brookfield%20Zoo%20Comm%20Trees%2011-2011/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Midwest Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base started appearing at the annual ToyCon Charity Toy Show in December of 2004. This little toy convention is held at the Bridgeview Village Hall each year in December. Toy Con is held 4 times a year but the December show is special in as much as this show is for Children't Treasure Chest for Pediatric Oncology. All participants coming in through the door get in free if they bring a toy to donate. A lot of the vendors at the show also donate toys. Our mission and purpose for appearing is to pose for photos sold for $10.00 each with the proceeds going to Children's Treasure Chest and we also always arrive with bags of toys to donate.

This year our efforts raised $180.00.

Thanks to all who came out today...and a special thank you to our friends from the Wisconsin Garrison who came a looooong way to visit with us.

Toy Con is always a laid back chance to make a little money for charity, and to hang out with each other.

[size=150]
Particiapants (In no particular order)
[/size]

Rudy Grasha - AR 3620 - ARC Trooper Colt
Rich Markle - SL 1781 - Vader
Vince Baena TB-7596 Biker Scout
Edward Krzyzowski TI 4438 - Tusken
Cheryl Whitaker - TB 3127 - Biker Scout
Eric Pfeiffer - TX 3667 - Shadow Scout
Thomas Turner -SL4913 - Endor Trooper
Steve Gaza - TK4034 - Stormtrooper
Neil Auer - TK 3446 - Stormtrooper
Dan Moriarity - TK 9039 - ARF Camo Waxer
Scott Goebel - TI 6773 - Tie Pilot
Jason Rotunda - TS 7938 - Snowtrooper
Kathy Van Beuningen - TS9989 - Snowtrooper
Jerry Budde - DZ 084 Tusken
Chris Spice - TD7306 - Support
Ashley McClintock - Endor Trooper
Steve Szyndrowski - ID3052 - Imperial Officer
Schph Gochi - TK 1951 Endor Trooper and Rebel Vanguard

Charlie's Angels?

I switched out into a Rebel Vanguard in the afternoon...I needed some "official" photos:

say hello to my little friend..

More photos...
(sorry there is a lot of me in the album..but I had to get some photos of both the Endor Trooper and the Rebel Vanguard for "official" purposes...

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Toy%20Con%2012-4-11/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to take extreme pleasure in the following...

Congratulations to Nar Shaddaa Base for this Toys For Tots fundraiser at Martino Jr. High in New Lenox IL.

Why is this so big?

All of the costumes at this event AND the person who set it up are all Nar Shaddaa Base members! That is huge...and this is possibly a first.

Thanks to our participants:

Vadersblade
Zombie Bunny
Darthikari
Artoo Gochi
Schph Gochi

Our set up guy....Crix

Crix found this little event on Rebelscum (how appropriate) about a local school that was doing a fundraiser for Toys For Tots by putting out for display the private collection of a local resident at the school. Also going on were trivia, lightsaber training, legos, coloring, the Bluray movies playing....
and a last minute addition...
us...

Everyone was excited to see the Clones and Jedi and of course, Artoo. Actually Artoo is doing a sleep over at the School and will be on duty tomorrow also.

Two of the school's teachers went all out....

It looked like they collected a fair amount of toys and everyone who didn't bring a toy could donate $2.00 to see the Star Wars Museum. I think they did pretty good and tomorrow we will do it over again.

Thanks for a great time!

Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie

REBELS!!!!

you guys look AWESOME!!!!

great job! wish I could of been there

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:
Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie Dance Chewie

REBELS!!!!

you guys look AWESOME!!!!

great job! wish I could of been there

You will be...
you will be...
lol..

and the one teacher did request an X-Wing pilot..

Wink

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members of Nar Shaddaa Base were joined on day 2 of this fundraiser by members of the Midwest Garrison.

This fundraiser collected toys and money for Toys For Tots.
Events were going on in several areas of the School's first floor including:
TV's hooked up with Star Wars video games
The Bluray movies playing in the gym
SW Lego building
Cantina snacks
Coloring area
A "vote for your favorite character"
Toy Raffle
Lightsaber battling area (balloons made to look like lightsabers)
and
a "museum" of one of the teacher's really high end collectibles.

We did a whole lot of posing for photos and interacting with all of the patrons...and...I found a little time to sneak into the gym to watch a little of the movies.

I also brought my Artoo on Friday and left him for a "sleepover" till Saturday....

Participants:

Thomas "Crix" Turner - X-Wing Pilot -SL4913
Mike Olson - Vader (Mike is also our newest member with an Obi-Wan costume) - SL3193
Dan Moriarity -Boba Fett - BH9039 (Dan's boys were the Jawas)
Steve Gaza - Stormtrooper - TK4034
Steve Szyndrowski - Stormtrooer - TK3052
Artoo Gochi - R2-D2
Phyllis Schulte - RFT - TK1951

Mike - our new Obi-Wan

You could vote for your favorite Star Wars character...the leader at the time we left....
Chewbacca!!

There were some amazing pieces in the "museum"

And after living with me for many years...
my Artoo decided he needed counseling...and signed up....

More photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Martino%20Jr%20High%20Toys%20for%20Tots%2012-16-11/Martino%20Jr%20High%20day%202%2012-17-11/?start=all

Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event Date: October 15, 2011
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer - Green Bay WI

Event Participants:
NSB:
Stephanie Phieffer
Tom Hobson
Beth Thornton
Trent Thornton
David Johnson

WIG:
Kristal Brandt
Corey Brandt
Jerry Trieber
Dan Yach
Scott Coghlan
Brad Bucholtz
Quinn Vichovanec
Geoff Phieffer
Andrew Carver
Briana Petersen (1st troop!)
Teri Christensen
Brian Rogers
Adam Petersen

The event began at the Tundra Tailgate tent where we did meet and greet with walkers as they arrived to register for the walk. We then led the walk around the Lambeau parking lot to the Lombardi St exit following a pace car. We then applauded and shook hands encouraging the walkers and thanking them for their support of the cause.

We proceeded to the Lambeau Atrium and took some photos out by the Lombardi statue.

We were cleared to enter the Atrium and take some photos and did some meet and greet with Packers fans and the local newspaper.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty used to being the "lone Rebel" these days...and Sunday, 3-4-12 I represented the Rebellion (along with Artoo) in Champaign IL for "Bowl For Kids Sake".

This was a fundraiser to benefit Big Brothers and Big Sisters and the 501st/Nar Shaddaa Base was invited to appear.

We hung out, took photos with participants, answered questions and some even bowled...
including the Dark Lord himself.

This was my first chance to wear my Rebel Commander since I finished the costume..

more photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Bowl%20for%20Kids%20Sake%203-4-12%20Champaign/?start=all

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In November 2011, members of the Midwest Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base were put up as an auction prize at the Max Lacewell Foundation Gala.
Max was a little boy with a rare brain cancer that we did a fundraiser for.

A high bid of $700.00 was put in by a couple from Naperville with a 5 year old who loves him some Star Wars. Our appearance for this bid was honored today at a Birthday Party for their son.

Crazy day...but a good time!
Played the role of the "lone Rebel" again...

Very Happy

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midwest Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base members joined in at Lockport Library's Star Wars Day. This event was held outdoors in front of the Library's temporary location in the historic and beautiful Gaylord Building that is nestled next to the historic I and M Canal. Dating to the 1830's, this building has been lovingly restored and is a sight to behold.

Members were there to add atmosphere to the Library's Star Wars day featuring books, contests, and refreshments. We posed for photos, answered lots of questions and hung around the shady places around the Gaylord Building/Public Landing/Lockport Library.

Many, many thanks to our participants....
Robert Hamilton - 9295
Andrew Marsh - 2079
Crix Turner - 4913
Tara Turner - Renegade Squad
and...myself - Phyllis Schulte - 1951

of probably some note...
and probably a first...
all of the participants of this event are full and active members of Nar Shaddaa Base....all (except for Tara) are also members of Outlaw Squadron...
we asked Crix and Andrew to don their Imperial best to make sure that both sides of the force were represented.

Andrew's AT-AT broke down...so he decided to try another means of getting around...

Robert gets it...

But Crix was confused...

Tara had an avid fan ...

Andrew found some shade...

and a good time was had by all..

more photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/schphgochi/Lockport%20Library%205-19-12/?start=all

My many thanks again...

part 2 next post...
we all did a double header...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: