Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8dacd0b501496d95b49881ee2ba627cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Millenium Falcon Endor Gunners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

I gues I have an Endor Gunner costume....lol..

I finished these today..

note the color difference in the gaiters.

I shot all three photos at the same time...
and..
obviously...they are the same gaiters ...
and look at the color on the middle one...
the gaiters are made of a light khaki tan twill fabric.

Add gloves and stir

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Geber Teg (Jim Pullen)

Location: Medford, OR (about 1.5 hours from the Forest Moon of Endor)
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MothMonty wrote:
I would like to see a better pic of that blaster the dudes carrying in the 3rd pic and it looks like Numb is opening a beer

I'l like to see better pics on that blaster, too. Blaster research is a big hobby of mine, and I don't recognize that one.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good
bad
or indifferent...

here is my take on the Imperial Gunner...

Costume submitted....

and...
my thoughts on a standard for this costume...
I really am struggling with the "weathering" or painting or whatever you want to call it on the capped sleeved vest. It is REALLY a crummy job that they did on that...
it looks like they just took some regular Endor vests and went crazy with paint ...and it looks terrible and I am not sure it is relevant.

POSSIBLE COSTUME STANDARD:

1. Gray or tan jumpsuit with 4 leg pockets in front and a tabbed closure collar and tabbed closure on sleeves.

OR

Gray jumpsuit with regular buttoned up pointed collar and 4 leg pockets in front.

2. Olive drab military style canvas/strapping belt

3. At least 2 olive drab pouches

4. Endor capped sleeved vest with quilted portion on upper right and slash pockets.

5. Rank badge

6. short gloves (tan, brown, or deerskin)

7. Tan gaiters with a seam down the front, siver strapping at top, and small black triangle to the inner part of gaiters.

8. Black round toe boots or shoes.

Optional - must have one for formal

Headset
Weathering/painting on capped sleeved vest
Endor headgear

GhostRider01 (Luis Alejandro Mendoza)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome work Phyllis! probably i will make one of those too... but what kind of greeblies you use?

Formely Know as Sgt. Siul Azendom
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have both of the rank badges/com badges that Endor Troopers have been seen with...

There are some reference photos at the Endor Yahoo Group...
if you are a member there...
see this PDF and look at pages 8 and 9
and you will see the two types of badges:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oBSxTgt-CNxC6pv3-G19yby2gsJvqRlqJwVqoKTUi8VboEHIXgkbd4rgDdXYbeTDkB__mv12VFdTIkWNvew8ow/Costume%20Reference%20Photos%20PDF.pdf

Of note..
I am still struggling with the costume standard on this costume...

My gut (and research on other similar costumes) tells me the jumpsuit is gray...
but at this time I have included the "tan" option.

Also..
I am struggling with that just plain awful "weathering/painting" they did on that capped sleeved jacket.

On one hand...should that shading/painting be required? It is so poorly done in the screen captures that if one was to duplicate that AND wear it out in public...
the public (not knowing this costume very well because it was NOT part of the original movies) would think that the wearer/maker just did a hurry up rush job of that detail and also that it was poorly done....

So..
at this time I thought I would make that detail as an optional.

I had the can of fabric paint in my hand....and was going to add that onto my capped sleeved vest...but I just could not do it as I feel it is REEALLY poorly done on screen.

Mac Bragg ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut feeling is that unless someone is trying to duplicate a specific costume from a specific scene, "New, As Issued" should be acceptable.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Bragg wrote:
My gut feeling is that unless someone is trying to duplicate a specific costume from a specific scene, "New, As Issued" should be acceptable.

Agreed. You don't need to go for the full weathering look.

Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not knowing this costume very well because it was NOT part of the original movies

It can be seen in the original movies, but not the feet!

In the falcons cockpit behind Lando you can see the gray mechanics coverall, the endor trooper vest and helmet, some "dark" belt with pouches and brown gloves - but it´s not possible to see the gaiters!
I just had a look on my screenshots (from Sep.2010)- exept the gaiters nearly all details were/are visible.

I think your standards would fit quite well for this costume!
Well done!
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyllis you are a machine!

i want to do this one, sewing up the vest is the only challenge I see, but I have a seamstress I can call on to bail me out ( Ijust built all of her Bouhh hard parts)

I signed up over on the Endor bunker group, hoping to get some guidance on greeblies.

Question regarding these gaiters:
are these the same gaiters as seen on the Y wing? The Y wing standards say the spats' strap has to be the same/similar matieral, but the material here is silver webbing, with a black section that is not presnt on the Y wing. Just trying to confirm...and making spats is easy enough.

thanks
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewka wrote:
Question regarding these gaiters:
are these the same gaiters as seen on the Y wing? The Y wing standards say the spats' strap has to be the same/similar matieral, but the material here is silver webbing, with a black section that is not presnt on the Y wing. Just trying to confirm...and making spats is easy enough.

thanks

I would say that they are similar in structure and are really nothing other than a rectangle.

After looking at the few reference photos of the Endor Gunners (I have no Bluray player so I have not been able to watch those new scenes)
and the contrast of the strapping on top to the spat/gaiter iteself,
silver/gray was what they LOOK like...
who knows what color they really were....
but one has to work with what they can see.

And...also...there is clearly a little black piece to the inside of the seam down the front in the screen captures...what it was there for is another unknown.
Was it a piece of sew on velcro?
Were they going to attach something else there and didn't decide on anything?

God only knows....
Since that detail clearly shows...I thought it necessary to add it as there is little else "going on" with those gaiters/spats.

I do plan to make another set of gaiters for a Y-Wing project.
They also appear to be about the same as the Rebel Vanguard (based on the RFT costume).

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a size that the black peice needs to be?

I would like to use my taller boots that I normally use for my TIE and IC, they are 14 inches, and i can make the gaiter tall enough to cover the boots, but would that be too tall?

also which coveralls did you go with? I need to order cosplay sky , and they make to fit, however they have pointed closures on all the pockets , and apparently do not make the coveralls with the lower shin pockets. I can ask them to change this, as I am very happy with the grey Imperial set I had them make me earlier this year ( no way I can fit the costumebase...thats way too small).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one last question. since I plan to order a another grey suit made to fit me, with the four leg pockets (for this and the Y wing) would the same jumpsuit work for both.

It looks like in your outside pictures that the commpad pocket is present on the left wrist, but with the capped sleeve on the vest I can tell if there is the triple slotted code cylinder pocket on the upper left sleeve.

thanks!
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a size that the black peice needs to be?

I made my black piece out of 1" wide black nylon strapping.....
so the piece is 1" high and about 2 1/2" long.

I would like to use my taller boots that I normally use for my TIE and IC, they are 14 inches, and i can make the gaiter tall enough to cover the boots, but would that be too tall?

My boots are 13" high....so your boots should be fine.

also which coveralls did you go with? I need to order cosplay sky , and they make to fit, however they have pointed closures on all the pockets , and apparently do not make the coveralls with the lower shin pockets. I can ask them to change this, as I am very happy with the grey Imperial set I had them make me earlier this year ( no way I can fit the costumebase...thats way too small).

My coveralls/flightsuit is the same one I use for my Yavin Tech, Hoth Tech and Hoth Hangar Trooper. It is a medium Costume Base suit...it fits me like cr*p....but...sometimes I just get tired of sewing stuff so I buy what I can...I do need to do some alterations on it...but I don't seem to have the time.....I had to order two of the suits to get fabric so I could cut one apart and sew the extra set of pockets on the flightsuit.

one last question. since I plan to order a another grey suit made to fit me, with the four leg pockets (for this and the Y wing) would the same jumpsuit work for both.

It should...I haven't done any research on the Y-Wing...so I can't say for sure.but it would seem that they used a lot of these costume pieces over and over on different characters..

It looks like in your outside pictures that the commpad pocket is present on the left wrist, but with the capped sleeve on the vest I can tell if there is the triple slotted code cylinder pocket on the upper left sleeve.

Yes....the suit has all the same pockets as an orange X-Wing flightsuit.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Phyllis!!

I' m going to talk to Cossplaying/Cosplaysky (same company). The suit is great, metal zipper, great fabric and wonderful stitching. It worked for the TIE pilot group to get costumbase to change the black suit --maybe talking to Coss/cpsky will get them to adapt their pattern to the four pocket/flat flap configuration which does not seem to be in their lineup-or at least sell me a hunk of materiel to make the pockets for the shins.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Cosplayskyy ( I have their grey ATAT coveralls) and they are willing to consider making a four-leg pocket uniform. They provided me with the real Email address and I am going to send off the images, the costume reference list, differences between the costumes, etc.

this is good, maybe they will consider making a production run of the grey coveralls for the RL--it aint that much different and they are made to order to fit odd body sizes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: