About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bd75319640ff7a7c897655d7c92158ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dec 3 (Dallas, TX) Children's Capitol One Adolphus Parade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)

User Registered Confirmed
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Dec 3 (Dallas, TX) Children's Capitol One Adolphus Parade
Event starting Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 pm for one hour

12/3/11 - Dallas Children's Parade -Capitol One Bank Adolphus - Downtown Dallas

It is time to sign up for the Christmas parade. Steven Davis has handled the parade in the parade in the past and has done an awesome job. However, with his baby TK on the way he has given me the green light to go ahead and coordinate this event.

We need to start signing up and submit our waivers in September. Also, we must have a minimum of 25 people. Last year we had around 38. The year before it was 33. It would be awesome to break 50 this year.

Note, we are also going to work to do the hospital visit on the Friday before as has been done in past years.

What is the parade?
We march through downtown Dallas to the cheering of literally thousands of people on the street and usually have television coverage. I need a commitment of at least 25 for me to promise we will do it. We are one of the hottest and most popular items in the parade but coming up with enough people to march is my biggest problem every year. If we can't come up with the people, I will tell them no thank you.

http://www.childrens.com/parade/

Past Star Garrison Parade Information. This information mostly stays the same but some things will get updated.
http://www.stargarrison.com/gateway/network/parade.php

Participant Waiver
I need for everyone who is participating to fill out a waiver and mail it to me by the end of September. Waiver is attached to this post. Also, you may print, sign, scan, and email to me at Familyjim72@yahoo.com.

Jim Sauter
4109 Black Oak Dr
Cleburne, TX 76031

Download Waiver Here:
Attachment 1915

Arrival Time: Arrive at 7:00 AM Saturday 12/3/11. Please be on time. We have a lot to do before we line up at 9AM.

Line Up Time: 9:00 AM

Step-Off Time: 9:30AM

Telecast Time: 10:00-11:00 AM (one-hour live on WFAA-TV Dallas) syndicated for live and tape-delayed telecast in almost 300 television markets nationwide.

We will be meeting and parking at Founder's Square again this year. Founder's Square is located at:

Founders Square
900 Jackson Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8...s,+TX&z=14&t=m

Parking is available underground on the second level. Entrance to the garage is on Griffin Street.

We will be provided a place to change and store our bags. Smoking is prohibited in all parade areas.

Please call Jim Sauter at 972-762-9458 or
Steven Davis (Ruf Terrain) Cell Phone: 214-636-9556

No Blasters: I was told "no blasters" but nothing about Light sabers or Force Pikes.

No Signs or Banners or Handouts: They are providing banners for us and we aren't allowed to distribute anything.

Where can I find out more about the parade?
A lot of good information can be found on the parade website at www.childrensparade.com.

Is this a canon event?
This is a formal canon event. You will need to follow the rules stated in the 501st or Rebel Legion charter in regard to canon events. Basic rule of thumb for this event is: If it wasn't on the screen then it isn't in the parade.

Who does this parade benefit?
The parade benefits Children's Medical Center in Dallas.

How long is the parade?
Best estimate is roughly 2 miles. Plus the walk back and worth to the starting point.

Do we have a plan for a marching formation?
Yes. Parade line-up is on its way.

What time do we need to arrive?
Neiman Marcus needs us at our building at 7AM. The parade will start moving at 9:300AM so we will have to be rehearsed, dressed and in line ready to move.

Will parking be provided?
Yes. Please DO NOT try to park anywhere other than what is designated by Neiman Marcus for us. We will be provided a parking garage with enough room for 50 vehicles.

Line Up/Formation
Double-click here:
Attachment 1925

Lunch
Campisi Restaurant (unless someone would like to go elsewhere)
1520 Elm St # 100, Dallas, TX
(214) 752-0141
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Campis...N&hl=en&tab=wl

Participant List: -

Please sign up with preferred costume and alternates if you have them. If we have multiple sign-ups for named characters then we will have a drawing as has been done in the past. Keep in mind this is a 2 mile march and the walk to the starting point and back is nearly as long. Choose a costume that is mobile...

Please sign up in this format to make it easier on me to keep track of sign-ups:
[Name], [forum screen name], [Preferred Costume], [Alternate Costumes]

1. Jim Sauter, TK6294, Null Arc Clone trooper (Alt: TK, TI, IG, IO)
2. Cathy Sauter, TB6295, ANH Leia (Alt: TB, Jawa)
3. Brandon Pollard, TK9224, Stormtrooper
4. Steven Davis, Darth Vader (Alt: TK)
5. James Atkinson and Son Gibson, Blueboxer, Sandtrooper
6. Clint Gilbert, Shabazz Jenkins', Clone Five (Alt: Boba, TK)
7. Chris Mullins, Mullreel, Jango
8. Stephen Davenport, LTalvloinne, TR4126 -Argyus
9. Phil Grubenhoff, gravedigger1964, Darth Vader (Alt: 501st clone trooper)
10. Kameron Earles, Daala Girl, Snowtrooper (Alt: TB)
11. Todd McAllister, Trident, Tie Pilot
12. Tim Bell , TK3121, Stormtrooper (Alt: CT Shock)
13. Lydia ? (Stephen's Girlfriend), Imperial Guard
14. Jeff Brownlee, CC-6384 - Cmdr. Fox
15. Camille Patterson, Lucky, TI
16. David Petty, eagle eye, TI
25. (Minimum Needed)
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)

Last edited by Danpa (Danny Patterson) on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
TK6294 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to contact me through here if you to march in the parade...

Supplier of Aker Voice amps http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26880&highlight=
Gatorvet (Laurie Kutch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Children's Parade Reply with quote

Jim,
I plan to march again this year. Generic Jedi costume. Just like last year, my son would love to do Yoda, but only if there were a trailer he could ride on. I will try to crack the whip on my husband to finish (or actually start) his TK armor.

Laurie K Yoda 1
wookiee_cookiee (Erica Facer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to sit it out this year since I only have an ANH Leia costume and I got to be in the parade last year. Hopefully I can still come and watch the parade! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel Hullett, StormtrooperPrincess, Leia (Alt: Padme, Jedi, X-wing pilot)
TK6294 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 10/26/11

My apologies for the lack of updates.

Note, the parade is being managed by a different person this year. They are looking to add more variety from year to year in the parade. Their original idea was to have only stormtroopers. I talked them out of that idea and into another one. To make a long story short, we are still going to do something different this year. We want to see as much variety in costumes as possible and less stormtroopers. If you only have a stormtrooper costume then that is okay. However, if you have an alternate costume that is what we need you to wear. We definitely want more clones. I have also acquired permission to invite the Mandos which i have done. I think will give us some additional variety. Expanded universe costumes are welcome but we need to keep the costumes as recognizable as possible.

There is also a new waiver form that is different than the ones we used in the past. For those of you that have already sent your forms to me I am sorry that I have wasted your time on that. The new forms can be signed the morning of the event. I will bring copies for everyone to sign.

Stay tuned for more updates as there may be other things that change.

Here is the sign-up list since I can't edit Danny's
7. Chris Mullins, Mullreel, Jango (We have two Jangos so we will need to draw)
17. Warren Jacobsenm, TR-5932 Royal Guard
18. Jason Davis, TK9750, TD
19. Michael Koenig, Bobafett669, Jango (We have two Jangos so we will need to draw)
20. Robert Barretto, TX TRooper, TK
21. Levin Larking, TK9950, Boba Fett, Alt TB
22. Roon Marchant, Imperial officer
23. Brian Earles, sithpigg, Imperial officer, alt TK
24. John Christon, VasilliTheGreat, Rex
25. Chris Knight, Snowtrooper
26. Kim Knight, Snowtrooper
27. Thomas Newcomb, Giric Thren, Stormtrooper
28. Jeff Rees, burnjp5, Stormtrooper
29. Art Pinratana, apinratana, Stormtrooper
30. Laurie K., Gatorvet, Rebel Legion, -Generic Jedi
31. Rachel Hullett, StormtrooperPrincess, (Padme, leia, Jedi, X-wing pilot)

Supplier of Aker Voice amps http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26880&highlight=
TK6294 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormtrooperPrincess wrote:
Rachel Hullett, StormtrooperPrincess, Leia (Alt: Padme, Jedi, X-wing pilot)

Rachel,
we have a ANH Leia signed up but would love to see a Padme or Pilot. We are trying to go for the greatest variety as possible.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

You have to do a drawing if there is more than one Leia signed up, it is a unique character like Jango Fett or Vader. Steven always did a drawing for Leia in the past, so it isn't the first person to sign up. He also would have a date to be signed up by so he could schedule the drawing.

Thanks,
Erica

Amadalia
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wookiee_cookiee wrote:
Jim,

You have to do a drawing if there is more than one Leia signed up, it is a unique character like Jango Fett or Vader. Steven always did a drawing for Leia in the past, so it isn't the first person to sign up. He also would have a date to be signed up by so he could schedule the drawing.

Thanks,
Erica

Amadalia

I was not aware Steven drew names for the rebel costumes. I know he did for the 501st costumes. I don't have a problem with that although I am inclined to give 501st members first shot at all spots since it is a 501st event.

I planned the drawings for vader and jango for November 1st (posted on the Star garrison boards).

Erica and Rachel, do want me to add your names to the drawing for ANH Leia. Just say the word and it will be done.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was Leia last year I'll sit out the drawing. Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note, here is all of the update parade information.

All of this posted is updated or changed on 11/29/11. Please make a special note of all of the sections in red as they have changed. You may still sign up for this event!

It is time to sign up for the Christmas parade. Steven Davis has handled the parade in the parade in the past and has done an awesome job. However, with his baby TK on the way he has given me the green light to go ahead and coordinate this event.

Note, the parade is being managed by a different person this year. They are looking to add more variety from year to year in the parade. Their original idea was to have only stormtroopers. I talked them out of that idea and into another one. To make a long story short, we are still going to do something different this year. We want to see as much variety in costumes as possible and less stormtroopers. If you only have a stormtrooper costume then that is okay. However, if you have an alternate costume that is what we need you to wear. We definitely want more clones. I have also acquired permission to invite the Mandos which i have done. I think will give us some additional variety. Expanded universe costumes are welcome but we need to keep the costumes as recognizable as possible.

What is the parade?
We march through downtown Dallas to the cheering of literally thousands of people on the street and usually have television coverage.

http://www.childrens.com/parade/

Participant Waiver
The waiver form has changed for this year. However, they will allow us to bring signed waivers the day of the parade. I am going to print them all off and bring them with me. Everyone can fill out a new one in the morning.

Arrival Time: Arrive at 7:00 AM Saturday 12/3/11. Please be on time. We have a lot to do before we line up at 9AM.

Line Up Time: 9:00 AM

Step-Off Time: 9:30AM

Inclement weather: The Parade will go on rain or shine. Be prepared for cold weather and rain. Let's hope for good weather but prepare for the worst.

Placement: We will not know this for sure until that morning. We will walk to our starting location together.

Telecast Time: 10:00-11:00 AM (one-hour live on WFAA-TV Dallas) syndicated for live and tape-delayed telecast in almost 300 television markets nationwide.

Parking: We will be parking in a different location this year. We will park at the Lubben Parking Lot above ground. This is right next to the underground garage and still across from the founders square. Please see the map below.

Parking Passes: You will need a parking pass for the lot. I will have someone at the entrance passing out the passes or I will give you the passes once you park. It depends on if they let us in without passes to start with. Either way I will make sure you are able to park without paying in the Lubben lot. Please DO NOT try to park anywhere other than what is designated for us.

We will be Changing and storing our gear at Founder's Square again this year. Founder's Square is located at:
Founders Square
900 Jackson Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

[SIZE="4"]Map for Parking, Changing, Walk back from Parade end, and lunch. [/SIZE]

Please call Jim Sauter at 972-762-9458 or
Steven Davis (Ruf Terrain) Cell Phone: 214-636-9556

No Blasters: I was told "no blasters" but nothing about Light sabers or Force Pikes.

No Signs or Banners or Handouts: They are providing banners for us and we aren't allowed to distribute anything.

Where can I find out more about the parade?
A lot of good information can be found on the parade website at www.childrensparade.com.

Is this a canon event?
This is a canon event but expanded universe costumes are allowed. You will need to follow the rules stated in the 501st or Rebel Legion charter in regard to canon events.

Who does this parade benefit?
The parade benefits Children's Medical Center in Dallas.

How long is the parade?
Best estimate is roughly 2 miles. Plus the walk back and worth to the starting point. There is a map of the parade route below.

Do we have a plan for a marching formation?
Yes. The parade formation is now listed below.

What time do we need to arrive?
You must arrive at the Lubben parking area at 7:00am. The parade will start moving at 9:30 AM so we will have to be rehearsed, dressed and in line ready to move.

Line Up/Formation

Clonetroopers:
1. Null Arc Clone Ordo –Jim Sauter
2. Clonetrooper Five –Clint Gilbert
3. Shocktrooper –Tim Bell
4. Commander Fox –Jeff Brownlee
5. Rex –John Christon
6. Republic Guard -Argyus

Jedi
1. Laurie K. from the Rebel Legion

Main Characters
1. ANH Princess Leia (Tantive IV dress) -Unfilled
2. Darth Vader –Phil Grubenhoff
3. Jango Fett -Michael Koenig
4. Boba Fett –Levi Larkin
5. Pre-armor Anakin –Col Ramirez

Stormtroopers:
1. Stephen Davis
2. Robert Barretto
3. Brandon Pollard
4. Sarah Brownlee
5. Thomas Newcomb
6. Jeff Rees
7. Art Pinratan

Sandtrooper:
1. James Atkinson

Bikerscouts
1. Justin Hartin
2. Cathy Sauter

Snowtroopers
1. Kameron Earles
2. Chris Knight
3. Kim Knight

Jawas
1. Gibson Atkinson
2. Possibly Cole and Austin Sauter

Mandos
1. Zac Freer
2. Angela Wilmot
3. Kevin Ward
4. Chris Mullins
5. Darren Lea
6. Sam Grubenhoff.

Imperial Guards
1. Lydia Bailey
2. Warren Jacobsen

Tie Pilots
1. Todd McAllister
2. Camille Patterson
3. David Petty
4. James Dollins

Imperial Officers
1. Juno –Paige
2. Roon Marchant
3. Brian Earles
4. Fred Ellis

Lunch
Campisi Restaurant, ~11:45am (same place we go every year)
1520 Elm St # 100, Dallas, TX
(214) 752-0141

[URL="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Campisi%E2%80%99s%20downtown%20dallas&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl"]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Campisi%E2%80%99s%20downtown%20dallas&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl[/URL]

Participant List: -
Please sign up in this format to make it easier on me to keep track of sign-ups:
[Name], [forum screen name], [Preferred Costume], [Alternate Costumes]

7. Chris Mullins, Mullreel, Jango (We have two Jangos so we will need to draw)
17. Warren Jacobsenm, TR-5932 Royal Guard
18. Fred Ellis, officer
19. Michael Koenig, Bobafett669, Jango (We have two Jangos so we will need to draw)
20. Robert Barretto, TX TRooper, TK
21. Levin Larking, TK9950, Boba Fett, Alt TB
22. Roon Marchant, Imperial officer
23. Brian Earles, sithpigg, Imperial officer, alt TK
24. John Christon, VasilliTheGreat, Rex
25. Chris Knight, Snowtrooper
26. Kim Knight, Snowtrooper
27. Thomas Newcomb, Giric Thren, Stormtrooper
28. Jeff Rees, burnjp5, Stormtrooper
29. Art Pinratana, apinratana, Stormtrooper
30. James Dollins -tie pilot
31. Justin Hartin -TB
32. Generic Jedi - Lauri K from the rebel legion
33. Paige , Juno
34. Col Ramirez, Pre-armor Anakin
35. Zac Freer -Mando
36. Angela Wilmot -Mando
37. Kevin Ward -Mando
38. Darren Lea -Mando
39. Sam Grubenhoff -Mando

Last edited by TK6294 () on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have stated in the past, if there are multiple character requests there should be a drawing for that character for the parade.
TK6294 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danpa wrote:
As others have stated in the past, if there are multiple character requests there should be a drawing for that character for the parade.

I did the drawing two weeks ago for Jango and vader. I thought there was only one sign up at the time for the Leia so I did not do a drawing. Cathy will be wearing her Biker scout costume so that somebody else can participate. So the Leia position is now open.

Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK6294 wrote:
Danpa wrote:

I did the drawing two weeks ago for Jango and vader. I thought there was only one sign up at the time for the Leia so I did not do a drawing. Cathy will be wearing her Biker scout costume so that somebody else can participate. So the Leia position is now open.

I saw that ... didn't read all the posts ... sorry.

I would say then it's OK to let Cathy march as Leia since there has not been a reply from Rachel OR unless Erica wants to march again then Cathy should be good.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to work this weekend, so I can't make the drive to Dallas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: