About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=26a11074ad6c49683ae2ea26879ea1cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

An idea

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: An idea Reply with quote

I am curious, seeing that Western New York has the majority of members here in Echo Base, would it be a step forward to divide Western New York into squads. In general, W. N.Y., would be whole, but will be govern by appointed members by Base Command. The key points are:

* The Squads would come from the urban areas of Buffalo, Rochester, Binghamton, and Albany.

* Any member of a squad may troop in any area of W.N.Y.

* Events will be posted as interest threads, with City Captains as the event coordinators, members who live in the city areas have first crack at the events.

Thoughts?
Comments?
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to do this?

What is the point/benefit of doing this?

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason for this idea, is the sheer size of the region; Western New York incompass itself along with Upstate New York and the Southern Tier- three large territories. Setting up city captains may give relief to the Regional Captain.

Another reason is, many members just do events in their nieghborhoods (locally around urban areas of the region.) This is just apart of the times right now. If we have Captains in the cities, this may improve attendance at events.

This idea is not working out an issues, right now it is an idea. I am offering this idea to the membership to see what the members feel what is right.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore comments oon this idea?
Nara Pel (Cherissa Crossland)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth discussing, for sure, but I think the timing is horrible - October is usually insanely busy for anyone who does costuming of any sort. You'll probably see more people responding come November 1.

I also don't come from those areas, and tend to check with Chris (Feehan) who is the Long Island 501st charity coordinator about anything that might be going on in our area as well as checking the Echo Base forum.
DarSolo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't see why this is needed. I like seeing events going on in areas outside Western or Central NY like Pennsylvania without having to go to another forum.

Echo Base, Rebel Legion
TR 6835, Sovereign Protectors
Garrison Excelsior, 501st.
The Rebellion, Fan Force
Daala's Death Squad
USS Tranquility
Rochester Fandom
Rochester, New York
TKJimbo (James Hannon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not advocating this AT ALL, but I think if you want to make it easier to organize, maybe a new "base" would be a better option?

I agree that the group is little too wide to make sense - When i see a Buffalo or Albany event, its on automatic ignore since I'm in NJ... I dont think a new squad is going to help - it may just confuse things more..(For news or a new event in the area, you'd have to post it to the main base, the new squad, and then the specific costume squads (Ie Hawkbat Squadron)... )

Just my 2 cents... I dont advocate splitting off the base at all... I like being in the same base as Gil...

Please join my Facebook Group for my book Lost Boys of the Bronx: the Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Jim, I'm the same way unless I happen to be in the NYC area.
If there are times when you can come to our end of the state, please do! We'd love to have you visit!

I just don't see any reason to break up the base as it is right now, and Hawkbat Squadron is just fine the way it is... Wink There are other bases that cover far more territory and they make it work.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The orginial permise of this idea was to see if an additional Regional Captain was needed in Greater New York. Gil has been doing a great job, but there are many events that have been either cancelled, not posted, or passed over from the region. At points, I have asked the requester to contact Fanforce for their needs.
Nara Pel (Cherissa Crossland)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the core issue that the Base is sparsely-populated compared to some others?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: