About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=edcfbfef9689bb30c2f9d6bfcf226eadMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Armageddon Conventions - Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Smile

I have some last minute printing off to do for the contest. Should be a good one Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make it down this year, it coincides with some rather important assignments Sad

The booth is absolutely gigantic, so those of you going do our Outpost proud!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going down but not taking a Rebel costume. Am wearing the Sith on the Saturday and won't be doing Star Wars at all on the Sunday.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Armageddon Auckland: 28-31 October Reply with quote

This year Auckland Armageddon is a week later than usual, running from October 28-31st. It's later seeing as the Rugby World Cup final is on over Labour Weekend, when the event is usually held.

This means that not only is the event 4 days rather than 3 (going from Friday till Monday), but only the Saturday and Sunday are 'holidays' with the Friday and Monday of the event being regular 'working' days.

We're working with the 501st to construct a Tattooine set for our booth, so if anyone will be available to help on the Thursday to help set it up, that would be great Smile

It's going to be an awkward event for me - I've always been able to set up and stay for the whole event in the past, but at this stage I can only be there for the weekend because of University, which is quite disappointing.
I also need to think really carefully about what costumes to wear - one will definitely be the Aayla Secura costume that I'm currently working on Smile
I may do Fem TIE/Officer, or a Leia costume - Slave/ GG. Going to be very tricky choosing...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When were we asked to help with the build? I haven't seen any info here in our base forums. I was waiting for an update since your last post but haven't seen anything Smile

I understand not wanting to give out private info but being updated about dates to help out would be good- then the address could be given only to those committed to helping.

I'm not sure if I would be on any use (I'm guessing it will be a fairly heavy set) but I know there are people reading these forums who would be of great use.
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:
When were we asked to help with the build? I haven't seen any info here in our base forums. I was waiting for an update since your last post but haven't seen anything Smile

I understand not wanting to give out private info but being updated about dates to help out would be good- then the address could be given only to those committed to helping.

I'm not sure if I would be on any use (I'm guessing it will be a fairly heavy set) but I know there are people reading these forums who would be of great use.

I'm answering this as the local 501st CO.

I have not asked the Rebel Legion to assist directly with the build, but you are welcome to help if you wish. Smile

The build is a 501st project, and is being run by the 501st. The information therefore is on the Outpost 42 forums, which all local RL members are registered on, therefore I feel no need to cross-post here.

The Preparation topic was started mid-May, as you can see here http://nz501st.com/forum/index.php?topic=426.0 with a new topic based purely on the build itself was started on the 10th of August here http://nz501st.com/forum/index.php?topic=494.0

Since you were last active on the O42 forums at August 10, 2011, 12:07:01 you missed the build thread starting by only a matter of minutes but have visited and posted on those forums multiple times since the first thread was started so have had ample opportunity to join in the conversation there.

Ember wrote:
We're working with the 501st to construct a Tattooine set for our booth, so if anyone will be available to help on the Thursday to help set it up, that would be great Smile

All the information that was posted about the set was what was quoted above. The assistance mentioned was for the Thursday prior to the commencement of Armageddon in late October as inferred by the rest of Hayley's post.

Given that the post was over a month ago with no indication of interest in posts here prior to your post just now, I took that as no interest in assisting at all.

As I said at the beginning, this is a 501st project. SO if you are willing to help then you can post in the relevant thread, which for your convenience are linked above, and you will be provided with contact details and addresses.

Thank you for your time.

--
Dean Brown - SL 2776
Commanding Officer
Outpost 42, New Zealand Garrison, 501st Legion
www.nz501st.com
www.501st.com
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These forums are set up for RL, we should not be relying on what happens on other forums for our information especially when those forums do not specify that there are RL inclusive events,

If you are only counting active members it may be true that most people can read those forums however we have a number of members here who are not yet active and may not get a chance to be active unless they see events posted here.

As 501st CO I would not expect you to post over here in that capacity, so thank you for clarifying the stand on this particular point.
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, maybe you didn't read my post clearly enough.

The set is not a Rebel Legion event, nor is Armageddon. the Rebel Legion is there only at the request of the 501st, I actually have a hard time remembering an event where the RL was the primary contact and not invited to the event by the 501st.

I find it odd that you are suddenly interested in trooping and events since you haven't participated in any for the last three years. What has brought about this sudden interest if I may ask?

--
Dean Brown - SL 2776
Commanding Officer
Outpost 42, New Zealand Garrison, 501st Legion
www.nz501st.com
www.501st.com
Athrun (Jonathan Sharp)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see about being there on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday. I can't make it on the Sunday as I have the Auckland Marathon and probably won't be able to move much afterwards.

Will be there in my Jedi costume as Zalon.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Athrun, that's great Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a month to go!
So far for confirmed troopers we have:

Athrun
Ember
Gorman
HanSagan

I'll just say that anyone who wishes to get in to the Expo with one of our free passes has a requirement to troop and/or act as support crew at the booth for 4 hours per day of entry. Anyone not willing to support the booth for this time will not receive a pass, and this will not count as a proper troop for that member. This is the expectation of the 501st members, and will also be applicable for any Rebel troopers.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realised how long ago I posted in this thread! I'd still love to attend a NZ Armageddon sometime in the future. I just don't know when we'll get the opportunity. Which is the best out of them, is it Auckland?
Commander_Barriss (Sarah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the other thread, My partner and I are planning on coming over next year for your Auckland geddon with my little boy. We're really looking forward to it. We'll also be staying around NZ for a while taking in the sites. We'd love to get a chance to troop with you guys while we're over. Can't wait to meet you guys.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auckland Armageddon is definitely the biggest event, though I'm not sure how it compares with the Aussie Geddons. I think numbers last year got up to 40,000 across the 3-day event?
It would be lovely to have some extra Rebel troopers along Smile

Where do you intend to visit, Sarah?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest is Melbourne - over 2 days there were over 17,000 people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: