About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=65f67b9624842064fe21aa1aab86fc8aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme - Mustafar outfit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your "next" going to be?

Princess Cryvo (Crystal von Oy)
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the "birthing gown" done, but I think I need to re-do it because it is too short. Sad

I have a long line of "nexts" Wink but I am (in no particular order, but I have supplies for all) going to do the red throne room gown (looking for "egg shapes"), Endor Leia, and the gold picnic gown. Eventually I'll do the pre-senate gown, and "during" senate gown, and maybe a couple of others. I'd like to tackle the travel gown from EPII, but will have a "great" (ha ha) time looking/trying to find the right fabric. LOTS of those drive you nuts, take a long time, epic projects, but I enjoy doing those. Smile

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I only know of one other person with the birthing gown.

A couple of your "next" are on my "radar" too. I'm gathering pieces for the picnic gown and the fireside gown. I also one day want to do the Ep1 Senate gown because it's my absolute favorite gown. I also want to do ROTJ/Endor Leia, aiming for CVI. I'm currently trying to work on the AOTC cut scene senate gown, but real life and commission work keeps me from getting much progress done.

Have fun with your list. Smile

Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5501
Well, it took about 5 tries to get the collar the way I wanted...I have a few "fidgety" things to do when I actually troop this costume Smile But overall, I am happy with the way it turned out. I didn't really intend to do this costume, and I don't even remember what changed my mind.
Thanks for everyone's help! Smile

Akashka (Daria Mynarska)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac174/Akashka89/Master%20Truck%202010/DSCN2183.jpg?t=1279317819
I will possibly put this "on sale" I finished it some time ago and dont even wear it more than 4 times..
with hand-made broach and buckle and pleather shoes. No hair. xD lol
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh the collar on this costume is so annoying! I just can't for the life of me make one that lays right. I have plenty of fabric left over, so after Dragon*Con I'll work on it some more. Right now it's fine as is, but as I'm a stickler for perfection it's bugging me. In other news, I'm using a similar method for the belting that Rachel used, but instead of hot glue I'm having to use a combination of fabric glue and gorilla glue and lots of heavy objects to weigh it down as it dries. This vinyl has a wooly type backing and is eating the glue faster than I can put it down. Stupid space vinyl! The belting is looking good though, I've glued about half of it down so far! Pics soon!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm going to have to use a different glue than hot glue, mine doesn't seem to want to hold for very long.

The collar is a pain! I just played with some scraps of fabric and sometimes even paper before I finally got a shape that I liked.

PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously hate the collar right now, but it'll do for this weekend. I used snaps to attach it so once I get back I can sit down and work on it to get a shape I like. Dragon*Con awaits!
Akasha ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Padawans Guide they have it documented from someone who dressed the mannaquins at an exhibit, that the collar is a separate piece being held on with magnets.

"From talking with the person who dressed the mannequin at CIII, we know that the collar is attached to the body of the costume with magnets! She says that, "the magnets were sewn inside the hem -- both hems. They were small, round magnets, like battery size. Maybe set about one to two inches apart. Since they were totally inside the collar, I can't tell you how they were attached. The collar went underneath the main piece, and then folded back (does that make sense -- I'm not sure I can use words to explain this). The collar was totally separate from the main piece."

Maybe having it as a separate piece will work out better for you.

PatchworkPirate wrote:
Ugh the collar on this costume is so annoying! I just can't for the life of me make one that lays right. I have plenty of fabric left over, so after Dragon*Con I'll work on it some more. Right now it's fine as is, but as I'm a stickler for perfection it's bugging me. In other news, I'm using a similar method for the belting that Rachel used, but instead of hot glue I'm having to use a combination of fabric glue and gorilla glue and lots of heavy objects to weigh it down as it dries. This vinyl has a wooly type backing and is eating the glue faster than I can put it down. Stupid space vinyl! The belting is looking good though, I've glued about half of it down so far! Pics soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no worries it already is a separate piece. Like I said I used snaps to attach it. That's why I'm okay with reworking it once I'm back from Dragon*Con.
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me at least 3 times to get the collar right...that being said, might want to do an upgrade at some point, but it is ok for now...

PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my Mustafar Padme went out for a test spin this weekend at Dragon*Con, and well...my buckle broke. Of course it did. Lol. It can be fixed, but I've decided I'm just going to buy the metal set I found online. Next up is remaking the collar and adding snaps to that. Smile

All in all I call the costume a success. It survived a very busy night!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear your costume is a success! The first time I wore mine the broach broke! Crying or Very sad

PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to wear this costume again this weekend...Never got around to remaking the collar - it just kept annoying me - and now I've lost the scrap moleskin I had made the original out of. Uh oh. I think I can find more.

I ordered the metal buckle and broach over a month ago, but still haven't received it. I'm starting to worry since it was over 100 bucks Sad I didn't even have time to fix the tiny piece that broke on my Sculpey one. Eep! I swear one day I'll get this one submitted...but not until I'm happy with it. Rawr.
PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. Gosh. I just received an email with tracking info for the metal buckle and brooch (four and half months after I ordered it)... I almost don't want to get my hopes up but AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *happy dance*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: