About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=88f294e8b639311e898753829ee3bad8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Naboo Pilot costume!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

I took a bunch of detail photos at Star Wars in Concert (why I didn't take ACTUAL head-toe shots is beyond me), including the Padme Pilot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mianakenobi/sets/72157624235381534/with/4684264790/

All of these are without flash, but I don't think I used the correct white-balance, so most of them appear a bit more brown/yellowy.

Another option: can you find a leather paint/dye the color you want and paint your vest?

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
PilotPadme ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
Hmm.

I took a bunch of detail photos at Star Wars in Concert (why I didn't take ACTUAL head-toe shots is beyond me), including the Padme Pilot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mianakenobi/sets/72157624235381534/with/4684264790/

All of these are without flash, but I don't think I used the correct white-balance, so most of them appear a bit more brown/yellowy.

Another option: can you find a leather paint/dye the color you want and paint your vest?

Would leather dye work on pleather? I have no idea what kind of paint or dye would work on this. And even if it was possible, I still have to figure out how to achieve this mystery gray-blue-green color. Crying or Very sad
Zrissa (Linda Whitson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PilotPadme wrote:
Miana wrote:
Hmm...

Would leather dye work on pleather? I have no idea what kind of paint or dye would work on this. And even if it was possible, I still have to figure out how to achieve this mystery gray-blue-green color. Crying or Very sad

I checked with my husband Lon Mark, since he's the leatherworker in the family. He says the leather dyes won't work well at all on pleather; it's plastic, so the dye won't soak in as it does on leather, for one thing. He also said he can't think of anything that would dye pleather permanently.
Mosi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zrissa wrote:
PilotPadme wrote:
Miana wrote:
Hmm...

I checked with my husband Lon Mark, since he's the leatherworker in the family. He says the leather dyes won't work well at all on pleather; it's plastic, so the dye won't soak in as it does on leather, for one thing. He also said he can't think of anything that would dye pleather permanently.

I've used this stuff, and it works great! Maybe you can find a color that matches. http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/sealcoat.aspx

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/docs/SEMAerosolChart.pdf

I make the Padme arena shin guards BTW.
PilotPadme ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosi wrote:

I've used this stuff, and it works great! Maybe you can find a color that matches. http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/sealcoat.aspx

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/docs/SEMAerosolChart.pdf

I make the Padme arena shin guards BTW.

Ok I believe you, because those shin guards look AWESOME! Mr. Green

My grandma is helping me with the vest and we went ahead with the green color for now, but assuming we want to top that with the vinyl paint, what do y'all think looks closest? I'll probably buy 3 or 4 for sampling.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue mist with monteray might be a good option to achieve this mysterious color.

PilotPadme ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
The blue mist with monteray might be a good option to achieve this mysterious color.

Thanks! I am buying those online, along with "Thomas Bus Gray" to have a gray choice. I left all the fabric at my grandmother's but as soon as I can get those and the paint together, I'll do a few test swatches and hopefully I can find the mystery color mix. Smile
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
Hmm.

Love the pics!!!! great close-ups!! I was looking for that belt design, many thanks for sharing!

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
Furiafelina (Ineabelle Rodriguez)
Puerto Rico Base CO
Puerto Rico Base CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW.. nice progress!

Detachment Leader / Former Legion Costume Judge
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting this out there, but Claudio (Custom Props) makes some of the harder-to-make/find pieces:

http://www.custom-props.com/products/life-size.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=44

He made my Anakin glove and TIE Pilot flightsuit, and listens to 501st/RL members for input to make his stuff accurate.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PilotPadme ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme9055 wrote:
That is so cool! I love how it's coming out. Those gaunts look so pretty. Where did you get them?

Sorry I never answered this question initially, but JedHead reminded me of it. Claudio did make the unpainted gauntlets (I requested unpainted because I really wanted to try the textured spray paint!) He also made the entire belt set (belt, pouches, and buckle). I considered ordering the vest too but it was just too much $$ to spend at one time.

Probably won't make any progress on it this weekend as Grandma the master seamstress is busy Razz and the vinyl paint won't be here until next week. But my goal is to submit the costume by the end of the month!
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Matt gave me the link for the pilot boots (which btw Mosi is making for me for a Naboo N-1 pilot, just FYI if you ever want some), Kathy took some better photos of the front of the vest, which can help with color matching:

Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top was green, so I like to call my version of the costume 'color corrected Padmé'. I went with gray pleather and red pants for mine. The red is a bit too bright compared to the reference pictures.
I don't think Padmé's pants were like Typho, different fabric and maybe even color. I'd like to see her costume on exhibit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/Costumes/Pilot%20Padme/IMG_1323.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/?
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this digging through old photos. It's a photo of Padme's pilot from FIDM:

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo, Rachel!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: