About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=aefacd1233697f77a3dc252f8a433245Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hey There :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueSock (Jordan Goodson)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Some Pictures (What I have) Reply with quote

This is the Belt and Smartphone Pouch made for me by Civilized Galactic Gear. He really did an incredible job, and the color is exactly what I wanted.

These are the boots being made by Daniel in Peru, he said he will ship them at the end of this week. However though toe is different than what is shown, he now has created his closest version to-date versus the movie Obi boot pictured here:

Shown below is my Pouches/Food Capsules from Costumebase, and the Covertec clips I got from Ebay:

Now here are my Lightsabers:

Exalted, Blue LED (no sound), dueling saber - Saberforge:

Fury, Green LED (no sound), stunt saber - Vader's Vault

Homemade Lightsaber (no sound, or LED) - Home Depot

Both of the sabers will be arriving this week, the Tunics next week, and the boots likely the week after (currently I have the cheap pleather ones you can get for $50).

Thanks for looking Smile.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ... my ... gosh ... That belt and pouch are SO BEAUTIFUL! I would give anything for a set like that! You are obviously investing a lot in this costume. I hope by next year I can upgrade my belt and get a phone pouch like that.

Your costume is going to be a sight to behold! Way better than mine for sure. Wink

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooooooooh, I like them!
Dark Radiance ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its beginning to come together.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed; I would love to see the cloak too! That's always one of my favorite parts. When the cloak is done right, it pulls everything together. Judging by what you already have, your ensemble is going to be amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my Lightsabers arrived!

But I have a couple questions/request.

On the Saberforge -

1. It is missing the Covertec Knob I ordered with it. Just in case I ordered some of those so I have them, but do not know how to install it.

2. The hole that the screw goes in to hold the blade is not drilled all the way through, and there is no screw. Know what I need to get for that?

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated Smile
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking for the actual covertech clip that attaches to the belt? Because I have an extra clip if you need one. As far as the mounting process, I don't know anything about that; I imagine you would need some intense tools for that. But what do I know? My speciality is in fabrics, not hardware. I'm sure there must be somebody here who can help.

Edit: I just saw your other thread and see that you have the clip - glad to hear. Just hope somebody in the area knows a good sabersmith! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found some tutorials, but I have never done any work like this before, nor do I have the tools to do so.

Are there any Sabersmiths in Rogue Base that could help me?

For both sabers it looks like I need to drill two holes/thread tap them, then simply screw in the Covertec Knobs.

For the Saberforge Lightsaber, the hole that a screw goes in and holds the blade in place is not cut all the way through, and I do not have a screw for that. I will need help doing that, and finding the right sized screw.

Would really appreciate anyone that can help. I have the option to mail back the Saberforge to get it fixed, but I am afraid it will be long past Halloween with their current order load, and I am not to keen on paying shipping for their mistake.
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saberforge has had some really negative reviews on here that I've seen. You might try looking at various local metal workers and seeing if anyone there could help. I'm don't know any local sabersmiths off the top of my head, but I could be wrong.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck dude? I looked around but didn't find anything, but i'm all the way down in Provo so it's just as well. Any progress on the rest of your costume?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will be able to find a metal smith easy enough. in the meantime I have a solution to carry it on my belt.

Next week my boots will arrive! But I still have not received my tunics.

Rather frustrated in that case. A month ago she said she was working on them that weekend and would ship them the following weekend. Never received that shipment. After sending some emails with no response I found her on facebook and messaged her there. She responded saying she was really busy with her Halloween orders and would ship them over the next couple of days (that was the beginning of last week).

Sent a follow-up facebook message, but have not gotten a response. Sadly it does not look promising to get them this week in time for the Geex expo. I just hope she will send them before Halloween.

More than anything I just want some communication.

Everything else is coming together great though!

Last edited by RogueSock (Jordan Goodson) on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man that sucks, I hope she surprises you by sending it quick! At least your boots are almost here. We gotta represent dude, we need more sweet Jedi costumes here!

LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your seamstress falls through, give me a message. I can't promise by halloween at this point, and not by geex, but I may have a spare you can borrow as a hold over as well
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eva is on the boards here as well if she's not responding on FB/via email.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1895

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope she does not fall through, have paid her a lot.

Thank you for your offer, may take you up on that.

I am considering sending her a PM on here atm. My concern is gettinng her annoyed and paying the price. I don't know her at all, she seems to be well liked, and so does her work.

Two promised shipping times, no shipments usually = ah crap.

Bleh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: