About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=16f0df8e30055d3cbe06b3fa30dfcbdfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Andy Stobb's answers to Q & A

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base -> Elstree Base Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Andy Stobb's answers to Q & A Reply with quote

This thread is for Andy's responses to any questions.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Viper P.D (Andy Stobbs)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to say I think it is disappointing that the questions have not come from RAID members. However lets get things into perspective, that when you only have 5 infantry members in a base you are not going to have alot of response.

I would also have liked our current DCO to have had first crack of the whip at answering.

Anyway on to the questions:

The SU77 detachment area on the UK forum hadn't been touched for nearly two years. What are your plans/ideas to give the detatchment the kick up the backside that it needs?

I have always posted in the detachment forums when it has been relevant to do so. I am probably the only non-command staff member to have started a post in the section. But being a RAID detachment isn't all about posting in that section of the forum. It's more important about posting in the outer forum as that is the only way to promote to the greater legion. Looking at the RAID section here you will see that it, considering the greater membership of the whole Legion, has been little better. Openly showing enthusiasm for your costume is the important thing.

Why did you choose an RFT costume?

From that opening scene in 'A new hope' I think the Fleet Trooper is as iconic as the Stormtrooper. How great was it to find out it was one of the easier costumes to replicate. I love my RFT, it is my only Rebel costume, I am proud to be a RAID trooper.

Why do you want to be DCO and what do you think you can bring to the role? How have you displayed the qualities needed?

I think it is important to encourage Legion members to play a larger role within the bases. I do not believe that it is in the best interest of the club for command staff to grab as many titles as 'trophies'. I have been openly enthusiastic towards new members showing interest in my costume and have in the past made myself available to meet perspective troopers to offer advice as was the case with our last fleet trooper to enter service. Lets remember RAID isn't all about the RFT. I am pleased to see we now have 2 Endor commandos at the base. Shadow 77 should be seen to be supporting all RAID troopers.

How would you nurture new recruits and encourage people to make an RFT?

I don't believe in this idea of 'wait to see my new secret costume'. When I produced mine I posted every stage and purchase. That's what new members want to see.

How would you promote RFT (and of course RL!) to new people/non-members and can you give examples of how you've done this already?

Think this is a repeat question. Be proud to be Infantry. Get the photos up and offer support when it is asked for. Maybe we as a Base should spend more time promoting what we do on these forums and not hide in our own bubble! That way our new RAID troopers would see the wealth of help and advice that is on hand here.

Infantry at Elstree base has grown as steadily as all other areas of original trilogy costuming. I wish non-infantry would stop knocking us for not doing enough. We do our bit and we are proud of what we do. GO RAID - Lets go kick some Imperial ase!

AND.Y-5T0885 SHADOW UNIT 77
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Elstree Base -> Elstree Base Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: