About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=16022d9b433965a2a5cb23799fa8f3a1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blaster ideas for Okami Dai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lichtbringer ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Blaster ideas for Okami Dai Reply with quote

Okami Dai wrote:
Ja, perfekte Arbeit, wie von dir gewohnt!

Frage: Ich habe da so eine Idee im Kopf - einen DL-44 mit verkürztem Lauf aber originalem Flashhider, evtl ohne Scope. Soll so eine Schmugglerwaffe zum "verdeckten" Tragen in einem Brustholster werden.
Könntest du mit deinen Teilen sowas mal "darstellen", also nur auflegen o.ä., um einen Eindruck von der Optik zu kriegen?

Perfect work, as known from you already!

Question: .....Wait until you (hopefully) can see what I asked Lichtbringer to do...

So, mein Freund, ich habe mal wie gewünscht etwas mit deiner Idee gespielt. Wink

Well my friend, as requested i toyed a little bit around with your idea and my part boxes - here is a DL-44, modified to be smaller and capable of been carried in a shoulder or thorax holster under a jacket.

Completly without any scope

And with scope, imho that´s more "starwarsy" (would look better after milling the top receiver a little bit down

Of course the details can always be varied

And a view from the front.

I hope it is in the direction of your thoughts?

Have a nice day,
Michael
Reaper (Ed)
Legion Legacy Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, gives sort of a Merr Son Power 5 look, but very sweet.

great work!

Blackstar Squadron
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ed. Smile

Seeing you mentioning the MerrSonn .... i made some MerrSonn parts for a imperial pilot (Benji/Moonwalker), he used them to build a sweet Power5 variant.

(I´m sure he is OK with me posting them)

Have a nice day,
Michael
Reaper (Ed)
Legion Legacy Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice weapon!!!

Blackstar Squadron
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late reply...

Yes, that´s exactly what I had in mind! It looks more "handy" to me than the normal DL-44.
Thank you very much for your work, Lichtbringer!

And you´re right, the scope adds a better "starwarsiness", but for a "hidden" (it will always be too large for a real hidden weapon) blaster it is too large, imho.
Do you maybe have an idea for a smaller scope?
BTW, what use is a scope for a weapon that is used at a distance of. max. 20 - 30m? I don´t know the exact technical data, but in the movies they never shoot at higher distances...
But that happens when you try to use "logic" for a movie - shame on me!
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You´re welcome.

Sorry, no - that are the smallest scopes that come in my mind. Off course i could cut a smaller but longer scope to a wanted/needed length - but not for some test-pics. Wink

Maybe to improve night vision? All we´ve seen in the movies was "shoot and run", not really precise fire with aiming through the scopes.

Have a nice day,
Michael
Twitch (Jagen Ordo)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, "logic". Defined as the chain of reasoning. We have dismissed that claim.

Yes, at such short distances, a scope is worth nothing.
That's why my weapons don't have scopes.
Then again, no sane person would put a scope on a shotgun.

"Dat is die richtige Einstellung. Denn wenn dat net klappt beschleunigst Du op Lichtjeschwindigkeit!"
- Darth Vader
Reaper (Ed)
Legion Legacy Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitch wrote:
Then again, no sane person would put a scope on a shotgun.

I would, Using my Remington with a rifled barrel and Sabot Slugs, I can got a nice long range accurate shot (not sniper accurate, but still worth the scope) Especially with a nice 3 inch Magnum load in it. Smile

Blackstar Squadron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: