About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bdbc021738842db9c4748f02e8efcc23Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wookie in Ga.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Wookie in Ga. Reply with quote

So For about 10 weeks I have been killing my hands and back with a very large weave as my friends would put it. This past weekend I have decided to finally make a thread and share.

So 13 hours of my weekend has been - fiberglass under skull , Dragon Skin, Making teeth, and finally putting the Droid Hunt together.

I get a little carried away with things but here is my wookie face, I need to add some color to the lips. Not bad for a first attempt. I'm already thinking about mask number two after D*C.

So I sculpted the face using ANH Chewie. I like that one the best.

OK so be kind, its been awhile since my Balrog days and I'm going on thread/forum/ advise from others.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Do you have any other pics?
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, I have to finish the gray on the shirt, and then trim/brush the darn thing.

I should have pics this week sometime, its crunch time for dragon Con.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheNegotiator (Derek Struchtemeyer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Gayle! Very Happy
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good so far. One thing I would suggest is making a forehead that is higher than your own head. The real Chewbacca masks had a 4 inch higher forehead than Peter Mayhews actual head. Once the hair is applied its too late to make adjustments to the skull. If you are making a Wookiee warrior then the mask can be pretty much custom. All of us wookiees know the insane amount of time and effort to make a wookiee so we all like to help along the way for the best final outcome. Good luck ...

Chewy Layers snow to print
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be making the addition soon. Thanks for the observation.

Last edited by Lady (Gayle Klar) on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is a picture of my sculpt for the underskull - base for the Dragon Skill mold and another of just the mask.

Good thing my hair dresser has volunteered her time and shop to help Chewie get a cut and trim. Maybe a perm. LOL

FEFFRock ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just looks so happy.
Nice job, I'm almost to the point of needing to worry about making the mask.
Lady (Gayle Klar)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after WEEKS of work. its done.
I need to play with the mask some more. but the humidity and wind in Savannah,GA was not helping my lovely locks of hair. Smile This has been a challenge. Will I make another one? Maybe after I recover and clean my house and the fiancee's, there is wookie hair everywhere. Everywhere. I have even manged to track some to work.

Can't wait for Dragon Con.

I know the bandolier is on the wrong shoulder. Its was just a quick shot before packing him up for next weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: