About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8d680da7464b4ea4885fd387578930c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Vest Supplier?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Squadron Leader ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Han Vest Supplier? Reply with quote

Is there a good supplier out there for Han Solo vests?
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Costume Base and other ones on ebay, but it is really easy to modify a BDU jacket.

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blue Squadron Leader ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Anyone know this guy? Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this guy before? I'm not sure how I feel about such a good deal... http://www.cosplay-costume.com/star-wars-han-solo-vest-shirt-cosplay-costume-p-1210.html
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about quality, but the vest looks ok to me. All the important features are there. The shirt... like many of the ANH shirst for sale... still seem too white to me, but thats a preference of mine.

If you get these items, give us an update with follow up pictures so we are more informed to help others.

Thanks...

Bob
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pants look pretty good. Have you asked if they include the riding seem and pintucks?
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, they look very similar to the Cosplaysky costume pants that I just got. Not sure about the quality on these, but the Cosplaysky ones cost $20 less...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know this guy? Reply with quote

Blue Squadron Leader wrote:
Has anyone seen this guy before? I'm not sure how I feel about such a good deal... http://www.cosplay-costume.com/star-wars-han-solo-vest-shirt-cosplay-costume-p-1210.html

Hey, aren't those KayDee's pictures from her webpage? Confused

http://kay-dee.net/costumes/han/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are hers....she needs to watermark her work to stop people from using her images.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang it, they are doing it again!!!! I should NOT have to go and redo my web site with water marks. These people are so dishonest and frustrating Sad

At least when it was ebay then ebay removed the images.

I sent a pretty angry e-mail and tried to post a review, but they probably won't let my review go through.

This sucks, I don't want to spend an entire day redoing my web site with watermarks... and how will it help for people like lolita cosplay who already stole them.

If their stuff is so great, why are the not photographing their own work and posting it? SHAME ON THEM! I spent weeks on that Han costume, and it is made of very high quality cotton fabrics, not cheap-o stuff I'm sure they use if they can sell theirs for only 75 bucks. Buyer beware on this stuff.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I can tell you, those are my pants too (ones I made for my husband) and they are far better than Cosplay pants. Made of deep blue heavy duty brushed denim - yadda yadda. Sorry, not trying to say I'm better than Cosplay - but I know what fabrics I used and how much time I spent on these darn pants. LOL!

Fabric alone for the Han pants I made probably cost me over about 10 bucks or more. And with the hours I spent embroidering the blood stripes alone, not to mention actually making the pants - I can't compete with a cosplay sweat shop. I easily spent a good 25-40 hours on those pants from start to finish. So I just can't really do commissions on a regular basis because I will make more working no brainer cash register work at McDonald's. I tend to try to fit things in for local friends if I have free time. (and just ask those friends who keep waiting patiently for me to get to their stuff!) Because I don't make squat for my time. For me to make at least minimum wage on the Han pants, I'd need to charge at least 240 dollars to 300 dollars and that does not include the materials. Just being totally honest for a moment, so that people can understand why it is hard to get commission work in the US from people who really take time to make things well, hand finish off and press things and trim things properly and fit them as they go.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the follow up on that Kay_Dee.

Yeah, I would put these guys as a no way in He double hockey sticks. To stoop so low as to take photos from someone elses site... is way beyound a vendor I would go with.

Good eyes everyone!

Bob
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scratch them off the list!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they might make OK stuff, would just be super if they showed photos of their own work, not mine.

If they don't remove my photos soon, I may dangle the carrot of "Look, I'm part of the biggest Hero Star Wars costume club with people looking for Han Solo costume makers - you could get some great business if you change your photos around to show your own work. For now, our members want to avoid you because you are not showing any of your own work and it makes them very suspicious."

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
RunAmuk (Scott Muchow)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just did a WHOIS search on that domain and everything is registered in Shanghai China. So, we have no recourse other than to not buy and let everyone else know. I even sent them an email to that effect but I don't expect a response.

Now where is that vendor blacklist we all need?
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if they are unethical enough to take someone else's pictures of something and try to pass it off as their own, then no matter what they should be blacklisted. It's not like they are selling a standard product from a manufacturer; this is a unique garment where there are all kinds of variables that can affect the quality and accuracy of the item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: