Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d912d6befe5d2439c23cbcfb1e3e5eaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Ep II Fireside Brooch Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurisuchie2kimi (Kristie)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Padme Ep II Fireside Brooch Help? Reply with quote

Hey everyone Smile I'm new here, yay me!

My name's Kristie, and i'm starting out my first Padme costume, woohoo! I've decided on the Fireside Corset from Ep II, and for the most part it's going pretty good, but i'm starting to get close to making the brooch/scarf/necklace combo and i'm not really sure how to make a good brooch that will stay together properly!

I've read over BenaeQuee's site showing her progress with her version, and it's the look I want to get, but i'm not sure where to start...Does anyone have any helpful hints or tips for this newbie costumer? Embarassed

Thanks a bunch!!!
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pretty side of the force! Amadalia

This costume is somewhat difficult to do for a first time costumer, but i wish you much luck in completing it, it is a beautiful costume.
You can find a lot of helpful hints if you go to www.padawansguide.com
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done this yet, but Benae's pictures are the easiest guide I've seen out there. There's not a whole lot else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Thanks, Sandy, though Padawans Guide is actually my home page so i've frequented there very often haha Smile

Dang okay, thanks Rachel Smile
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite costumes. I have made 4 of them.
On the broach, start collecting your bead supplies, get a nice small embroidery hoop, some Water Soluble Stabilizer to sketch your pattern on, some mono-filament fishing line or clear beading cord to sew your beads on with, a stand of some sort to hang your long stands for the tabbard part, lots of patience and time. I also use a very heavy weight stabilizer inside the broach part for stability so it keeps it shape.

Also refer to this thread for some great pictures and help:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10487
https://picasaweb.google.com/Ladyghost4459/P7Accesorio?authkey=Gv1sRgCLH25bK66uPyigE

Queen Amadala did a really lovely job on hers.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Ladyghost4459/P7Accesorio?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLH25bK66uPyigE&feat=directlink

Last edited by Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles) on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Denise Smile Those tips and that thread will come in handy!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

queen.amidala (Rebeca Jacqueline Ales) Did the work in those pictures. She did such a good job, I always refer others to her work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, wow those are great Very Happy I hope mine turns out half as good as that!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my work:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1156650805464.2023397.1503544214&l=becd58842b&type=1
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a wonderful diagram, thanks for posting it!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being part of a costumers forum it is important to share our finds and exceptional works we have seen with others. Props again to Queen Amadala for being one of the first ones to share her work with us. The others who have also followed suit have helped inspire and help new members and keep us older ones interested.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For mine I used the diagram above as a guide and actually sewed them onto black shiny fabric so that if any of it showed through a little it wouldn't be noticeable at a normal distance. After it was completely beaded I cut the fabric about 2 inches from the edges of the beading and cut a leather disk the same size as the beading. I wrapped the fabric around the leather and glued it all in place with a strong fabric/craft glue making sure the leather perfectly lined up with the beading - this way it was stiff enough to stand up the way it is supposed to. I used a suggestion from Benae Quee on a (sadly) defunct site to make the choker a front closure (mine is made from a piece of velvet sewn into a wide tube and held on with a center snap. The velvet held the rows of beading nicely, looks rich itself and is soft enough on my neck that it doesn't hurt to wear for hours like my version 1 did. The dangling strands are all tied/sewn to the bottom edge of the choker (mostly through eyelets) and the brooch had sewn on snaps on the back that secure it onto the choker over the closure to hide both the big snap holding my necklace on and the places where the beads connect to the choker. This way there is no visible closure on the whole piece and I can clean each section separately (good for the choker as it can get hot and sweaty after a long troop.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: