About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d004b2b198ee95f9dc7fc206d5d71712Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lando costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Lando costume Reply with quote

I have a new potential member who wishes to persue a Lando costume. Are there any tutorials or anything that could assist him in making the ESB Bespin costume? I realize that there are only two active members who actually have this costume approved and that is it, which makes it difficult to get help for him with this. Any assistance would be great. Thanks!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it helps, but you might try and track down the costume designer (Corey Sosner) from this fake trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc7_KpPRyBs

The costumes are dead on, so he might be able to point you in the right direction...
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a few reference pics for Lando in the Fringe section:

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/Fringe/Lando%20Calrissian/
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also want to contact Phyliss on this. I know she was working on a Lando at a local level.

She may have a bit more info and documentation.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JaclynGFC (Jaclyn Duhe)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asked to help with Dagobah's soon-to-be Lando, specifically the cape. And I so do love his ESB cape! It's actually a very interesting problem and I can't wait to get started on a prototype, designing the pattern and calculating yardage. I actually started working on the initial patterning tonight. I will be making a couple of small scale prototypes to make sure my ratios are correct, but I am blogging about my journey through the design and construction processes. (if anyone is interested in the blog, it's linked in the Dagobah section. I'd rather not blog spam).

Essentially, the cape is too full to be a simple half circle cape. It is also too long. This will require the use of 4 roughly trapezoidal pieces to get the general shape. I am working right now based on the fabric width of the proposed lining (44 inches), so I may add three trianglular pieces in the seams to increase the bottom:top ratio. This could result in the cape being well over 200 inches along the bottom! That would make for one very sweet and very full cape!

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very new to costuming and eve newer to RL but if I had to do a face character I would probably do Land. How did this project fair?
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still a work in progress
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Lando costume Reply with quote

Is there a pattern for the cape? It is a circle but seing it on screen shows no seams for it to be made in secions. I am doing this for one of our members and trying to figure out what to do with amount of fabric etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: