About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0c245000ac31bfc800ffe5468418b8a7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH - Han Solos Greedo Killer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lichtbringer ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: ANH - Han Solos Greedo Killer Reply with quote

As a explanation - this is my old build thread from the RPF. I copied and pasted it to make it easier available for anyone here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest - the GK is not my most prefered version of the DL-44 Blaster. But as it is part of the history of Solo´s Blasters, i need to have one. Wink

As mentioned in my ANH-Hero thread http://www.therpf.com/f9/anh-hero-buildup-mgc-real-hensoldt-104056/ , i have now a leftover Denix - and decided to use it for this build.

Formerly it was the ANH-Blaster from my other buildup thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/han-solo-esb-anh-all-metal-blasters-step-step-92790/

Since some weeks i´m collecting the parts that are needed for this version.

I got this superb cast scope from Tony´s (Adamata) last run:

Then i scored these scoperings with the searching help of Marcus (Kurtyboy):

And one week ago this baby arrived from out member thawn_es:

I already had made the discs on my lathe:

On the pic they are blackend with Birchwood Aluminium Black, that gives them a interesting nice vintage look:

But when finished they will be painted black, of course.

Have a nice day,
Michael

Last edited by Lichtbringer () on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days ago, after finishing the Hero with the MGC-Mauser, i started the work on the GK with the now leftover Denix body.

First i made the bar:

Then i took the Denix, and marked the needed holes according to the bar.
A center drill was inserted in the drill-press:

And it was used to drill the feed holes:

Next the holes were drilled to the core diameter for tapping.

Ignore the bigger holes - they are from the former buildup as a ANH-Hero. And they will be completly covered when the new scopemount is assembled. The one on the front will be used for fastening, too - it just needs a big shim and a nut inside the magazine.

Next step is tapping the holes:

Followed with marking and drilling the flat alu-sheet piece:

Checking the fit:

I think i can give it a go:

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marking the cutout, and drilling it´s edge with many small holes - not to far from the edge to keep the amount of filing low, but not to close to ensure a wandering drill does not hurt the outline:

Break/saw the cut part out:

And file it in shape:

Then the L-profile was cut, drilled and bolted on the lower part:

Again the shape was marked:

The process of drilling many small holes got a variation on this part. I placed 3 big holes in the corners, and then the small ones between them - that makes it easier to get the wanted smooth curve.

Painted and test-mounted:

It would have been easier to have the parts machined, but a to perfect shape looks wrong in my eyes - they slapped the parts together in a hurry, a slighly uneven finish matches better. That´s why i did them from hand, with a halfround file.

Arranged with the goodies:

The grill is a resin one from Vince/Corellian Exports - sooner or later it will be replaced with a milled metal one.

Next i need to do is filling, sanding, painting the scope. And turning a adapter for the flash-hider on the lathe.

And i would appreciate every help i can get to find out which rail was/can be used to mount the scope-rings.

Anyone a idea where to find a real scope?

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i had some time to work on it, so i started on the adapter for the Flash-Hider:

The bigger side slips inside the M9:

And the end with the smaller diameter sticks through and simulates the Mauser barrel:

Next it got a 5mm feed hole:

In the frontpart i will keep the 5mm dia, as it looks better for a blaster than the big opening of a real Mauser:

I drilled the back with a 10mm drill, and turned it to the needed inner diameter:

Sawing the back crosswise:

I did this cause i don´t wanted to glue it on the Denix - maybe i decide one day to swap the build to a MGC. With the slots i can use the original fastening mechanism of the flash-hider (and release it again if needed):

Testing the fit of the adapter:

Preparing the surface:

Always know what you do - getting in the chuck with your fingers/hand when it turns is not funny. Be carefull.

It got some black paint:

Placed in the flash-hider:

And mounted on the Denix:

And a view from the front:

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional, as you can see on the last pic in the above post, i mounted the grill. It is glued with 5 minutes epoxy, i hope it will stay in place.

Not to forget at a GK: Drilling a tiny hole and screw a M2 bolt in it:

Painting the bolt black, too ..... and turn it in the hole:

That´s it´s status atm:

I started preparing the scope a little bit, too - but before i could take some pics the batteries of my cam gave up. Need to be recharged now.

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the scope today - filling, sanding, silver paint, black paint, then weathering to get a slight wear:

I´m not so good at waiting Wink, so i grabbed a piece of alu-profile, sawed and filed it into the rough shape:

Sawed and filed the 2 needed slots, and drilled and tapered 2 holes:

With this provisoric rail i was able to mount the scope today Very Happy :

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the weathering with some scratches and general wear:

Compared to the other variants this model is a really big whopper :ohbaby - i completly understand why Solo changed it to his ESB variant, that is much more comfortable to handle in daily use. :cool

Have a nice day,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: