About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=110d10fab6b4c07974574f906653a62dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leias Blaster - the DDC Defender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lichtbringer ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Leias Blaster - the DDC Defender Reply with quote

We all know this extraordinary fine piece of greatly honed skills, the Master Replica. Covered under a huge amount of high quality paint. :ohwell

You may have noticed, i´m not the typical MR customer, who might be happy with their products (to be honest, i never was with any of the items i had, could hold and inspect). But as this is next to the only game in town ...... well, yeah..... it´s better than most/any of the resin-kits i know.

It was a long and hard journey, but today this arrived:

I was feeling as a child on chrismas Eve when opening it Cool

Again the same game as with the Ruger (for Greedos blaster), it is next to impossible to find a deactivated one - i assume these small .22 target guns are "not cool enough" to be decorative for non-shooters. If you have a permission to have them, you can grab these guns dead cheap, under 100€/150$ - if not you have to add additional 300€/450$ for machining/disabling + control and governmental stamping to be a official deactivated gun.

It´s a beauty, great condition.

Atm i´m thinking to make it the Endor version, and keep the MR as ANH version

Damn, you can bet i´m a happy Licht. Very Happy

More to follow as soon as i make progress on it. Smile

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, this thread was quiet for over one year. Surprised

But nothing that had been started is ever really forgotten. Laughing

Today i decided to start working on this blaster again - i machined the flashhider and parted it from the round alu rod

Then it was chucked again (the paper saves the ready surface from marks when tightening the chuck), to machine the other end:

I threaded the end, and tapped the pistols barrel

Not that bad

Having enough free time today, i decided to make the grill, too.

With my mill still out of order i wasn´t able to mill the grill, so i had no chance to finish it, just sliding it on the barrel for the pic

Thanks for watching. Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Michael
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it only took another year to get the next step made. Very Happy

Milled the cutouts

Then some Birchwood Alu Black, followed by semigloss black

Preparing the bumpons

And with glued bumpons

For the moment i call it "done"

When i get the bigger version of the adjustment screw of the rear sight (the disc shaped one) i will change that.

What i´m still unsure about is the grill - i ordered a box of real parts, but they are plastic, off course. Not sure if i will leave it alu but replica, or use the real but plastic ones later. Neutral

Have a nice day,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: