About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=853673dda00e657ac87b7da63eb46ab4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wegmans Star Wars Promotions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltcmdrtom@aol.com (Tom Kuntz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm A Corporate Merchandiser for Wegmans  & an Echo Baser.

I have a possible opportunity  for you all. While participating in the TRU midnight Madness here in Rochester Ny, I was approached by a Wegmans co-worker from our Marketing Department.

Wegmans is focusing on Star Wars for a huge corporate event 4/24-5/21. So This Co-worker wanted to know who she should contact to possible have costumed characters at some events  in our different stores.  I gave her links  to contact Ed (Reaper)  and or Katie (Hothgirl)

Wegmans has 66 Supermarkets in NY, PA, NJ, MD & DC. 

Here's  how this would work.

Wegmans Marketing will include links to contact Reaper & HothGirl in their promotional packets to the Store Managers & the Merchandise Managers.  It would be up to the Store & Merchandising managers , IF they choose  to do an event in their store location, to contact Reaper or HothGirl to be put in contact with the appropriate group to their location (Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Southern Tier, Erie, Williamsport, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, State College,  Allentown, New Jersey, Dulles, Fairfax & so on (You get the Idea)) .

From there It would be up to the local club to work out the details with that individual store. (time, place, recruiting table, compensation, etc...)

Now There's no guarantee that any store manager will be interested  enough to contact  Reaper or HothGirl but  we just  wanted to put   it out there for them as an opportunity to create a really  cool event  for their store.

And Like Me, I figured most  E.B.'ers love anyexcuse  to get into thier Garb

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cyranodb (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

We need an excuse??
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

Thanks Tom!  I'll let you know if anyone gets in contact with me. 
Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

same here. Good thinking Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

I hope something comes of it,  but again  we may hear nothing. But If it does....COOL!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

Actually Tom -  I just got two emails from Rochester area Wegman's this morning that are very interested in us appearing. 

I made a post on the Rebellion forum and will be posting here as soon.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

Just a quick  update, members of the Rochester Rebellion will be making 2 seprate apperances at 2  rochester area Wegmasn this weekend. We'll post photos soon after.

Oh  Yea  we'll also be sharing fan space at the Premier  of The Hitchikers Guide this friday night at the Rochester Tinseltown

Man it'll be a busy weekend!!!!!!!![

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

We did 3 Wegmans events in 2 days and it was a lot of fun. Definitely made for a busy weekend though - but still fun.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Wegmans Star Wars Promotions Reply with quote

DocBev Was able to get the 1st of the pics form this event up, These are from the Holt Road Wegmans inRochester Ny

http://www.rochesterfandom.com./modules.php?set_albumName=album29&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Edit:  pics from all three events are now posted

This one is my favorite, talk about product placement....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: