About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6f0dc2230be0574456728e605ecfff39Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Contagion: Outbreak! June 10-12, Omaha NE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)
 25 slots left to register.
 (0)
 30 slots left to register.
 (0)
 30 slots left to register.
User Registered Confirmed
dawmer299Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 am
gandalfbmgWed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 pm
MasterbeanWed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm
wampameatThu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 pm
Anakin Skywalker KTSat Jun 04, 2011 1:32 pm
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
thanks for the link. I480/US 6 does cross the river, according to that link it's the Grenville Dodge Memorial Bridge/Gerald R. Ford Freeway. The Wiki link doesn't mention anything about a toll...so, just parking needs to be figured out. So, does the convention center not have any parking?

Edit: I went to the convention center's website and found out. If the lots are in operation, it's $8: http://www.qwestcenter.com/Directionsparking.aspx

Yeah I'd feel a lot better if someone in the know told us which lots are in play or not, because there's another show going on at the center that weekend and I'm worried they'll only let people from one or the other park in certain places...

Just come stay at the Hilton with us, and walk across the skywalk Wink

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:

are you offering a spot on your floor? Laughing
I ended up picking up a hotel across the river and through the woods cause it was the right price, free: At some point, I ended up picking up some membership points for some hotel chain...I say at some point, because I honestly have no idea how I came by these points. Anywho...I had enough for two free nights at the Country Inn in Council Bluffs. It's only a couple miles away...but that means I'd have to drive to the convention center.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:

are you offering a spot on your floor? Laughing
I ended up picking up a hotel across the river and through the woods cause it was the right price, free: At some point, I ended up picking up some membership points for some hotel chain...I say at some point, because I honestly have no idea how I came by these points. Anywho...I had enough for two free nights at the Country Inn in Council Bluffs. It's only a couple miles away...but that means I'd have to drive to the convention center.

eh, the wife wouldn't like squaters in our room. We have to do the 'fancy' hotel as payment for the fact that I get to go to the Jewel Staite thing and she doesn't, so while she's left behind she wants to be left behind in comfort... I think she would resent having to share... They DO have suites with mutliple bedrooms, but it's still like $100 each room, which doesn't compare to FREE; I don't blame you, but figured I'd put it out there...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the parking lots are open to anyone for any event. But I can double check that.

Unfortunately, the parking fee is something that is non-negotiable with the city/Qwest Center Omaha.

There are definitely no tolls across the 3 main bridges - 680, 480/US 6, and 80, so no worries there.
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Parking at the Qwest Center is $8 a day I believe. If you dont mind walking a few blocks, you can find free parking but it fills up pretty quick. There are two festivals that are also going on at the same time so parking will be hard to find. Some of the hotels are running shuttles so be sure to check with your hotel. The only toll bridge left is the Bellevue Bridge. Neither of you should have to cross there.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright...so I'm a go for this, is it just going to be the four of us to man the booth?
is it a joint booth with the 501st?
um...that's all for now
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
alright...so I'm a go for this, is it just going to be the four of us to man the booth?
is it a joint booth with the 501st?
um...that's all for now

Sarah (gswookie) is going to be there too with me, and she'll help;we usually take turns wandering while the other works the table.

Just found out another member from down here is coming up. He's 'mostly 501st' so not sure if he's bringing one of his RL costumes or not; I can try and nudge him to help out if he is...

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's cool, I'm planning on wearing my RL hockey jersey while I'm at the booth. My Obi-Wan is a little beat up so I'm trying to use it sparingly right now.
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad E. is working on a tentative schedule. If everything works out, we have the booth manned with at least 1 person the entire time. We are next to the 501st so there will people around at all times.
GsWookie (Sarah German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Just wanted to say I had fun last weekend. We'll be back next year for sure and hopefully will bring some friends along. Wink

I met lots of new ppl and saw lots of cool stuff. Good job Shipman! Smile

And yes I was a little depressed that bart got a date w/ jewel staite w/o me but i ended up having a good time w/o him. ha! Still, for next year can we do dinner or 'after-party' in someone's room or something?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good time, it was a great idea and I wish you guys lots of luck for next year's con.
It's up in the air about whether or not I'll be able to make next year, with CVI going on and all. But I will try.
I do have some input as far as how things went from a guest perspective if you guys are willing to hear.
I would suggest you do something on the main site, ask for critique/reviews. You could do something as simple as a questionaire with specific questions and a rating of like 1-4 and then a spot for comments. Or whatever, but I would suggest something. You do want to know what the attendee's thought of the con, good and bad. You can't make it better if you don't know what people want and didn't like. Wink
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, next year will be interesting, with CIV saving going on too. I've been mulling a lot of feedback, but I want to say on a positive note: My biggest comparison point is Planet Comicon (since I've been going every year for like 7 years), but I think you guys blew them away on SO many fronts. I really hope it was successful enough (to the 'folks upstairs') to warrant another shot, because the 'by fans for fans' apsect of the show was really apparent and a refreshing change from what I'm used to (again PCC).

sandtrooperscout (Mark Tomasello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great seeing you all again....Brian, Bart, Sarah! I'm glad you could make it down! Plus it was great trooping as a Rebel Legion member again too! A great event, from front to back!

dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much guys! I'm glad everyone had fun. I'm sorry I didn't get much of a chance to socialize more. I'm still recovering for it. Smile

We plan to get a survey type thing out but not sure when that will happen. If you have thoughts, comments, suggestions, good or bad, please feel feel to send them on in. info@contagionoutbreak.com

Early June next year is penciled in so be on the look out. We'll get the date nailed down and we'll let you know as soon as it is officially announced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: