About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a423417fd23ddab3b02d4b61e2850831Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

What would Chewie disguised as Snoova be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob I'll show her this. She's AWSOME with tools and doing stuff, much better than me actually but doesn't get into the costuming thing much she just humors me. Since I'll be down range I'm trying to do all the research and find the resources for her before I take off.

I smuggle anything but slaves
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tig West wrote:
Thanks Bob I'll show her this. She's AWSOME with tools and doing stuff, much better than me actually but doesn't get into the costuming thing much she just humors me. Since I'll be down range I'm trying to do all the research and find the resources for her before I take off.

So your not wearing the bloodstripes in the household? Laughing

I kid... I kid...

Bob
Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool idea. I'd like to try this, but I doubt I will. lol

Good luck down range. Depending on your job, your spare time will vary. My wife had some spare time when she was in Mosul. Enough for her to play World of Warcraft with me while I was in Germany. Very Happy
Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I'm heading to Afghanistan, but I have no idea on the amount of internet capability I'll have.

Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Snoova action figure/template in the mail today. Dance Chewie

Just hope I can put a real dent in the fur suit before I take off. I have dragged so much butt on this project without a deadline and now I have C6 but due to the deployment I've seriously have so little time Aaarrrggghhh!!

Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you all tackle Snoova's gear? His armor, his monocle, his blaster and his vibro ax.

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tig West wrote:
How would you all tackle Snoova's gear? His armor, his monocle, his blaster and his vibro ax.

His eye piece I would build as part of a "hat style" hookup. I would make a hat that basicallt went over my current chewbacca head. The new hair style and everything from the eye piece up would be somewhat of a hat, that just slipped over Chewies head. I would not make a seperate mask for this, I would treat it as it is a disguise.

His armor would all have to be customed made. I would start by making a duct tape mold of you in your wookiee suit. This is done by placing a very large shirt over you while in your costume. Then gently tape around the shirt so its nothing but duct tape. Make sure to keep it not to snug, but not loose. You can cut off circulation real fast otherwise. Once you have the shirt completly enclosed with duct tape, you will need to cut the shirt/ duct tape off gently without cutting hair mind you. Once you get the thing you close up the cut you made with... more duct tape.

Once closed off you will not want to duct tape closed all the areas minus one (I would leave one arm un-closed). With all the areas closed off with duct tape minus one, I would then stuff the body with newspaper till it is stuffed. Once stuffed you can then close off the last opening you used to stuff the body form with with..... more duct tape.

You know have created a tuct tape body form of your wookiee!

With that body form you can not use it to create armor! This same process can be done for the thieghs as well.

I would choose a weapon... not both IMO. Honestly If I were to finnish my snoova, I would go with the 6-7 foot axe! The size of it alone would be amazing, and would be very impresive. Oh you could do the small version, but not I... Laughing

Hope that helped?

Last edited by SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn) on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of the "hat" method too! My biggest concern is that snoova is different colors and chewie supposedly died his hair. Which means a whole new suit. What would you guys think if it was just props on the same colored suit?

I tend to do things the hard way so i would probably sculpt the armor in clay over a duct tap mannequin, then make some silicone or fiberglass molds.

However, another technique I would consider is the EVA foam method. I don't like most foam builds because they tend look sloppy (depends on the maker) but if you take your time and use a critical eye, you can have great results like this:

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaxmon wrote:
I was thinking of the "hat" method too! My biggest concern is that snoova is different colors and chewie supposedly died his hair. Which means a whole new suit. What would you guys think if it was just props on the same colored suit?

There are hair sprays that can be used to change the color teporarily. Then you just need to wash the suit. Being most suits are 100% synthetic, you may want to consider that if you do not want to make a different suit. I would also test it out on a sample piece before you go and spray down your wookiee suit like that.

I have no intention to do that to my suit, but only because mine is not 100% synthetic... sigh.

Bob
Tig West ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance Chewie Laughing

Ok so the hat is the way to go, since 5 of us had the same approach idea.

I was thinking the same thing with spray hair dye Robert. I was only thinking with going with a Dalmation (for lack of a better term) design on my suit. This would match the figure fairly well since I don't see any color differences between Snoova and Chewie in the comic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: