About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d223197a035061d57a9415e291f44727Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PA, DuBois: Galaxy Far Far Away Camp June 30th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you join the Padawans on June 30th?
YES! I will share my wisdom with the younglings!
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No--the younglings will have to do without my wisdom that day
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Users Voted : 4
Total Votes : 4
Detailed Results

Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there!
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Will be there!

Excellent! Looking forward to having you there, Cap'n!

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty has declined to attend this event due to work situtions.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Marty has declined to attend this event due to work situtions.

That's disappointing, but completely understandable. Sometimes there's no defeating Darth Real Life... Neutral

It will be a great time, though!

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're just a few days away from this event--at last count there were 16 kids signed up for the class, and if last year was any indication we'll easily have twice that many showing up just through word of mouth for pictures and autographs. Here's the plan for the day:

11:00-11:30--Arrival on campus and suit up (We'll meet in the same room as last year; I'll have someone--most likely Garrett--to meet you as you arrive and point you toward parking. You can park temporarily in the Career Link lot to offload, but parking will be in the upper lot on campus.) I'll be in another class at that time, but I'll catch up with everybody sometime around noon.

You can click on the link at the top of this thread for Google Maps directions to campus, or shoot me a PM if you need to.

12:30-12:45—We’ll make our entrance and have a meet & greet with the students (buckets on)

12:45-1:15-1:30—A Q&A armor panel to talk about the cultural/mythological significance of our costumes (can go buckets off at this point). Tips and ideas for how kids can make their own costumes/props also welcome!

1:45-2:20 – After the kids’ snack break (TBA), we’ll have time for pictures, more questions, etc. Weather permitting, we may go outdoors for games or other activities. I'm thinking we may take the kids on a "march" across campus and have a couple of group photos as well.

2:30-3:00 (or whenever) - After the class ends, we'll have time for anyone who wants to use the campus' Digital Commons to take green-screen photos of their costumes. We'll have the room all afternoon if we want, so even if you have several costumes you want pictures of, feel free!

And of course the most important question about any troop is "Where are we going to eat afterwards?" I'll have more information tomorrow, but safe to say at this point it looks like there will be a barbeque at a location soon to be determined. So stay tuned!

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm out becuase I have to work... Sorry, weekdays are hard for me.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Yes, PSUJedi, there will be food... Reply with quote

One more update for this event... Just confirmed that my associate Garrett has arranged a post-troop barbeque at his home just outside of town. And as we all know, where to eat after a troop is the most important element of a successful event (yeah, I'm looking at you, Marzka! Laughing)

So come hungry, and we'll see how good TR-9392 is at whipping up a batch of tomo-spiced ribenes! Razz

sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now confirm I am a 100% go for Thursday. I will be there GOOD & BAD Evil or Very Mad You know what I am talking about Mr. Green
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt carida wrote:
I can now confirm I am a 100% go for Thursday. I will be there GOOD & BAD Evil or Very Mad You know what I am talking about Mr. Green

I really thought since this was the second year we've done this event that the kids would be asking all week when the Star Wars characters are coming, but none of them has even so much as mentioned it. I think we'll be able to surprise them again this year (I've been telling them we have to keep the location of our Padawan school secret because Darth Vader is searching for us...)

Oh, they have no idea what's coming tomorrow Evil or Very Mad Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing

sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty cool.

Skippy and I are going to grab a bite to eat at Burger King before we get there. Need some grub in our guts for lunch. We should be there sometime around 1045hrs so if anyone wants to join before the troop just drop by. It is on the right side of the road after the Kmart plaza. My cell is 814-359-9530.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission report posted! Thanks again to everyone who made this "a day long remembered!"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: