About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5ef64c900a977cbafbf473d0784831a9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Interest Thread:NY, Bay Ridge- Star Wars Marathon 7/3-4/2011

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Interest Thread:NY, Bay Ridge- Star Wars Marathon 7/3-4/2011 Reply with quote

Contact Name:*: Michael DeVito
Contact Phone:*: 347-497-5188
Contact Email:*: mdevito730@gmail.com
Organization:*: Cultural Compulsive Disorder Blog
Event Name: *: The 2011 Brooklyn Star Wars Marathon
Venue / Facility: *: The Wicked Monk
City:*: Bay Ridge
State/Province:*: NY
Start Date: *: 7/3/2011
End Date: *: 7/4/2011
Start Time:: 1 PM Sharp
End Time:: 3 AM (estimated)
Event Website (if any):: http://bkstarwarsmarthon2011.blogspot.com/

Approximate number of attendees:: 200+
Number of characters requested:: As Many As You Like!!!
Characters requested:: Rebel Pilots, Jedi, Royalty, Rebel Troopers, Droids, Oth
Please list additional and/or specific character requests. In addition, besides the : Would love a Jawa and Admiral Akbar, but I know that can be a bit picky!!! Any and all of you guys would be appreciated!
Can you provide a secure changing room/staging area to accommodate costumed attendees?: Yes

Please (briefly) describe the event and your organization's role:: My blog, CCD, is sponsoring a all day viewing marathon of all six Star Wars movies on 7/3/2011. We will be projecting the films on a 85 inch screen as well as using the rest of the TV's in the bar to show all six films back to back. Start time is at 1PM for The Phantom Menace, and will continue until the end of Jedi!!! It's gonna be epic.

The event is free, and there is a $35 bracelet that entitles you to all the draft beer you would like during the six films. Also, there will be other drink specials, artists selling Star Wars themed art, and vendors selling vintage Star Wars memorabilia.

How did you hear about us? : I found you guys via Twitter. The 501st Legion is also sending some people to appear, so your involvement will help balance the force in the room that day... hope to see you guys there!
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder per the Charter, members may not drink alcoholic beverages while in costume. Likewise, squires may not drink alcoholic beverages while performing the duties given to them.
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have permission from LFL to host this event?
It's my understanding that all 6 movies are in moratorium and are not allowed to be shown in a public setting - even for charity.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DocBev wrote:
It's my understanding that all 6 movies are in moratorium and are not allowed to be shown in a public setting - even for charity.

I don't think that's our problem, whether they have permission or not. I just can't see how it's our place to say.

How likely is it that you'd travel for this event? No interest = No event.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
DocBev wrote:

I don't think that's our problem, whether they have permission or not. I just can't see how it's our place to say.

How likely is it that you'd travel for this event? No interest = No event.

When a request like this comes in through the 501st, Mary Franklin has asked me to run them by her because organizations need permission to show the films. If they don't have permission, the 501st has been asked to decline the request even if there's interest from members to attend it.
I had assumed the RL would be operating under the same procedures.

Nicky "Doc_Bev" Blum
The Rebel Legion: Echo Base
501st Legion: Legion Events Coordinator
RAID - Fire Team Echo & KJO - Blumfruit Temple
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must do what you feel is right...

No interest still = No event

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This invite came down the pike, so RL Command viewed this, and passed it down, if Donna sented it, then it is approved, if I did not get it then it wasn't. This my position on event requests from the public.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Tim, and I never had a problem with the event. I just can't get down there for it.

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epilogue: Click to see thread

The event got shut down. I guess someone contacted Lucasfilm and they sent a C&D. Rolling Eyes

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: