About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bd1211a05b209ee9069b73d2890761eeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars night at the KC T-Bones 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Star Wars night at the KC T-Bones 2011 Reply with quote

Name of Event: Star Wars night at the KC T-Bones, 2011
Event Begins: Friday, June 17, 2011 5:30 PM
Event Ends: Friday, June 17, 2011 10:30 PM
Location of Event:
Community America Ballpark
1800 Village West Parkway
Kansas City, KS
link to map

Please note, we need to have our list of troops and their guests finalized by JUNE 13 so that our tickets can be ready.

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: For many years now, the Kansas City T-Bones team has had an night each summer to celebrate Star wars at the ball park.

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Yes, there is a small office right next to the team store (near the main entrance behind home plate).

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Yes, same place as where we change, but please be as frugal with your luggage as possible, this is a SMALL space.

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes, though they're doing it slighly different than past years: those trooping are admitted free, and each person trooping can get up to two extra tickets free for friends/family. PLEASE don't abuse this and get them if you don't need them to try and sell. Also, it's two tickets per member trooping, so you should include your minor child in your two free even if they're in costume too, as they're under yours when you pick them up.

If you want more than two, we can purchase at a discount group rate if we have 20 or more. Though more likely, we can get another trooper that doesn't need their to give you some of their +2 if you ask Wink

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? Free parking all around the stadium. If you get there soon enough, they have sometimes let us park in the reserved section right next to the stadium.

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the 501st/70th Explorers? No, but feel free to carry calling cards.

Are Rebel Legion/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? As many as possible

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? Not by the team.

Additional information or comments:
Keep the tradition going strong and come out to the ball park!

Please RSVP so I can keep the list to give them; be sure to give the name you want the tickets under to pick them up at will call, and how many + guests you need...

Current Master List:
From RL:
(4) Bart and Sarah German +2 (1 for Andy S)
(4) Tommy and Kelly Sutton +2
(2) Darryl Woods +1

From 70th:
(3) Ken Beckwith +2
(2) Dru Felkins +1
(2) Brandon Elliot +1
(3) Andy Shimamoto +2
(2) Kevin Fox +1
(1) Terry Handshy
(1) Bill Holmes
(2) Ron LaVoi +1
(2) Tony Peirce and Shannon Smith
(2) Dave and Stephanie Scheffner

From Mercs:
(2) Brandon and Susan Easter
(1) Nick Letcher
(1) Kevin Smith
(1) Chris Roberts

Total: 35 (22 'trooping')

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to attend. I'm going to have to take a day off though to get out there on time.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
I should be able to attend. I'm going to have to take a day off though to get out there on time.

FYI, the game doesn't actually start until 7, but they like us to have people out and trooping by 6, which is why I put the start time I did. Of course, it gets hot out there, so what we tend to do is encourage people to rotate in and out, so people that get there later than 5:30-6 can relieve the people that have been out for a bit, and such...

Just wanted to let you know, so you could maybe not have to take a much time off if it saves your vacation hours balance any Wink

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the T-Bones want to know if anyone who's going to be in costume is a good singer... good enough to sing the national anthem... Must be a GOOD singer, not just decent, becuase it's a busy Friday night game...

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also typically give us preferential spots if we want to participate in any of the other 'wackiness' at the park, like the between-inning games, or dancing the YMCA during the 7th inning stretch... If you're interested in any of that, please let me know.

Also, I'd like to see about having two non-costumed people willing to be full-time photographers for the night... wandering around taking pictures of the fun. Especially if we do any of the stuff above (or singing), I want to be sure we have one of our photographers right there too...

Lasly, I'd like to try and be a bit more organized about taking a group picture this year, and set a time so we can hopefully get everyone included, and not waste too much time trying to draw people back from the outer rim... I'm thinking 8:15 PM, at the front gate we tell people to be there... It should still be light out, but it's late enough that most fans have gone on to their seats and the game is well underway, and it's early enough still that we hopefully won't have anyone that's changed out of costume yet...

BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, Kelly, and Alex will be there (though we'll be all evil-like in armor) and Tori will probably go, too (might get her into my Jedi costume since I'm revamping it anyway). I'll probably be there around 5 or 5:15 like last year just to get as close a parking spot as possible. We'll have the cooler and a couple cases of water again, too.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the list, which I'll submit tonight unless anyone speaks up before then:
Quote:
Current Master List:
From RL:
(4) Bart and Sarah German +2 (1 for Andy S)
(4) Tommy and Kelly Sutton +2
(2) Darryl Woods +1

From 70th:
(3) Ken Beckwith +2
(2) Dru Felkins +1
(2) Brandon Elliot +1
(3) Andy Shimamoto +2
(2) Kevin Fox +1
(1) Terry Handshy
(2) Bill and Karissa Holmes
(2) Ron LaVoi +1
(2) Tony Peirce and Shannon Smith

From Mercs:
(2) Brandon and Susan Easter
(1) Nick Letcher
(1) Kevin Smith
(1) Chris Roberts

Total: 34

Also, I've gotten permission for a couple folks to accompany Kevin onto the field as he sings to 'document the event' Very Happy I'll be brining my video camera, but if anyone knows that any of your +1's is also a photographer, let me know... Or one of the troops, if you want to do what I'm going to do and wait until after the anthem to change into my costume (and help be part of the 'late shift' of folks to relieve those of you trooping the earlier, hotter pre-game time.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T-Bones posted this on their Facebook team today:
Fans, just a heads up for this Friday. Sporting KC has a soccer game at 7:30pm, thirty minutes after first pitch at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. The traffic folks suggest our fans to enter the Village West area via Par...allel and avoid the congestion on State Avenue. Please spread the word to fellow T-Bones fans! We encourage you to come to the park early, tailgate, and have a ball! And remember, parking is always FREE.

Pyr Landis (Chris Roberts)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, the T-Bones was a good event. A little warm, but much better than the old August date.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: