About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ba09c0f6bae78444b8e29b4d9430f03eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hard time breathing in mask?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Hard time breathing in mask? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a real hard time breathing in there mask? dizzy

My mask has no room for a fan.

I was thinking of maybe a small oxygen type tank straped to my back.

Any ideas that might work?

You will help me breathe. mindtrick
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some events that are stuffier than others, and for the most part I am fine. There are some times where I can get short of breathe, but it usually comes after a long walk or something.

Does your mask have the latex inner mouth/tongue? If you do you may want to consider ditching it... if your short on air at least. It may look nice, but cannot imagine it being worth not being able to breathe.

I have yet to hear of a chewie that has an oxygen tank. The other thing I would check into is your suit... make sure its not restricting your diaphram.

2 cents...

Bob
forestmoonstudio

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

Yes... it has the inner mouth. It sets right against my lips. Might think about removing it.

The suit is really loose. So no problem there.

I got the idea about the tank the other day at the store. A lady had a pack on her back. ( I guess she was a heavy smoker ) She had the nose thing on. So I thought that might work for my Chewie. Laughing
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of it (lack of air) can be overcome by stamina and drinking lots of fluids ahead of time. I am not saying air is optional, but I will say its amazing what we put up with to pull of am image.

Bob
TheNegotiator (Derek Struchtemeyer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of trouble breathing at times after walking around a bit, mostly b/c I'm out of shape (attempting to remedy that by getting back on an exercise regimen).
What kind of mask do you have? A Duck design or something else?
Is there any way at all you can make just a bit more room in there? Even a 1/4 inch could make a difference, yes?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have an inner mouth specifically for this reason.
Wookiewannabe ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys have the 2 holes in the inner mouth like the movie used masked do? I have the inner mouth with the holes and also make sure the nostils of the nose are clear. I really dont have trouble breathing with this set up. Have you guys tried that?

Chewy Layers snow to print
Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wookiewannabe wrote:
Do you guys have the 2 holes in the inner mouth like the movie used masked do? I have the inner mouth with the holes and also make sure the nostils of the nose are clear. I really dont have trouble breathing with this set up. Have you guys tried that?

I have the revenge of the sith version, which is just a tongue and mesh obscure my face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: