About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ee7496a63af9c09543ee5bebc268585Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Leia Blaster needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shelltrooper (Michelle Yarwood)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Endor Leia Blaster needed Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not. If it's not - sorry Embarassed

I'm in the process of putting together an Endor Leia costume and will post a WIP once I have a bit more to show, at the moment it's just piles of fabric and sewing patterns!

Anyway, I'm making reasonable progess with it but am really struggling to find a blaster. If anyone has one which needs a new home, I'd very interested in taking it off your hands

This is the one that I'm after..

Many thanks

Michelle x

Current costumes (UK Garrison cleared) : Boushh...Hoth Leia
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Most of the castings I have seen of this blaster are not too good.

If you do find something that is otherwise, let us know...

Bob
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsonal models makes a good resin model of that gun...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the 'not so great' casts of it, but think I may just have to bite the bullet and try and clean one up.

I'll try Aresnal Models first though and see what they come back with

Thanks for your help Smile

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one I got:
http://www.kingofswords.com/Movie-Replicas/Aresenal-Replicas/Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Leia-Blaster.html

It's alright, the barrel seems a little rooster-eyed to me (-edit- "rooster-eyed"? Really, silly auto-censor? Yeah, the barrel's a littke c0ck-eyed.)

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet its the same one Beret has... its roostered as well....lol.

Would be nice if a good casting would pop up with this one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one I was looking at that may need work. I actually had one a few years ago, but never got round to doing anything with it, or building a costume to go with it for that matter..

Glad to hear they're workable though even if they're a little wonky!!

Thanks again guys

Smile

Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

through arsonal models i have aquired a winnon peace keeper gun from farscape ,

sonic screw drivers ,

a scanner from enterprise ,

and captain harlocks gun ...

and i have to say . i love their quality and accuracy.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:
This is the one I got:
http://www.kingofswords.com/Movie-Replicas/Aresenal-Replicas/Star-Wars-Return-of-the-Jedi-Leia-Blaster.html

It's alright, the barrel seems a little rooster-eyed to me (-edit- "rooster-eyed"? Really, silly auto-censor? Yeah, the barrel's a littke c0ck-eyed.)

i ordered one of these a few weeks ago. How long does it take for them to ship it to you? I'm starting to get a little worried about it. btw i havent found anything else other than this one. you can always clean up a not so good pull on a blaster and add real metal screws and pieces to make it look really nice, not to mention the sanding and paint job really make it what it is when its all said and done.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it takes a few weeks to getthem out depending on thier stock and molding process...
Renzi (Cassie)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The off-ness might be a result of an old mold. The gun is made out of resin right? If it is, you can hold the gun barrel into a pot of boiling water until it is warm enough to slightly bend into the correct position and then dunk it into cool water. I've used this method in doll-making to reposition fingers. Razz

It might be a bit easier then just trying to sand it back into a good position.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be sanded regardless to get the little bumps and imperfections out and to make it ready for painting. If something needs to be bent into shape, then yes, heating it up and bending it slightly would work. I purchased a scout blaster that was a resin kit, just like this leia blaster is, and there was nothing that needed to be bent into shape, the mold just needed to be cleaned up a bit with some sanding to make it nice and smooth for the paint application, and some real screws and pieces were added for the additional genuine look.
From the picture of the resin mold above in this thread, it looks to be straight and in place, just in need of some sanding to make it smooth and to define some of the details on the blaster itself before the paint job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I had previously was a little out of shape too, but like you say it could be an old mould as this was about three years ago.

I hope yours turns up soon Sandy, let us know what you think when you get it Smile

Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i coincidentally JUST got an email from these king of swords people about my blaster, saying that they were sorry for the delay in my order and that they have let the manufactorer know to mail it directly to me instead, to speed things up a bit. They gave me no inclination as to when i would be receiving it, lol.
I will keep yall posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: