About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce1a4ca1f313feaa7c041e36bbe29fabMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Contagion: Outbreak! June 10-12, Omaha NE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)
 25 slots left to register.
 (0)
 30 slots left to register.
 (0)
 30 slots left to register.
User Registered Confirmed
dawmer299Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 am
gandalfbmgWed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 pm
MasterbeanWed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm
wampameatThu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 pm
Anakin Skywalker KTSat Jun 04, 2011 1:32 pm
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Contagion: Outbreak! June 10-12, Omaha NE
Event starting Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm for 3 days

The Rebel legion has secured a 10x10 display booth at Contagion: Outbreak. The convention is June 10th - 12th, 2011 at the Qwest Center Omaha. Many of the Omaha Rebels are working the convention as a whole so We are in need of people to help man the booth. Show hours are Noon to 7 pm Friday, 10 am to 7 pm Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm Sunday. Tickets are $25 for the weekend. We will also be presenting 2 panels during the weekend. Times and material yet to be determined. Panel presenters earn volunteer time from the convention and can earn perks. I also have Rebel Legion swag I will be giving to anyone working the booth.

Star Wars author Joe Schreiber will be attending. More info on other guests can be found at www.contagionoutbreak.com
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to be there and can each work a shift. We just don't know WHEN we'll be there yet. It'll depend on if we stay overnight or not Saturday, and whether or not we're bringing one or both of the kids too...

Something that might help us start figuing that out... what happened w/ the drawings from PlanetComicon? Do we need to work around any VIP dinners or whatever? Wink

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there...though I probably should work on getting a hotel room...meh Laughing
I'm sure I will be able to work the booth, guess this means I need to bring my Obi-Wan Very Happy
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to post this over in the cross base event thread. We might get others from other bases to come as well. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted! Bart, I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your format for the Planet Comic-con event thread.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=403866#403866
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
Something that might help us start figuing that out... what happened w/ the drawings from PlanetComicon? Do we need to work around any VIP dinners or whatever? Wink

I will check on that for you. Smile
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wampameat wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:

I will check on that for you. Smile

Hehe, I kinda dropped the ball and forgot to ask you something... Is Sarah minding you are having dinner with Jewel Staite? Smile
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...it sounds like no one from my neck of the woods is heading out for this convention so I haven't had any luck with a hotel just yet. I wouldn't say I'm completely out just yet...but it's starting to look doubtful
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the panel times?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, the web guy says hes getting them up here soon.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...question for you local folk, is there any sort of toll across the border on 480 to I29?
I ask because I was able to secure a hotel in Council Bluff's, which looks like the hotel is just a couple miles away from the Qwest Center. But...if I'm going to have pay a toll every day to go to and from, I'll need to make sure I have change.
There aren't parking fee's at Qwest, are there?
Just trying to sneak by spending as little as possible
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
so...question for you local folk, is there any sort of toll across the border on 480 to I29?
I ask because I was able to secure a hotel in Council Bluff's, which looks like the hotel is just a couple miles away from the Qwest Center. But...if I'm going to have pay a toll every day to go to and from, I'll need to make sure I have change.
There aren't parking fee's at Qwest, are there?
Just trying to sneak by spending as little as possible

Oh, good question on the parking... We were planning on staying at the Hilton attached to the convention center, parking there is $10 a day I think, but if there's a cheaper option we'd like to know...

I've crossed over on the bridge on 80 (not 480 though) many times from Council Bluffs and that road is free (no toll). The last toll bridge over the Missouri was removed like 20 years ago in the KC area, I'd be surprised if there's any left upstream...

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gandalfbmg wrote:
I've crossed over on the bridge on 80 (not 480 though) many times from Council Bluffs and that road is free (no toll). The last toll bridge over the Missouri was removed like 20 years ago in the KC area, I'd be surprised if there's any left upstream...

Yeah, I know KS had some, I haven't ever seen any in Iowa, I don't recall any in NE but I only drove through that state once from MO...back in the day. I was just wanting to make sure on toll existance so I was prepared for it, if it did exist. Looks like my hotel is going to be just a couple exits away and across the river. Too far to walk, and I'm sure there won't be a shuttle since it's technically another state Laughing
It makes me nervous for my car though, I recently purchased it and well...I knew I was in trouble when I loved the paint job. I get so paranoid when anyone parks near me. *sigh* I guess it needs a door ding sooner or later.

So...most likely no toll, parking fee's?
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterbean wrote:
gandalfbmg wrote:

Yeah, I know KS had some, I haven't ever seen any in Iowa, I don't recall any in NE but I only drove through that state once from MO...back in the day. I was just wanting to make sure on toll existance so I was prepared for it, if it did exist. Looks like my hotel is going to be just a couple exits away and across the river. Too far to walk, and I'm sure there won't be a shuttle since it's technically another state Laughing
It makes me nervous for my car though, I recently purchased it and well...I knew I was in trouble when I loved the paint job. I get so paranoid when anyone parks near me. *sigh* I guess it needs a door ding sooner or later.

So...most likely no toll, parking fee's?

I'm sure there is some kind of parking fee, but someone familiar with the area will have to say what it is... the hotel is charging $10/day (not unusual for downtown hotels to charge), and last summer while we were in town we went to the Old Market area (south of the convention center but still downtown) and had to use a pay parking garage (three was very limited metered street parking as well). I doubt there's free parking anywhere down there, it's a question of how much and how close...

According to Wikipedia, the 680 (not 480, 480 doesn't actually cross the river) bridge used to be a toll bridge but isn't any more... So both 680 and 80 bridges are free.

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link. I480/US 6 does cross the river, according to that link it's the Grenville Dodge Memorial Bridge/Gerald R. Ford Freeway. The Wiki link doesn't mention anything about a toll...so, just parking needs to be figured out. So, does the convention center not have any parking?

Edit: I went to the convention center's website and found out. If the lots are in operation, it's $8: http://www.qwestcenter.com/Directionsparking.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: