Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e3c698fb32ed995d1b5dbc0ac9b3ad5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day Participation in Hawai'i
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Spread the Love? Reply with quote

Julie,

You mentioned a willingness to participate. Is Ed going to apply for RL membership with his Rex? Or to the 501st?

Did you already commit to Aiea and/or Kapolei or can we ask you (and Ed) to go elsewhere?

WetOkole,

Is there any way I can convince you to possibly "spread the love" by going to one of the other libraries that don't have any costumed volunteers yet?

Summer expressed willingness to costume that day but I have to go find out if Slave Leia will be appropriate in the context of Free Comic Book Day. I believe she mentioned a willingness to go as Poison Ivy (yes, a non-Star Wars character) instead if the library peeps say "no" to Slave Leia.

I'm guessing Ivan (of the 501st) MIGHT accompany her but he only has his "Ghost" costume in Hawai'i. [Again, non-Star Wars.] I doubt he'll be wearing that to the library.

If you don't mind possibly keeping her company at one of the libraries, I think she & I had discussed Mililani (since that's where she lives).

For a 2nd shift (or 1st shift, depending on how y'all want to plan your day), maybe you can head out to McCully. [I'm guessing Kailua, Kaneohe & Waimanalo might be asking a bit much 'cause they're rather far?]

Please let me know what you think.

Maybe, if Mark doesn't have his heart set on accompanying Brian to Aina Haina (& Hawai'i Kai?) then maybe you can switch places with him and we can deploy him elsewhere.

If all 3 of you (Shaughn, Brian & Mark) have your hearts set on going to those libraries, that's fine but it's preferable to have costumers (at least 2) at more libraries, I think.

I still haven't heard from a few of our other RL members. This is going to be a shuffle.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
WetOkole ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh..JT since we have time before May! I wouldn't mind attending with Summer **HINT** but if her suit wouldn't be appropriate then I will be alone...weep!! But I will contact her if not just to make sure!

I only suggested Hawaii Kai since you said you been there in the past and wanted to show that the RL is growing some way of any sort!

If it makes it easier since we live in this Rock in the Pacific, my number is 808-385-2725
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Mililani & ? Reply with quote

WetOkole,

Before the Rebel Legion Hawai'i mebership "explosion" at the end of last year / beginning of this year, I had planned on making the Aina Haina library appearance our "flagship event" for the year. However, since our group has grown considerably AND the impression we made last year seems to have expanded our invitation, my focus is on trying to "spread the love" now.

I don't want to go too "thin" now with just one person per location BUT, say, if Summer is there EVEN as Poison Ivy, you won't be there alone.

My approach thus far has been to send at least 2 R.L. members to whatever locations we do cover.

Thank you for volunteering to help.

I'll be in touch!

J.T.
femtrooper julie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT, Ed is going RL with the Rex. Not quite ready for approval yet, but he was working on it with Shaughn last night, and it should be there this weekend.

Our plan was to stick with Shaughn, it is hard for Ed to gear up alone, and I am not that mechanical to help!

But otherwise, I am down for anything you need to help.

http://femtrooperjulie.webs.com
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: RL Hawai'i Region Free Comic Book Day Schedule 2011 Reply with quote

Rebel Legion Hawai'i Region
Free Comic Book Day Schedule 2011

Aiea:
[Aiea is the only library where we'll have RL members during both "shifts" only because Officer Sagun volunteered to stay there for the day. He will be representing the 501st for the later shift.]

10 a.m. – 12 noon
Anthony Sagun as “Luke Skywalker” (in Bespin Fatigues)

2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Christian Colotario as (Clone Commander) “Bacara”
Daniel Ben as Jedi “Taharial Jusik"

Aina Haina:
10 a.m. – 12 noon
Brian Maiwela as Jedi “Ha’vok Tereus”
Mark Seichi Toguchi as Jedi “Mar’sai Ijaat”

Hawaii Kai:
2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Brian Maiwela as Jedi “Ha’vok Tereus”
Mark Seichi Toguchi as Jedi “Mar’sai Ijaat”

Kapolei:
10 a.m. – 12 noon
Chris Colotario as (Clone Commander) “Bacara”
Daniel Ben as (Clone Commander) “Gree”

McCully:
2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Shaughnessy Birgado as Jedi “BuumeenO Ko’macin”
Julie Parrow Gay as “Juno Eclipse”
Edwin Gay as (Clone) “Captain Rex”

Mililani:
10 a.m. - 12 noon
Shaughnessy Birgado as Jedi “BuumeenO Ko’macin”
Julie Parrow Gay as “Juno Eclipse”
Edwin Gay as (Clone) “Captain Rex”

Please allow me this opportunity to congratulate Hawai'i Region's newest RL member, Edwin Gay, who was granted approval for his Clone Captain Rex costume! Great job to Ed & whoever helped you with your Rex armor!

To ALL members participating in this event: the libraries have asked for images to promote your appearances. PLEASE send me the pics (or links to the pics) you would like them to use. Or, let me know if they can just use the ones on your RL profiles (assuming the images are big enough with sufficient resolution).

If you DO NOT want your images to be used for their P.R. purposes for this event, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I can always just ask certain (or all?) libraries to do generic "advertising".

Also, I humbly request that Tony Sagun, Chris Colotario, Brian Maiwela & Shaughnessy Birgado to be the Rebel Legion point guys for their respective "shifts". I will be getting the specific library contact info to you in case you need to contact them.

Jay Tee Erricck
Hawaii_Rex ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahalos JT, an honor to be here. Look forward to the Comic Book day!
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Mahalo Reply with quote

Mahalo, Ed.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

J.T.
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Pertinent Information Sent to Participating Members Reply with quote

Aloha, Everyone.

Okay, I just sent out the "quick sheets" of pertinent info to all the Rebel Legion participants here in Hawai'i for Free Comic Book Day [Saturday - May 7th, 2011].

I sent them via FaceBook & mentioned that, if anyone needs me to send it via e-mail as well, to please let me know.

My hope is that our members will make a good (side) enough impression that we'll be invited back next year (and more years to come).

If our membership continues to grow, it'd be nice to be able to send even more Rebel Legion members to more libraries next year.

Jay Tee Erricck
Rebel Legion Regional Captain, Hawai'i
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: