Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0431941dd271379bd0f2433694c3e3d0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH sight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: ANH sight Reply with quote

Does any one know the right sight for Han's ANH blaster? Also is it the same one in the Cantina? and where can I get the right silver disk for side of blaster? Thanks
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ANH Version?

This:

Or this:

There is no silver disc on any of them.[/img]

Have a nice day,
Michael
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both relay. On the other side or the top one near the front there is no sliver disk?
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Berry wrote:
both relay. On the other side or the top one near the front there is no sliver disk?

The one from the Hero-gun (with the big flash hider) is a Hensoldt Wetzlar Ziel Dialyt 3x. Itīs a german sniper-scope from the WW I. They usually go for 350-500$, depending on condition. The one on my gun is nearly mint, and i have a second in even better condition. Very Happy

The gun itself is a MGC (250-300$), thatīs closest to a real Mauser as possible. The flash-hider is from a german WW II MG81, even the replicas (like mine) are very hard to find. Bullbarrel and grill are custom made.
The scopemount is the hardest part, up to now we donīt even know what it is - custom is the only way.

The easiest way to achieve a ANH Han Solo Blaster is to get hold of a Master Replicas "limited" (cheaper) or "elite" (more expensive, but still noticeable cheaper than acquiring the real parts), estimated between 400 and 600 for the gun with case and papers.

If thatīs to steep - the Denix Mauser is much cheaper, and not that bad - i used it on the Greedo Killer (but will replace it as soon as i get another MGC). And then combine the Denix with resin parts. I started that way, too, before getting the sweet stuff. (Resin grill and resin Hensoldt are still stored in a box, might doing a cheap buildup for a friend one day)

The "silver disc" is no real disc, itīs a spot where once something was attached and is fallen of, now the bare metal is visible there. And a small hole for a screw in the middle. (The gun was rented, and probably also used for the Merr Sonn Blaster)

The scope of the Greedo Killer (Cantina Blaster) is a Compac. Itīs even rarer than the Hensoldt, altogether i know only 3-4 people who own/owned a real one. On rare occasions a resin one can be acquired from a run. The scope mount was custom made, and thatīs the only way to replicate it. The flash hider is from a WW II US M3 (greasegun) smg. The grills origin is not known, so custom made or a resin copy of a custum made is the only way.

I hope this info doesnīt discourage you - it feels great to hold and sling them around when completed. Cool

Have a nice day,
Michael
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I have made 3 of Hans blasters now as close as i could. wanted to up grade sight to the real one $3-5 is steep anything cheaper will do?
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a real one, remember they are now nearly 100 years old, not so much left available - and they look so unique that i donīt think another one would work (for a accurate upgrade).

Whatīs left (to stay on lower numbers) are resin copies, or have one machined. But to get a machined one at a low price you need to have access to the machines, or need a good friend in a machine shop wo works for free, or beer.

The resin one is not that bad (if cast from a original), its the top one, the first i had. You canīt look through, and it doesnīt feel like metal, but it looks like a real one, just without glass lenses:

Next i machined me a metal one:

But i got my first real one before i completly finished it.

The ANH-Hero is the hardest one to make of the Han Blasters. But it is my most beloved version, too.
I like my ESB, I like my Greedo-Killer, i donīt like the ROTJ (but having the parts ready, waiting for another MGC) - but the ANH-Hero ........ itīs pure sweetness, the essence of SW, only competed by the E-11. Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Michael
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lichtbringer wrote:

There is no silver disc on any of them.[/img]

I think he is referring to that round silver area...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, and that is no added disc, itīs just a place where the blueing/paint dissapeared and left the blank metal.

Have a nice day,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: