About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9d25470df94dfbb129248d35daffdcf6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Request Reply with quote

As some of you may know, I work for a non-for-profit crisis center. We offer assistance (free of charge) to families (adults and children) effected by domestic violence, sexual assault, economic crisis through counseling (bilingual 7 days a week), legal/medical advocacy, shelter (40 beds), rental/utility assistance, food pantry (only food pantry open 7 days a week in the Kane County area), coat giveaway (daily through winter), school supply's (for the school year), toy giveaway (Christmas), public/community education from pre-school and beyond. We are also one of the few agencies in the state that offer counseling for batters.

We are having our largest fundraiser in March, an auction and dinner, that essentially holds us over financially throughout the year. Times are tough...we are losing state and federal funding and yet the need for our services continues to grow.

I realize that times are tough for everyone everywhere, but I am putting a request out there for anything or anyone that might want to donate time, money, services to help raise some money. We usually have about 300 items that are donated to us but the donations are becoming less and less, and some of the unique 'big ticket' items are near impossible to get. (two years ago someone donated two tickets to Oprah! Laughing )

Or...conversely...if anyone wants to attend our fundraising auction:
Tickets are $80/person and includes dinner and a little show. ($50 is tax deductible)
We also have raffle tickets @ $5 each or 6 tickets for $25. First prize is $2,011 cash...second prize is $500 cash

The event is March 12 at the Q center in St. Charles. Silent Auction & Cocktails begin at 5:30 pm, Dinner at 6:30 pm and live auction @ 9 pm.

Also, would anyone know who I would ask about the possibility of requesting to auction off a troop for a party? Its an idea I am playing around with, but I do not want to do anything that would get us in trouble. I am thinking of maybe asking both sides to auction a troop event for someone (think birthday party). But I have no idea if that is allowed!

Smile

thanks everyone !!

Valissa
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auctioning off a troop is definitely doable, but it needs to be okayed first. I guess you'd need to talk to Beth here and Aimee over at the MWG.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...I think it could be do-able...
especially if we also get the support of the Midwest Garrison...

We had talked about this at the MWG around the time of Max's fundraiser...I can't remember why...but it never took wing...

And, it goes without saying that we can't guarantee how many troops we can come up with on any given day...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've done something similar with WIG in the past. I don't see anything wrong with auctioning off a troop. The biggest issue I see is what Phyllis was saying. The problem we had with the one we did with WIG, was it ended up being a birthday party, which are already hard to staff, on a day when there were 2 other events and it was like pulling teeth to get people to come out and do the birthday party.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps we could include stipulations requiring a certain time frame for requests and the notice that there is no guarantee of the # of troopers that will show up?

would that be something we would want to include?

V
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I ended up submitting. If something needs to be changed...let me know ASAP so I can let them know before they print the brochure. I basically took the info off the 501st website...hope thats ok!

The 501st (Vaders Fist) and The Rebel Legion are the leading force in fan-based charity events. An internationally recognized all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate. The Legion seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work. Storm or Clone troopers, Sith Lord, Imperial Guard, Bounty Hunter, Sandtrooper or Jawa, Jedi, Rebel or Tie Pilots, Princesses and even Wookiees.... we've got them all....and we're always looking for more.
No one can provide the public with a greater range of Star Wars costumes, nor a more personable, interactive, face to face experience.
The Legion's costumers are available for hospital visits, walk-a-thons, fundraisers and events sponsored by/in support of charity and community causes. If you would like the Legion to appear at your personal party or corporate upcoming event, please contact us.

Restrictions:
Two dates must be submitted to confirm date availability. Maximum trooper numbers based on availability.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa wrote:
Here is what I ended up submitting. If something needs to be changed...let me know ASAP so I can let them know before they print the brochure. I basically took the info off the 501st website...hope thats ok!

Not 100% sure, but if the brochure has the RL on it , then it will need to get approved by the PR officer. I am not 100% sure of the procedure on it though.

Love to see the end result though!
Sounds cool!

Bob
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Valissa wrote:

Not 100% sure, but if the brochure has the RL on it , then it will need to get approved by the PR officer. I am not 100% sure of the procedure on it though.

Love to see the end result though!
Sounds cool!

Bob

no pictures...the brochure is just text descriptions of all the different stuff up for auction...
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa -

What was the outcome of this auction? How did it go?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: