About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=83cb4db3ea87233b42289acf8d1fe4cbMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WonderCon Group Photo Shoot - Saturday April 2nd 11:30
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (11)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
Kay_DeeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:14 am
guelrasWed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 am
ScottrooperWed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 am
JedHeadWed Mar 09, 2011 4:51 am
Anasian SkywalkerWed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 am
dbuckWed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm
DerekM1767Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am
Quinlan VosMon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm
CooRMon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm
Leia1138Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 am
Master MinaMon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm
User Registered Confirmed
phantom8Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: WonderCon Group Photo Shoot - Saturday April 2nd 11:30 Reply with quote

Thanks to Mark Chu-Lin for securing an indoor photo location for the Rebel Legion group photo. We really appreciate all his efforts and time he has taken to secure photo locations for multiple groups. To keep things simple, we'll just keep this indoors.

DATE: Saturday April 2nd
TIME: 11:30am
LOCATION: Our usual spot. Mezaanine level (you can take the elevators to the Mezzanine) on the steps behind the Exhibtor Registration booths above.

MEET UP: At the Rebel Legion booth at 11:00am (booth F6). Walk up to photo location at 11:15

Map: http://endorbase.org/images/rain-photomap.jpg

Rebel Legion Group Photo Shoot:
Please join us for our annual group photo
When: on Saturday morning at 11:30am.
Location TBA. We may need to have the photo outdoors at the Zeum carousel steps this year, as there is a strong likelihood the indoor stairs inside the convention center will not be available to us.

If it is raining, we will have to find some indoor alternative.

The Zeum carousel is located on the corner of Fourth and Howard - it is just outside the front of the convention center if you hang a left when exiting the convention center.

This is where the 501st had their photo last year:

Meet up Time: 11:00am members can feel free to meet up at the Rebel Legion fan table (Table F6, on the back wall to the far right of the exhibit hall when you walk in). We can then walk over to the photo location at 11:10-11:15. If you are certain you know our final location, you can just meet us there. But some years, our location is not determined until the day before the convention, especially when weather if a factor.

Need a new Costume Photo to replace your old web site frame? Some of us veteran members need to submit new photos of our older costumes this year in order to have our costumes converted to the "New Web Site Frames" (the ones with the base logo on them). If you have a costume you'd like to take photos of, we should take them at our photo shoot.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out Yerba Buena gardens for other possible photo location sites yesterday. I am personally fine with the Carousel location at the corner of 4th & Howard, but our photographer is not happy with it because it is on a busy corner and he has to fight foot traffic walking in front of the camera as he is trying to take pictures.

There are no other decent outdoor locations near the Zeum (we checked, the terraces are too flat and spread out so they would not be suitable for the size of our group). The only alternate location we could find were the water fountains on 3rd street across from SFMOMA, in Yerba Buena Gardens. Near the Green Glass Ship sculpture.

I am OK walking there and it would be a pretty, more secluded location to work in, but I worry that other people will not want to walk that far, or understand how to follow the map to get there.

What do you all think? I'd need feedback from all of you soon because if we decide to go with the fountain location we have to get written approval from Yerba Buena gardens and that takes a while.

Here is a map showing the Carousel location in relation to the front entrance of the con, and the fountain location across the street.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a place with steps near the entrance of Zeum which is secluded that might work for this. We'd probably get a lot of on lookers who are going into Zeum, but at least it'd be out of the street foot path. We took our group picture there after the Zeum event last year. Might be a possibility?!?!?
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Mina wrote:
There is a place with steps near the entrance of Zeum which is secluded that might work for this. We'd probably get a lot of on lookers who are going into Zeum, but at least it'd be out of the street foot path. We took our group picture there after the Zeum event last year. Might be a possibility?!?!?

We checked that, the steps are very very deep and shallow, so people would not be as visible. Our group has been getting pretty large in recent years.

So, our two options are the Carousel steps on the corner, or the stairs by the water fountains in the park across the street. The park across the street is more of a walk, and I think it would look good if people feel they can walk a little bit father to get across the street.

I just don't want to lose a lot of people if they feel across the street in the park is too far away, That will defeat the purpose of a group picture if people bail because they don't want to walk a half a block across the street.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the two options, I would personally opt for the fountain locale. I know the carousel location is closer and easier to get to, but I agree that foot traffic interruptions could frequently get in the way of the photographs and be both aggreviating and time consuming as well. I think that we could address the navigation concern by walking together as a group. Plus, Kathy's map seems very clear for those who are not yet in the convention yet and would be meeting at the shoot. I think a little bit of effort and thought ahead of time would be more than compensated by avoiding the frustration of trying to take pictures with people walking between the camera and the group.
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask to see if we can get permission to use that other location for the photo.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
I'll ask to see if we can get permission to use that other location for the photo.

Any update on this? Any luck even contacting the gardens? What did they say?

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Ciscotiger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

FYI: rain is forecasted for Saturday. I'll be happy to hold the booth down while the Rebel photoshoot occurs. If someone can notify me 5 minutes prior, if I'm not there by then. I usually don't have a watch when in costume. I'm going to be Sandtrooper though, got 501st line duty all three days.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciscotiger wrote:
Kathy,

FYI: rain is forecasted for Saturday. I'll be happy to hold the booth down while the Rebel photoshoot occurs. If someone can notify me 5 minutes prior, if I'm not there by then. I usually don't have a watch when in costume. I'm going to be Sandtrooper though, got 501st line duty all three days.

OK, I'd have to remember to have maybe Matt or Dale run and find you while the rest of us are hanging out at the table I guess?

Yeah, originally it was supposed to be clear. But if it is supposed to rain, I will work that much harder on Thurs and Friday to find someone working for WonderCon who can approve our use of our old indoor location, even though it will be blocked off as usual to regular con goers, I hope they will work with us considering the weather conditions and our members do volunteer for line duty for them Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Ciscotiger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it will be scatter showers now for Saturday! So hope for no rain.

See you at WonderCon.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I heard there was a possibility of rain. Guess we'll play it by ear and check the forecast on Friday.

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mark Chu Lin is also helping us check with WonderCon on use of any indoor locations in the event of rain. It may be a challenge, since the Avengers group photo is the same time as ours. But there are two sets of stairs on the mezzanine, so with any luck we can each use one of the sets of stairs if CCI approves of it.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I will make it up to the con this year. I hope you guys all have fun!
Taeriel's costume page
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll miss you, Alison!

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Mark Chu-Lin for securing an indoor photo location for the Rebel Legion group photo. We really appreciate all his efforts and time he has taken to secure photo locations for multiple groups. To keep things simple, we'll just keep this indoors.

DATE:
Saturday April 2nd
TIME: 11:30am
LOCATION: Our usual spot. Mezaanine level (you can take the elevators to the Mezzanine) on the steps behind the Exhibtor Registration booths above.

MEET UP: At the Rebel Legion booth at 11:00am (booth F6). Walk up to photo location at 11:15

Map: http://endorbase.org/images/rain-photomap.jpg

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: