About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9f63990a17c5f8a6dc0d04c80ae6d86eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

slave leia question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: slave leia question Reply with quote

Hey there , here is a question.

My wife has a slave leia costume (jamin kit) the metal peices are silver , and hte fabric peices are black.

What would this count as in this group .

Is it an informal slave ?
A formal slave?

Some strange varient of leia ...

thanks
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, for her to be approved with that slave leia kit, it would need to be an exact replica of Princess Leia wearing that costume from the movie. Any variation of that costume is not rebel legion approvable for membership, but is instead a fun convention costume with a twist. If she wishes to repaint her bikini and redo the black fabric, to look like slave leia, then she would be able to apply to get approved, by following the Slave Leia costume standards for the rebel legion, provided on this site.
Thank you for the question! Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sandy said, only costume replications are possible. I know your wife's slave costume from pictures and can say that this would be considered as non-canon/informal. Like a senatorial Leia in black garments (see Nimé's Imperial Senator Leia fun costume *g*) or Ben Kenobi with pink robes. ^^

The costume can be considered canon when there are official Lucasfilm-licensed pictures of the costume.

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll want the Leia LCJ to chime in, but I do think it would be acceptable as a generic "slave" possibly under the "Rebel Supporter" category? It would not be Leia. Definitely would only be listed as informal/non-canon. Is she a member of the Rebel Legion yet? A first costume must be Formal/Canon.

Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgana will eventually be comming in as a generic New Republic Jedi Jedi.

Most likely her slave leia costume will most likely not be anything she would enter the RL in informal and formal.

Even though i have been on the boards for the last year or so. I jsut recently became a member with a formal costume, so I am currently jsut getting my grasp of what falls under the concepts , of formal, informal , and not acceptable.

Some of you migh have seen a few of my accademic questions in various sections as i form a better understanding of things ..

Others are questions regarding costuming within the group.

I appreciate everyone's assistance as i get more information and improve my understanding.

Because i know there are various sections within the group where non face characters dressed following standard costumes would find a home.

Thanks alot fo al lthe information ....
MeenaMallix ()

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the description of her outfit, it sounds like your wife's costume might be able to work for a screen character, with a little modification - Diva Shaliqua

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diva_Shaliqua
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: