About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5d5a942bf7e3b4d055e5c081d9ee4018Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Working on a Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bantha_rider (Olivia)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Working on a Jedi Reply with quote

As PCC '11 draws nearer and I still only own one Star Wars costume, I decided to finally give in a make a generic Old Republic Jedi costume. And by me, I mean Madison's doing all the work for me and I'm funding the project. Very Happy

Anyway, it's coming along quite well, and the only two things I have to get are the belt and the boots. I already have a supplier for the belt, but I'm having a hard time finding relatively inexpensive boots. It seems like boots stop being sold after winter comes to an end. Anyway, I was reading the requirements for the boots, and it specifically says no visible laces, but it doesn't say anything about zippers. Yet I tend to think that they wouldn't want highly visible zippers, as I don't think I can recall any Jedi that had zip-up boots.

Do any of you guys with generic Jedi costumes have zippers on your boots? Do you leave them visible or do you cover them with something? I've seen a couple pairs of boots that more or less fit my budget and the requirements, but they are zip-up, and I don't want to spend money on them if they aren't acceptable.

Wow, this was longer than I intended.

Thoughts?
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have zip up boots, and have seen many others with them. Usually the zippers are on the inside, and covered with a flap.

Very Happy
Darkshifter82 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my brown Jedi boots from "buystarwarscostumes.com". They have no zippers, you just pull them on. Look under accessories, you will find them they cost 36.99 and are Faux Leather. foot sizes range from 8-14, if its in stock.
I have two jedi outfits and use them for both. These boots have lasted since I bought them and joined back in april of 09'. I just bought 2 more pairs for back-up; since they are starting to show some age. They are great and comfortable during events. Very Happy
bantha_rider (Olivia)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshifter82 wrote:
I bought my brown Jedi boots from "buystarwarscostumes.com". They have no zippers, you just pull them on. Look under accessories, you will find them they cost 36.99 and are Faux Leather. foot sizes range from 8-14, if its in stock.
I have two jedi outfits and use them for both. These boots have lasted since I bought them and joined back in april of 09'. I just bought 2 more pairs for back-up; since they are starting to show some age. They are great and comfortable during events. Very Happy

Oh, good idea. I'll check there for sure.
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Jedi Boots at www.911costumes.com. they have a visible zipper. My Jedi costume has been approved with them.

Not sure where to go for belt instructions. Maybe try www.padawansguide.com
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, any chance you ladies will be joining us at the East Mesa Relay for Life?

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26518

The more costumes there better!
bantha_rider (Olivia)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be, depending on when my Jedi is finished/approved, how comfortable and cool it is, and if I have anything else planned.
Lord Parsec ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bantha_rider wrote:
I might be, depending on when my Jedi is finished/approved, how comfortable and cool it is, and if I have anything else planned.

No matter what, I hope you can make it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: