About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=63d38d5038fea45db9687a06765b74c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

R2's Blog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, the savior's wife Tara was on the ball and took a great holoimage of me and two of my very favorite people...

Thank you Tara!

The remaker was busy repairing me today too...seems my blue light in my front PSI flasher was indeed malfunctioning...it was much easier for the remaker to see that last night when all of the lights were out in the stadium...
the remaker was also looking at the new bolts and plates on my arms...the bolts had loosed up a lot on the last couple of missions. The remaker had retightened them before last nights events and I was operating much more smoothly again for most of the night....
the uneven surface of the running track was not a problem for me...but as I made my way around last night....the bolts seemed to loosen up a bit again. A 9/16ths wrench will have to accompany me at all times..

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah!

I got to go to the Joliet Galaxy again last night.

The remaker spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get my legs off until she figured out that the left leg fits a lot tighter than the right and it is wise in the future to remove the left leg first...

I got to meet more new friends and
apparently...
I got to meet the head dude of the Joliet Jackhammers...
he gave me a hug...not sure what that was all about...
but my thanks to my new friend Lance who helped remove my legs after my duties were done for the night. Thanks to all who helped load me back up for transport home...and as always to the savior for helping carry me in.

The "head Jackhammer dude"...

more new friends:

And our group shot:

Last edited by Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte) on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive. Though maybe need to install one of those shocker things to keep the big blue guy at bay. Hehehe looks like a lot of fun
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Master Builder!

Thank you for visiting my blog...it is always good to hear from you.

How is my friend S5, I am jealous that he gets to go to CV!

It is becoming glaringly apparent to the remaker that there are two things that are desperately needed to add to me...

The dome motor, drive and remote control and new and better moving casters.

The remaker was checking out some new casters and boy, when you have 12 casters involved (4 on each of the 3 feet), things can get expensive in a hurry. The remaker found some really nice casters...but at $20.00 each, that turns out to be $240.00 just for new casters.

The next thing that the remaker was searching on the internet was a remote controller for the dome motor.
and YIKES...the remaker says that buying a remote control unit (and I guess you would need some sort of received for the dome motor) is likely to cost a lot too.

The rc stuff out there is mind numbing so the Remaker wonders if there is a simple unit that would work for just doing two things...
making the dome motor work...
and the only other thing that the remaker would like to do (at some point in time) is to make the one holo-eye light up and move.

The Remaker knows absolutely nothing about the remote control world...

so if you know specific manufacturers and model numbers...that would be most appreciated.

Where most people are initially impressed to meet me, many do ask if I move....where making me move around is out of the question due to how much weight I would gain...it would be nice to impress people with some movement...

As you know, the Remaker does have the motor and drive to make my dome spin, but that is just a part of what is needed to make it function.....
she would guess...

r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe, I love reading your blog, as at the time you seem more active than s5. As we feared damage might happen just before cv.. which would be horrible.

ahh there are cheaper alternatives to remotes than what is mentioned by most... I will have this discussion with the remaker in the spring, and see what we can do to mobilize you. It would be sooner but I have a small project that can not wait. as for the dome, i think i found a controller that will work nicely and is inexpensive like the scorpion xl. but we shall see as I want to test one out first on d2.

Well the ARC has to wait a bit to set sail today.. got a last min. appt. at the dentist before i go. Then it is off to master keith's house. and tomorrow we head for orlando.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Builder...
when you get back from CV...
if possible...
just post which parts you think would be best...

and I think the Remaker would like to try to install herself so that she can know what to do if things go wrong.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for my own fundraising page for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer...
my page is here:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY11Illinois?px=8399907&pg=personal&fr_id=28096

And...
when I went to donate to myself and tried to access my credits at the First Galactic Bank of Nar Shaddaa (a place where smugglers AND droids can stash funds), I had found out that my account was hi-jacked. I'll bet it was those lousy Hutts!

The Remaker gave me enought credits to at least have something in my donation totals...

Thank you Remaker...

Very Happy

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend is going to be very busy for this Astromech.

Yesterday I traveled to the Oak Brook Galaxy to a place called Barnes and Noble for an event that will benefit Make A Wish. I have a lot of respect for Make A Wish especially after my encounter with dear Vincent.

This Barnes and Noble was filled with publications on flimsy, an old but respected manner to present news and stories.

I met LOTS of new friends...

I was on hand to listen to a great story by one of the Barnes and Noble people...

we took LOTS of photos....
here is one I especially like....it is me and all of the store employees...they were VERY happy to see me.

There were times when I was completely surrounded with so many hands trying to figure out what they could grab next...

Fortunately, the Remaker has tried to make all of my parts as "bullet proof" as possible....she says that word "bullet"...I am not quite sure what that is....something that pre-dates blasters I think.

Anyway, I have to shut down for a few as I will be at the Legoland Discover Center later on this morning...
I think the Remaker does need to get all of the fingerprints off of me...

Very Happy

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indeed a very busy weekend for this hard working Astromech. As I reported yesterday morning, I had a really busy day at the Barnes and Noble store on Saturday for the DK Book release.

The remaker decided not to fully unload me from the transport (only my dome and left leg were brought into the dwelling for repair) and took me along to the Chicago Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg yesterday.

I met a lot more new friends...

I tried to strike up a conversation with the other R2 Unit...but...I seemed to get nowhere with him....

I lost my voice mid-way into the troop so the remaker stashed me in a hallway behind secured doors for the remainder of the day...
it was very boring in there...but I did watch the store employees go back and forth for the rest of the day.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been on line much lately...
the Remaker's computer is the pitts...
it is even more irratic than me...and that says a lot..

Anyway....I traveled to the Bloomington Galaxy last weekend for "A Day At The Airport".
WOW...the transports were REALLY ancient....none of them even had hyperdrives..
what's up with that?

Anyway, I had a very nice day in the hangar....
reminded me of a certain docking bay on Tatooine..

There was a portion of a Podracer there...

And the Remaker was having all sorts of fun with one of the starships that looked a little like the predecessor of the Z-95 Headhunter...

Jedi Fenlynn was there...she didn't fool me a bit in her Tie Pilot disguise!

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah! I am going on a Mission to the Milwaukee Galaxy tomorrow morning and the best news is that the Remaker says that there will be several more Astromechs at a place called The Discovery Museum. I am really excited to see my fellow droids and hope that S5 will be there....I like to hang out with S5!

I did go on a mission last week to the Homer Glenn Galaxy. It was another library event....those Libraries are places where information is still exhibited mostly on flimsy.....

The Library was crazy busy and I met a lot of new friends. The Remaker was undercover in her Stormtrooper costume for this event...weird to see her wearing that uniform.

The Remaker also forgot the nuts that hold my arms but I went about my duties anyway.

The Savior was in charge of me because the Remaker does not see well when she goes undercover in her Stormtrooper uniform.

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/Squirrlie_Wrath/10%20Homer%20Glen%20Library/

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. Did I ever have fun in the Milwaukee Galaxy..

I met a whole bunch of fellow Astromechs and got a chance to hang out with them all day....boy ...did we ever have a lot to talk about.
I am the one all the way on the left..

I also got to visit with my best bud S5 ...I was starting to worry that he would not be there...
he decided to be fashionably late...
I was very happy to see him..

3PO was also in attendance....he was all the way at the other end of the room...I did get a chance to toss in the old "mindless philospher" remark once or twice..

I met lots more new friends:

and...
these guys across the aisle from me were making me nervous...

All in all a GREAT day!

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit late in wishing all sentients a Happy Life Day.

I haven't been out much lately but the Remaker has been working (or should I say trying to work) on my latest upgrade....
the power of movement.

The remaker has been assembling needed items to make my dome move for years. A couple months ago she got a little more serious about it and purchased a used rc controller from one of the other Builders...

I think, however, that this project is proving to be very complex for the Remaker who is not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to electronics.

Here is all of the "stuff" accumulated so far...

There is still more needed like a honkin' 12 volt battery to run the motor...and things like suppressors-of which the Remaker knows nothing about...

sigh..

it is likely to be a while before the Remaker figures this out...

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got out of the house yesterday...
bout time!

I went with the Remaker to the Stickney Galaxy for a mission to a Library where an expert on the Star Wars movies gave an indepth look at some of the hidden symbols and graphics in the movies. I stood on stage and guarded the screen...should there be any mechanical problems.

Anyway.

Met many more new friends...

this lady in particular was very fond of me and wanted a photo with me...then these other guys came into the photo and cramped my style.

We had a very nice group of troopers turn out...

The speaker (shown here) really was interested in my and asked the Remaker a lot of questions:

Also...the Remaker decided to take a photo with me in her Pilot uniform...
I think we make a pretty good pair..
both old, beat up, yet stubborn to the end...

I was shocked...of course...that the Savior had turned to the Dark Side...
and..
I heard him tell some of the participants who were reluctant to have a photo with me that I do bite on occasion....
Wink

Was nice to get out and meet new friends...
The kids were very nice to me...no one hit me yesterday or pulled on my components!

Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard him tell some of the participants who were reluctant to have a photo with me that I do bite on occasion....

Laughing you do BITE! I got the scars to prove it!

but I love you anyway R2!

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: