About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8e6f916fcaa8e2d5a2f4fcb81637c028Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senator Chuchi - Trespass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeenaMallix ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Senator Chuchi - Trespass Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm starting the research for this costume, it is a long term goal for me, since I'm a little broke at the moment Smile

I'm going to start with the boots/greaves, since that will probably be the hardest part, I figure if I can make those look good, the rest should be fairly simple.

miralys51 is awesome, and has provided me with a bunch of screen shots, many thanks to her!!

A few questions about the boots/greaves...

Am I correct in seeing the purplish, more sunken in area of her greaves as part of the armor? I could also see it as a cut-out, and the purple is part of her pants...but it seems to be much lighter than the rest of the pants.
I've also had a suggestion that it looks like she is wearing pants that are actually stockings, and cover her feet, then she is wearing the greaves over her legs, and wearing silver toed sandal/wedges on her feet. This seems the least feasible to me, but only b/c it's really cold planet, and I would think boots would be more reasonable Smile

Any ideas? I'm going to make the first attempt out of craft foam, since I need to be able to slide them over my leg and still sqeeze my foot through! I thought about PVC or Wonderflex, but I would have to make the greaves "clip" on, and I'm not sure how to do that.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me more like a sunken-in part of the boot-cover.

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
gunslingerpadme ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's part of the boot cover.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the color is different than the material in her pants. Seems to be part of the boot cover itself...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also agree that she is wearing boots not silver-toed wedge shoes. Especially in the cold & snow. Brrr! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: