About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e419b6f4d5e7d15f98a28d4013e1561cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New costumes, costume progress :)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: New costumes, costume progress :) Reply with quote

I was looking for a thread I am sure we used to have for new costume updates Smile

So I'll start a new one and say congrats to Hayley for her newly approved Hoth Leia. Smile

Anyone else got any plans this year? I have Padme fireside on hold of sorts and finally have fabric for the robes of Sabe (had fun black textured fabric finally lucked into the red stuff without dipping into my precious red silk). I may whip up the robes and see where that takes me,
I have some fabric that looks like a nice match for the family gown but I have no plans to make it- if anyone wants it pm me it was extremely cheap and I am happy to pass it on).

Last edited by neimhaille () on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks neimhalle Smile
In another week or so I'll have Bespin Escape Leia added to my completed costumes (only difference from Hoth Leia is no vest, with different boots and hair). Smile

I've always loved the Family Gown, but it's more of a long-term project. I found some incredibly cheap fabric over a year ago that may or may not work for it (at $3m I just got a pile of the stuff), but I'd be interested to see pictures of the fabric you found if that's possible?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, multi functional costumes are always good Smile

Yep Smile I'll hopefully get some photos of the fabric soon- it's in storage away from me and it's a really hectic weekend Smile Not sure how much there is I think 9m but I may be mis-remembering Wink
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I went into Spotlight looking for a zip, and stumbled across the perfect fabric for Padme's Family Gown on the clearance table for $3m Very Happy
Can finally get this costume started!
*All excited*
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on an xwing flightsuit and vest.

And also on a helmet

And I made a jacket for my daughter with the leftover material Smile

www.angels2200.com

Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, lovely!

The helmet looks fantastic, and I love the little mini-trooper Smile
What pattern did you use for the flightsuit? I have a mens overalls pattern but haven't had much chance to compare the pattern to the 'real thing' to see what needs modifying.

Padme Family Gown is virtually complete. All sewing is finished, I'm just waiting for some freshwater pearls to sew in place of the trochus shells (cheap trim is on at the moment, just to help see how it'll look when finished.
After that it's just a matter of making the 'brooches' and the headband, then that's it! Very Happy
Patterning the skirt was very easy, but the top - wow, what a mission. Started with a stretch-turtleneck pattern, and completely reworked it eliminating shoulder and side seams. The trickiest part was definitely incorporating the sleeves into the mid-top panel that extends across to the center of the chest.
It's very comfy, but slight mis-measurement makes the skirt sit a little lower than intended Confused

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Smile Nice to see work progressing Very Happy And Hansagan your little girl looks thrilled with her jacket, I don't blame her Smile Orange rocks!

Glad you found a better fabric Hayley Smile Hee, I mentioned that I never luck into the clearance tables.. well... I found some replacement fabric for my light blue Tatooine ensemble. I managed to cut it all out of 8m of 140cm wide fabric so I may get to replace the one in my costumes list. I suspect it may take a while to make so it's probably fair to ask it to be taken off the roster.

Sabe is still in pieces, just had some news that means I may be able to finish the headpiece after all Smile

Padme fireside is back on the go Smile Well the necklace anyway Wink And my new overlocker has a ruffle function so I may be able to ruffle up the underlayers more easily Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaak Ti:

A very long time planning and making. A few concessions to modesty for events and my nails were just too hard to get on in time. I have them all with me and may get them on for the next event.

Hopefully I'll get to wear her again for Wellington Smile
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of your Costumes look awesome!

Hoping to add a costume to this list before Auckland, (having bought some Battle Trim from BenaeQuee today)...and FINALLY become a full Legion Member...its taken me long enough...LOL

See ya all at Wellington, look for me on Sunday at the Comp with my SSACostume Very Happy Yay! ;D

C

Twitter me This!

*Has a weakness for Disney Songs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ember ()

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great costume, Neimhaille!
It'd be great to see at Armageddon this year Wink

Is the headpiece latex?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile

Yep slip cast latex Smile Same method as for my Samara but a fair bit larger.... I don't know final numbers but it was a heck of a lot of gypsum and latex! It took about a month to cast as the latex needs to be really very solid for the montrals Smile

I'm going to probably cast a few more little bits for this and am about half way through redoing the costume parts Smile I found a nicer faux suede Smile
HanSagan (Peter Haynes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mini holster for my daughter.

K for Keira and a lightsaber peg because she'll eventually want a lightsaber.

www.angels2200.com

Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Hansangan Smile
Did you tool the 'K' into the leather?

As mentioned in the Armageddon thread, I'm working on an Aayla Secura costume Smile

Most of the work is done, I just need to do the vest and lekku.
The complete build is being documented HERE, but here are some pictures of the progress so far:

Top (camera does not do the fabric justice):

Belt/ Aprons (I have since stuck velcro on the aprons so they can hang off the belt):

Boots (need 'attachments' on the front):

I'll leave the vest till after I've sculpted the lekku, since the clay is going to need a few days to dry and the vest will be something to work on in the meantime.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some fine leather work there Peter Smile Oh I think I found a photo of you at Auckland Armageddon 03 Smile I was looking for a photo of my Great White Hunter (aka that darn cat) taking down a mighty Cookie when I found them Smile

Actually Hayley there is a photo in there of your group from 04 in there too Smile
How is the vest going? Will it be from the same as you have used for the trim on the belts etc?
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neimhaille wrote:

How is the vest going? Will it be from the same as you have used for the trim on the belts etc?

The vest is finished Smile
I was terrified to cut it out of the vinyl (yes, it's the same as the belt trim and will also match the head wraps), I only have half a meter of the stuff (all that was left in stock!), and because of its unusual stretch it would have been almost impossible to create a mock-up that would fit in the same way.
So there was pretty much 1 shot to get it right. Fortunately it worked Smile

Now all that needs doing is the lacing for the belt, and the 'spats'.

I've had a bit of a setback with the lekku sculpt, but there's plenty of time before it needs to be finished and I want to make sure it's done properly Smile

Just for a bit of silly photoshop fun Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: