About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cbe993e3a2e3709fcb666a772beab43bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Need Trims from MJ Trims? One week left!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Need Trims from MJ Trims? One week left! Reply with quote

Hello dellow felegates... ya'll know what I mean Smile

::EDIT::
I just found out I got the new job and start in a week! If you need trims, now is the time to act Very Happy
Oh, and shipping international is $14 for a small flat rate box, you'd be surprised how much I can squeeze into one of those.

I'm currently employed by MJ Trimming (and have been for over 3 years now), some of you knew that, but I am also really close to getting a new job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the new job because it pays a LOT more than I'm making now and I could really use it with my hubby unemployed at the moment. This also means I will no longer get my 50% discount from M&J. How does this effect you guys, well, you would no longer have access to the discounts I can offer either.

What we have that SW costumers can use...
LFL Approved trimming for the Maroon Battle Maiden costume
11yds recommended. Museum Replicas was very close to using this trim, but had to decline, because even at a bulk wholesale qty, it was still too pricey. LFL had approved the trim for usage. Mind you, we have discontinued this trim and no longer have the 20mm, but we do have the wider 30mm - which would still work okay. It is $7.98/yd retail, but if you want to buy it through me, it's half that ($3.99yd) plus $5 flat rate US Priority shipping.

Picnic Padme Arm/Hair Ribbons

MR was also looking into making this costume, and they approved the ribbons for use. They ended up scrapping the project from what I last heard.
These are recommended 8yds per color and retail for $1.98/yd less my half = $0.99/yd plus $5 shipping.

If you want rhinestones, misc buttons, buckles, laces, ribbons, or beaded trims for other costumes, we have those too (www.mjtrim.com). I wanted to be able to pass on my discount to fellow RL members before it's too late. Try not to spread this around outside of the 501st and RL as I don't want my bosses to find out yet that I may be leaving them.

I don't know for sure if I'll get the new job, but I have a very good feeling about it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed Smile This would leave me with maybe 2-4 weeks left to get trims.

If you want anything, PM me and I can give you a final price and my paypal address. I'll then pick your trims and ship them out in the next day or two.

Last edited by Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota) on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get in on the EpI Battle Trim, as that Costume is on my "I'm gunna make that in the next year, having wanted to make it since I saw it" List...but there is the whole "New Zealand" issue...oh well Very Happy

Just a note to say Good luck with getting the new Job Very Happy

C

Twitter me This!

*Has a weakness for Disney Songs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie, I can ship to NZ - I've done it before for several other costumers there Wink Shipping to NZ for the battle trim would be $14 Smile

Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, and Congrats!!! Very Happy

I can pay you for 11yards on Thursday(NZ Time) Very Happy

C

Twitter me This!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the picnic gown ribbons. I'm not quite ready for using them, but I don't want to miss out on getting your discount, Kristin! Wink

Coranz (Jackie Chapman)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday can not come quick enough! Very Happy (It's only 10:30pm on Wednesday) lol

C Evil or Very Mad

Twitter me This!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: