About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c4deea79c1c459a30b48f370743cb68cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CO Update--Halfway There

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice)
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: CO Update--Halfway There Reply with quote

Today marks our 6 month anniversary and halfway point through our Base's probationary period. I am pleased to say that we are well on our way to becoming official. This thread I am posting will serve two purposes: (1) to show the status of our goals as a Base and (2) to allow all members of Rogue Base the opportunity to voice their concerns, opinions, and/or feedback with regards to how we are going to achieve these goals.

These are the goals that we have in our first year and their degree of completion:

(1) Maintain minimum of 15 active members and/or increase 3 of RL members in our boundaries--100%--We currently have, by my count, 24 active members (30 total if reserve/inactives are included) with 41 costumes total (50 if we count the reserves/inactive members). We need to make sure our costumes are kept current when our turn for backdrop updates comes later this year.

(2) Establish our own website--75%--Mike Handy, our web developer, is currently busy with the Alpine Garrison website of the 501st, which uses the same server our website will be hosted on. His ultimate goal is to make both websites interworkable, meaning information that pertains to both 501st and Rebel Legion members in our boundaries, once posted on either website will be viewable on both websites. That is an upgrade in the works, but the main website is almost ready.

(3) Establish a Pilot Squadron--50%--Pilot Squadron Name and Squadron Leader done. Pilots still need to vote on a logo and submit the application. The crest/logo is not required to submit the squadron application. Shane, please stay on top of this.

(4) Establish a Delegation--100%--Delegation Name, Delegation Leader and application are done. Delegates still need to vote on a logo. The crest/logo is not required to submit the delegation application. Jill, I believe you are working on this.

(5) Establish a Jedi Temple--100%--Jedi Temple Name, Leaders, Logo, and Application all finished. Well done!

(6) Build Up Our Presence in our New Boundaries--??? %--this one is a bit harder to measure due to different factors. Not being allowed to issue merchandise is part of it, but that shouldn't be the deciding factor in my opinion. I know some Rogue Base members feel we have to compete with the Alpine Garrison or get out of their shadow. Both our leadership and theirs, along with the leaders of Krayt Squad, are in regular communication in our own thread hosted on facebook. We all feel open communication is the key to solving the issue of competition. Working together is the best option. To the regular fan outside of our organizations, Star Wars is Star Wars, no matter what side/organization the costumes are from. In other words, publicity for one group is publicity for all. One group wins, we all win (same if one group loses). Margaret and I want to encourage all Rogue Base members to continue seeking for opportunities to do some good (charities, promotional events, etc).

Last edited by Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice) on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Wraith (Jill Hatch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually our delegation is already approved and official Jakob and was a bit ago.

we are still working on logo submissions but we don't need a logo until we can make merch so I am taking my time to make sure we get it right.

this thread is where I let everyone know we were official http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29166

Firewind Squadron CO and Northern Utah Captain
r2k9 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: CO Update--Halfway There Reply with quote

Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila wrote:

(3) Establish a Pilot Squadron--50%--Pilot Squadron Name and Squadron Leader done. Pilots still need to vote on a logo and submit the application. The crest/logo is not required to submit the squadron application. Shawn, please stay on top of this.

I thought Shane was in charge of that? Confused
Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice)
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrections on first post submitted--thanks ladies (note to self--no more late night posts).
cskdigger ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: website Reply with quote

I do design websites so let me know if I can be of any help I just noticed that it has been almost a year since its posting and still nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: