About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d23cd9c3c335b8bc896159a538bdfa9bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Special Election DB 94 Commanding Officer - Q & A time
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there a new thread for the Q & A?

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 Commanding Officer 2011-2014
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is it..

Hoping for a few questions...

if not I am going to start asking questions....lol.
BleuKnight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll ask the first question:

Do you have any goals for the next year for the Docking Bay detachment? What will be your objectives?

In other words, how do you see your role as the Docking Bay CO?

Thanx,

Jay

Dance Chewie han solo
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hope when this detachment was created was to be more than just a place to get patches and coins. I am not anti patch and coin mind you, I just don’t feel that should be why a detachment is created.

When this detachment was created I started building the Han archives… kind of a work in progress. My hope is that every costume section in the Fringe has a section of information and tutorials as well that can be offered to the membership like my Han archive. So my goal is work on getting more tutorials up and to improve the research material for all Fringe costumes. This detachment has many costumes that fall under the category “Fringe”… most have not been represented at all. We need to do a better job documenting costume creating for all costumes… not just Hans and Chewiee.

I hope to work closely with the LCJ team to improve all the costume standards for the Fringe section… not just Hans. We spent a bunch of time on Han’s standards for a few changes. This is something that needs to be done for all costumes from time to time, so we need to hear from our detachment members to find out which standards are “Broken”. Then get the ball rolling to fix them.

In order... I see my role as DCO:

1. Organizer of all costume info/ tutorials for Fringe
2. Help maintain costume standards working with LCJ team
3. Keep membership aware of new bling ( patch and coins)

TBH... If your looking for someone for more patches and Coins... don't vote for me, for I see that this detachment has a ton more work to do other than patches and coins. My first goal is to gather info and costume tutorials. Just being honest...

Bob Kohn
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good points.

Anakin and Obiwan have 'son of the suns' and 'crazy old wizards';
but EVERYTHING we know about Han costumes comes from right here at the Rebel Legion.
the amount of research that Bob has done is actually quite impressive.
he could start a 'son of the suns' site for Han Solo, but instead its all right here.

--> every character should have an 'on-site' database of resources and information like this, here on the RL forum. yes, 'son of the suns' is a valuable resource, but it doesn't belong to the RL. it would be a boon to the entire club, if people could come to the RL for information like that, in the same context as 'sons' or 'wizards'.

((not that there's anything wrong with those sites; I think they are invaluable(!) -- but for Han, that site is right here. Cool (and thats a good example to set for the legion)).
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleuKnight wrote:
I guess I'll ask the first question:

Do you have any goals for the next year for the Docking Bay detachment? What will be your objectives?

In other words, how do you see your role as the Docking Bay CO?

Thanx,

Jay

Dance Chewie han solo

That is a great question.

Along with Bob, I see it as a wrangler of all things fringe.

We have started in a great direction getting tutorials and work in progress threads.

I also want to encourage and keep in touch with anyone who is interested in the Fringe Catagory and help them along and point in the right direction.

I acknowledge that I don't have near the costume prowess as Bob does, but I did create my costume from scratch, with the exception of the boots and black belt.

I would like to encourage everyone to make as much of their own costume as possible. That is why work in progress and tutorials are so important here.

I know Bob's Han archive was invaluable to me. I echo his desire for all Fringe characters to get there work in progress threads going and documented.

I also wish to improve some of the standards for the fringe costumes.

Working together, we can make a much stronger presence and then maybe we can change our names from Fringe to Mainstream.....LOL

Conley Nichols

Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, from me Smile ... few questions for both candidates:

1. You already answered question "how do you see your role as the Docking Bay CO?". Do you think, that you can achieve your goals only in position DB 94 CO?

2. Why do you think, you should be DB 94 commanding officer?

3. What are your positives and negatives?

4. Where do you think the responsibilities of fringe LCJ start and end, and where responsibilities of DB 94 CO start and end?

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:

1. You already answered question "how do you see your role as the Docking Bay CO?". Do you think, that you can achieve your goals only in position DB 94 CO?

4. Where do you think the responsibilities of fringe LCJ start and end, and where responsibilities of DB 94 CO start and end?

1. I had a ton of issues getting ideas past the last DCO… not meaning to disrespect, we just had far to many difference of opinions. I felt that the detachment should have a say as far as standards go… he did not. So unless I want the detachment to continue to serve as a patch and coin thread, I do feel I need to be in the seat to push these ideas and changes.

2. I feel like any leadership position it will come with tons of work, and little recognition. I do not want to be the DCO for a title nor for the glory or any of that other junk. I am looking to be the DCO so I can push an agenda…. Yes I have one! My agenda is simple to pave the way for others in the RL to follow. I intend to change the way detachments are being used. My hope is with our new web site there will a 501st feel to it. Meaning CRL’s and detailed info to standards for potential new members who are starting to make costumes. This will require lots of research… research that will start at the detachment level. The goal will be to have every Fringe Character CRl ready.. with well documented info and picture. This will include more tutorials I hope.
I wont be able to do it alone, so my hope is to get people much more active and to delegate authority to help build up resources to all these costumes. That will be me hunting done the best costumers in the Fringe and picking their brains for ideas and pictures.

3. My positives are I am very blunt…. I will not sugar coat my words, which allows me to get to the point and past all the BS. I am also one who does not hold back info for any reason. Far to many people on the boards hold on to info like it’s a trademark secrete…. I do not do this. If I know how something is done I will share the info.
My negatives are I am very blunt… some people do not like things blunt, and need things sugar coated… that is not me. I do not waste my time on the boards for silly posts or games… if I post a “Well done” on a costume… its because I am truly impressed. So do not expect a ton of “warm and fuzzy posts”… that’s not who I am.
Notice my positives and my negatives are almost the same… I am who I am, and I do not play games…. I am a get it done person who solves problems. Some people like me, some don’t…. such is life…lol.

4. LCJ’s and DCO’s are very common to be the same person actually. You may or may not know this, but many of your LCJ’s in the RL are also the DCO’s and XO’s of their respected detachments. I am not sure how many of the DCO’s are not LCJ’s TBH. I do know that the intention was to have the LCJ and DCO work closely on standard issues. Personally I think having the DCO and LCJ as the same person hurts the detachment for its less representation on the standards committee. Other than that, the ability to admin/ monitor the boards for the detachment should be roughly the same. If a DCO is smart he should discuss things on a regular basis with the LCJ’s… does not help the detachment at all if they are butting heads. Remember: an LCJ’s job is judge costumes, maintain standards and tutorials. A DCO is the leader of the detachment that is supposed to help bring things like standards, tutorials and new info to the forefront as well. Both parties should be working side by side.

I hope that answered your questions.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:

1. I don't believe I would have to be DCO to achieve the goals I mentioned in my previous thread. I have actively participated at the local level and showed also my own progress threads here in the forums.

2 I originally stepped forward in order to keep this detachment going. I did not want to see our detachment go defunct. I believe I have the ablity to lead this detachment in a positive direction.

3. My positives are that I am diplomatic and try to look at both sides to things. Negatives may be some of the lack of knowledge of all fringe costumes. However, I am an avid researcher and look forward to that challenge.

4. I believe the DCO should have input as the liason between detachment members regarding costume standards.

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to state that I am not in this for the title or for the 'glory' or whatever. I am for whatever is best for the detachments.

Charter Committee
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that the Q and A ended on the 11th, we should wrap things up with final comments and what not. I was kind of waiting for an announcement or something for final statements, but looks like we can just wing it I think.

Besides what I have mentioned in my Q and A... I just want to see this detachment become the leading Detachment as an example of what we can do. Things like Standards, pictures, tutorial and links to information outside of the boards... is what we should be doing IMO. I have no problem with coins and patches; I just feel that we need to remember what the boards are for. The mission of the RL needs to be ours as a detachment as well... and that detail seems to be missing from many of the RL detachments.

We have a backlog of people trying to get into our detachment for what?.. the need for more coins and patches? My goal is to make this place useful so when new people get into the Detachment they are pleased and look at these forums as a godsend and worth while.

I also want to start our own vendor threads. We have some talented people who make things… there is no reason we have pay others outside of the RL for things we can make here. I want to encourage people to provide more services to our members… these are the kind of discussions I want our detachment to engage in. I plan on pushing these agendas even if I do not make DCO.

Quality discussions on standards, new ideas and solutions for costumes… anything we can do to improve our image in the RL worldwide.

Thanks for the chance to run as DCO.

Bob Kohn
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm locking this thread and opening a new thread for voting soon. Smile

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: