Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dfd33694b7b65fe2868e093bffdb0935Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Legion/501st Coin Image Vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rebel Legion symbol that I like best is...
A
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
D
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
F
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
G
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
E
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
H (Please state what your 'other' Option would be in post
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 3
Total Votes : 5
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

Registration
 (0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
User Registered Confirmed
CC 585 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain and Simple

Interest threads = a support for it whatever is on the table,put up the poll (both forums) you shall be answered.

I'm not against the creation of merch what so ever. You and Robert have joined at an excellent time.It's rather settled by comparison of Ye old days Razz

Patience and Respect to those who try to help will get you further.
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC 585 wrote:
Plain and Simple

Interest threads = a support for it whatever is on the table,put up the poll (both forums) you shall be answered.

I'm not against the creation of merch what so ever. You and Robert have joined at an excellent time.It's rather settled by comparison of Ye old days Razz

Patience and Respect to those who try to help will get you further.

I am sorry if I was coming off as rude. I am glad that all those states are happy that they are separate (included you guys). Its a lot easier to run a garrison when the members are more localized. I just was saying that I'd like to own a coin that had MWG/Nar Shaddaa on it like how i have my RL and 501st coin. Being told that I can't do it, isn't fair (I've been told that I have to include WIS in a previous thread). I guess that that was where I was kind of bothered. I mean, I have a hard enough time dealing with the merch drama on the MWG side. I just hoped that people were more open here.
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies all around to anyone whom I may have offended. This thread was intended as a pre-interest thread. I am having a bit of a hard time picking EXACTLY what should go on a B side for an interest thread...so if I am doing this wrong, I apologize.

I have already opened up this exact same idea on the MWG side of things at the same time that I created the thread here.

If a MWG/NSB coin is to complicated to make right now...I fail to see/understand how it will become less complicated later since I don't suspect that bases are going to change on either side. (If that makes sense)

I will open an interest thread for a Nar Shadaa/RL coin first...I was just hoping to get some ideas rolling for a dual coin.

This particular coin is not intended as solely NSB swag or MWG swag...but rather RL/501st swag...

btw...I really love the maps...those are pretty cool to see how much has changed nationally!

V
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Bunny wrote:

I just was saying that I'd like to own a coin that had MWG/Nar Shaddaa on it like how i have my RL and 501st coin. Being told that I can't do it, isn't fair (I've been told that I have to include WIS in a previous thread). I guess that that was where I was kind of bothered. I mean, I have a hard enough time dealing with the merch drama on the MWG side. I just hoped that people were more open here.

I think having both 501st and RL logos on a coin is awesome... if they share the same boarders. However we in NS do not share the same garison lines as MWG. I think you will open up a ton of old wounds if you continue down this path. Not to mention you are shunning the Wisconsin garrison... which also shares boarders with part of Nar Shaddaa.

Sometimes the things we want are not always what is best for everyone else, and I really think you will cause more issues than you know if you make this coin.

My 2 cents...

Bob
CC 585 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa

As I look on both forums

Following Merchandise procedure,Have you asked Legion MBO? Is your Base/Garrison CO copied in on all of this? As well as Legion(s)?

Artwork Permissions/Alterations * Consequence if you don't ask* (there are people in this thread that could PM you more details)

RL LMBO Joel Webne
501st LMBO Scott Will
MWG CO Aimee
NS CO Beth

Artwork..
Wink

Quote:
Its a lot easier to run a garrison when the members are more localized.

I agree 110%

Please look at whats being said.

Run a poll with the NSB/MWG or NSB/WIG,Just Maybe WI membership are "not in the market right now" and you could go a head with your idea.
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I’ve lost what exactly you (we) are trying to accomplish here. I get the feeling that some of you newer member are very excited about being a member and are looking for ANYTHING to show it. You have to keep in mind those of us that have been a member for years and have tons of stuff, and tons of stuff from bases and garrisons that are no longer around. And so that “WOW I gotta have it!” feeling has worn off. Along with that not all of us are also a member of the 501st, and not all of us live in Illinois. (Me and Bob are examples of that!)

I would buy a base only coin, I might get 3 or 4 to have some extras around. And I would prefer things that had to do with the base as a whole, our detachment units, or just simply the base logo. Plus something like that would be good to use to give to celebrities…..

If we go with some sort of combo coin, I’ll sit out, just because it won’t really mean as much to me. And at about $7 each, not something I’m willing to spend my money on.

And, yes, we can use items from the official logos. You can use our color, name, the same graphic elements. Only if the official logos are used, they must be unaltered because those are equal to our groups trademark.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

I think my original intention was lost in this thread somewhere...not sure where.

This is not a coin that is intended to be completed soon...as in tomorrow. I am first going to be doing a NSB/RL coin and I am just waiting for a price return to post an interest thread as well as submit for approval to the appropriate channels.

THIS thread is for a coin idea that I am playing around with. It is not intended as an interest thread per say. I am hoping to pin point a symbol or item that 'represents' Rebel Legion. These examples are just that...examples. They are not the final images that would be used. I am having a hard time pin pointing a good image to start with.

Is the RL best represented by Jedi? Would we as a group enjoy seeing a clone trooper with target sights on it? The idea is to create a coin along with the 501st with married symbols. An RL coin would be representative of RL and the 501st coin would be represented for them. They would be offered at the same time and would (in theory) compliment each other.

If you are not interested in a 501st coin...don't worry about...

If you would be interested in a unique RL coin...then please tell me your thoughts on an image that you feel represents RL.

At this point...I am working with the idea of having a 'group' image of iconic characters outlined. I am hoping for something better than that...but my creativity is limited by lack of sleep! Smile

If my intentions confused or upset any of you, I apologize.

Valissa

Edit: I just want to reiterate that this is not a MSW/NSB coin nor is it a thread for that concept or idea. This is not a coin that I intend on having done in competition with a NSB/RL coin nor would it be in place of one. This is...at this point...an idea in the works. As is an MSW/NSB (perhaps WIG) coin...just concepts...nothing concrete...and not to be confused as something happening prior to another coin idea. Hope this helps clear things up!
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never much of a merchandise person before..
and am even less so these days..

so I will keep my two credits out of this

Laughing

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
xSchmitterSx ()
Benelux Base XO
Benelux Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebel Legion/501st Coin Image Vote Reply with quote

Valissa wrote:

This is an cool design ... 501st & RL United ... i'm wondering is there a vector or something of this design?

It would be great to print this out to put on our booth during FACTS Con 2012.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: