About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2cff7aaff60aa8f357b3c83040f83abfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lando Belt help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wraith (Jill Hatch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Lando Belt help Reply with quote

I have a friend who is trying to make a lando costume, and we are trying to figure out this belt specifically.

http://kobe.typepad.com/.a/6a01287737911e970c0134853539b0970c-800wi

I'd love it if I could get some tips/help from you guys and gals

Thanks in advance

Firewind Squadron CO and Northern Utah Captain
Captain Berry ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could be out of leather. Good luck
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some really convincing leather-look fabrics. you can get one thats basically a fleece backing with a 'pleather' coating on one side. thats what I would use. it goes through the sewing machine like regular fabric.
Wraith (Jill Hatch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys Smile

Firewind Squadron CO and Northern Utah Captain
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how you'd reproduce the tooled design on that front piece with faux leather, though.

I'm a proponent of real leather, myself.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add those lines by wetting the front piece of leather and using a ruler a tool like this:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Tools/Tracing-Supplies/8039-04.aspx

Then just wait for the piece to dry, dye it and glue that piece onto the front of the belt. The belt would close in the back, where it's not seen, so it doesn't matter if you wanted to use snaps or Velcro to close it with.

That's how I would do it.

Active Legion Member

I'm not sure how you'd reproduce the tooled design on that front piece with faux leather, though.

It shouldn't be too difficult to add those lines by wetting the front piece of leather and using a ruler a tool like this:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/Tools/Tracing-Supplies/8039-04.aspx

Then just wait for the piece to dry, dye it and glue that piece onto the front of the belt. The belt would close in the back, where it's not seen, so it doesn't matter if you wanted to use snaps or Velcro to close it with.

Active Legion Member

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: