About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=38fb741374ef0ea08e413faf81fbf598Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bespin Leia - My long term project
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Bespin Leia - My long term project Reply with quote

I've been planning to do Bespin Leia for over a year now, gathering resources, screen shots and the general things one needs to have on hand when starting out on a project. Maggie was kind enough to send me the embroidery patterns she has, which I lined up and combined in photoshop to make one whole file. I plan to embroider this, despite the size of the project, each panel should only take me about a month to complete. My question is has anyone done a color chart for the embroidery? If so, would you be kind enough to email it to me. If not, it's fine there are some pictures that have good enough color for me to pull from.

forgot a question:
For those that have seen this costume personally, is the embroidery shinny or matte?
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 06 Oct 2002
Posts: 2118

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have plans for this one, but I have 3 Padmé gowns "in line" ahead of it. Smile Did you ask Maggie which colors she used? I thought she mentioned it on her website?

I did see the costume in person, but that was before I joined the Rebel Legion and became such a costume accuracy freak! Rolling Eyes So, I don't remember. Sorry.
_________________
~Mieal



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't asked Maggie which colors she used and I didn't find where (if she did) on the tips page. I've been guesstimating which colors where used by the more color saturated pics that I've found.

another question:

I have a piece of sheer white material. I'd like to know if it's sheer enough to pass for the cape, if it is I can start the embroidery now (which would be great) if not I can use it to practice on.






_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 06 Oct 2002
Posts: 2118

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say on the sheerness of it. The original sometimes looks really sheer and then sometimes doesn't look sheer at all. I guess it would be up to the Leia LCJ...I'd hate for you to spend so much time on the embroidery if it wasn't going to be right. Shocked
_________________
~Mieal



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
It's hard to say on the sheerness of it. The original sometimes looks really sheer and then sometimes doesn't look sheer at all. I guess it would be up to the Leia LCJ...I'd hate for you to spend so much time on the embroidery if it wasn't going to be right. Shocked


which is why I'm not starting the embroidery until I hear whether this piece of material will work or not.
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 601

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy that's one of my fav of leia's outfits! i wish you luck
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I please get the opinion of the LCJ on this piece of material's sheerness. I'd really like to know if this is good or if I need to find something else.
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelPrincess (Katharyn Preston)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 18

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! I started on this one as well. Maybe we can work on them together sometime Very Happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelPrincess wrote:
Haha! I started on this one as well. Maybe we can work on them together sometime Very Happy.


nice! yea getting together to work on this would be fun
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelPrincess (Katharyn Preston)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 18

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social sewing is a grand thing indeed. I'm almost done drawing the embroidery pattern. I will upload a pic when I'm done. If you like it your more than welcome to use it. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelPrincess wrote:
Social sewing is a grand thing indeed. I'm almost done drawing the embroidery pattern. I will upload a pic when I'm done. If you like it your more than welcome to use it. Smile


I have the embroidery pattern that Maggie from padawansguide used if you'd like me to send that to you
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Posts: 2227
Location: San Diego, CA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standards call for an "Off-white cloak in a non-shiny fabric with a sheer non-shiny lining the same color as the tunic and pants and a copper metallic trim. The off-white fabric of the cloak is decorated in a stylized, paisley-like pattern - a “scales” design with rosettes of varying sizes at the waist and hem in shades of yellow, pink, burgundy, and brown. Padded yoke with standing collar and metallic copper trim."

The sheerness of it would be fine, since there's a lining of some kind, but I can't tell from the photos if it's a pure white or an off-white. Quite honestly, if you can't find something more off-white, I personally wouldn't dock you for it as long as everything else is right, though not sure how the other 2 Leia judges feel on that.
_________________


"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
The standards call for an "Off-white cloak in a non-shiny fabric with a sheer non-shiny lining the same color as the tunic and pants and a copper metallic trim. The off-white fabric of the cloak is decorated in a stylized, paisley-like pattern - a “scales” design with rosettes of varying sizes at the waist and hem in shades of yellow, pink, burgundy, and brown. Padded yoke with standing collar and metallic copper trim."

The sheerness of it would be fine, since there's a lining of some kind, but I can't tell from the photos if it's a pure white or an off-white. Quite honestly, if you can't find something more off-white, I personally wouldn't dock you for it as long as everything else is right, though not sure how the other 2 Leia judges feel on that.


thank you for weighting in. The fabric is egg shell white, which I can easily dye if I need to.
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RebelPrincess (Katharyn Preston)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 18

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
RebelPrincess wrote:
Social sewing is a grand thing indeed. I'm almost done drawing the embroidery pattern. I will upload a pic when I'm done. If you like it your more than welcome to use it. Smile


I have the embroidery pattern that Maggie from padawansguide used if you'd like me to send that to you


That's fantastic! I will use my own since I put quite a bit of time into it Smile . Thank you very much though lady! We should have a photo shoot when we are done with them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelPrincess wrote:
Aysel wrote:
RebelPrincess wrote:
Social sewing is a grand thing indeed. I'm almost done drawing the embroidery pattern. I will upload a pic when I'm done. If you like it your more than welcome to use it. Smile


I have the embroidery pattern that Maggie from padawansguide used if you'd like me to send that to you


That's fantastic! I will use my own since I put quite a bit of time into it Smile . Thank you very much though lady! We should have a photo shoot when we are done with them.


coolness....I went back and checked and apparently the pattern I have is from surllygirl, if you want to compare hers to yours I can still send it along if you'd like. I still have to print it out and transfer it to my material, which is why I'm waiting on more word from the judges (which I really apperciate Miana weighing in but I don't want to get to sewing to later find out that I should have used different fabric Wink ) I'd like to get with you about the colors your choosing cause I've gone through my embroidery thread and I think I've got some pretty good choices, but I'd like a second set of eyes on this.
_________________


501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group