About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6b08f4768a6502805b3a323168e57203Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

RFT in progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdublade (Mark Chittenden)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: RFT in progress Reply with quote

Got my blaster painted. Still Nerf functional, will eventually replace the pull-ring with a more realistic metal d-ring.

Acquiring this blaster is the reason I'm working on a RFT. Smile Now when Bry has a free moment or three I'll order a holster from him.

Going to need help getting the helmet kit properly prepared (i.e: cut trimmed and sanded) since the only tools I have is a modeling x-acto blade. Time wise this might have to wait until after the next two weekends.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Work in Progress Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe I can skip the helmet and go for Redneck Fleet Trooper?

Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Work in Progress Reply with quote

mdublade wrote:
Hmm, maybe I can skip the helmet and go for Redneck Fleet Trooper?

LOL

And you're wearing the perfect hat, too. Wink

The costume looks great. Very Happy

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that might be iffy is the height of the boots?

Lee can you confirm?

fleet_trooper ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: RFT Reply with quote

True but you can pull your pant leg over the high part of the boot to cover thge extra inch or two so its right at the correct length. I believe its 11 inches but I will check Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boots too high? Ok, where'd I put those sissors....

LOL Actually I do have a pair of east german jackboots, which should be the right height. The pair I'm wearing in the photo happened to be more conviently at hand at the time.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Almost there... Reply with quote

Helmet is 99% finished - just waiting on payday and a trip to Lowe's to grab a hard hat for the liner.

Rebel Endor Trooper
Bith Cantina Band Member
Clone Wars Republic Officer (WIP)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: