About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f92e8ff05945848974c5ec636377b706Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

OWK Ep3 Hair style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ar-Jay Wan Kenobi ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: OWK Ep3 Hair style Reply with quote

I've got most of my OWK Ep3 costume up to the costuming standards of RL, but am having issues with the hair style.

I am going bald and have long decided to keep my hair (or what's left of it) extremely short. I usually trim it on the shortest level on a weekly basis and even shave it completely during summer.

I have now tried to grow it in an attempt to copy the OBW Ep3 hair style but it is not really working. So I have two questions:

1) how stringent are the RL rules/standards in this regards i.e. there are costuming standards but nothing mentioned on the hair (or beard for that matter - luckily I do not have a problem with that part!) Does the hair need to be exact? What can be deemed “acceptable” by the RL standards?

2) If there is a minimum standard, can someone propose a solution? Maybe provide an online shop where I can buy a not so expensive wig?

Thanks,
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a similarly styled wig would be the way to go. I would guess others would chime in on options.

If not set on being Obi, you could always be a "generic" Jedi with similar styling.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's in the standards, it needs to be there, if it's not then you are not judged by that. If you're saying the hair style is not in the standards, then you do not have to worry about it. If you cannot grow the hair yourself, a wig is really the only solution.
You can try to make your own wig, though it would not be an easy task.
As far as finding cheap wigs...they're abundant on the internets, but they are just that...cheap. Best suggestion with a wig is to first try and find out if there is a local wig shop that makes real hair wigs. If not, then go the internets to find real hair wigs. I say real hair, because it's extremely difficult for stylists to style synthetic hair wigs.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face characters are required to have the style as close as possible to the character. I'd go with a good wig. You may have to buy a wig and have it professionally styled.

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Indiana Joyce (Adam Joyce)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I;m in the same boat. I got myself an Anakin CW style wig, and when I first got it, it looked terrible. But I styled it myself, and I had alot of people tell me if they didnt know me, theyd swear that it was my real hair. Now the search is on for a good ROTS Anakin wig. Check out this site, maybe it will help.http://www.wowwigs.com/ And there's nothing wrong with getting a womans wig and having it cut to the length you want.
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a decent wig and take it to either a wig shop or an "ethnic" beauty store and ask them to style it for you.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
hB3ll3 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have chosen a bald haircut, you will have hard times to grow your hair fast. You will also have hard decision to what kind of style you should be in an occasion where you will attend. But believe that there are always solutions. Wigs are one of the best choices for you to consider.
ShayneThill ()

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the Straight black Wigs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: