About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9c4ebffbe9238dcfaef67a15732895b5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

hair color required?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Being a blonde Padme and Leia myself, i feel that i must contribute to this topic. As said earlier, naturally occurring hair colors are accepted as canon and approved as long as you achieve the exact hairstyle required for said costume. As for not being able to troop high profile LFL events, that is incorrect as i have been approved by Lucasfilm for high profile events and LFL events in my costume with my blonde hair. If that has been the case in the past, then i was not aware of it, as they never gave me a problem about my hair being blonde.

You cannot achieve a good majority of the elaborate hair styles of Padme and Leia without a hair piece, extensions or a full wig, unless you have Crystal Gayle hair length, haha Razz , and the actresses did infact use hair pieces themselves because their natural hair lengths were shorter hair styles.
If someone wants to get a full wig in a brown hair color for certain costumes if they do not have brown hair, i would think is acceptable and is up to that person.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benae Quee (Kristin Mrozek Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that my hair is red, my extensions are NOT going to match. Seeing as I'm not in the budget for new extentions, I've found a temporary color spray that I like a lot.
http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/store/m2_tempcolor.html

Only down side, it never really dries. Make sure if you spray this, it's after you've gotten dressed in parts of the costume that will have to go over your head, cover yourself with an old sheet or robe, and spray the parts of your hair that will show. I will spray the part in my hair brown to match my ANH Leia buns.

It washes right out when you are done with no color left over. One event I had to wash my hair in the sink right after because the brown spray vs my purple/red hair was quite funny, and not in a good way.

Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:
... As for not being able to troop high profile LFL events, that is incorrect as i have been approved by Lucasfilm for high profile events and LFL events in my costume with my blonde hair. If that has been the case in the past, then i was not aware of it, as they never gave me a problem about my hair being blonde.....

It all depends on what the LFL event is, what city it is in, and when it happened. For instance, years ago, I had no problem being approved as a TK for big LFL New York City events like Digital Life: SW Battlefront II Promo, TV promo for Trump/The Apprentice Star Wars challenge episode, Charity Premiere for The Clone Wars.

But for the more recent events, LFL has gotten much, much pickier, and only approves (for NYC events) TK, Clones, that are certain height and build, and I am "a little short for a Stormtrooper".
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

hmm, well it was just a few months ago that i had to submit my pictures to Lucasfilm for approval to troop the Star Wars in Concert for them in my slave leia, and they approved me as a bleach blonde slave leia with much larger breasts than carrie fisher; and they did infact not allow some people that submitted to troop in the costume that they wanted to for that same event. I am not sure why or how, but i trooped the event and it was great.

I was also a blonde arena padme for another event a few months back as well.

Perhaps it is different for different events like you say. I've just never had an issue with it personally as of yet. Maybe it also depends on who is doing the judging and selecting for Lucasfilm at the time for certain events as well.

I guess we all just have our different experiences

Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hB3ll3 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first thing to do is to plan for this. Requirements are always there to meet a better result. But it still depends on the situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: