About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=85596e716a40cff55b53793e7ca56223Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

What costume(s) are you working on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jeff.
CureMode (Chris Feehan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on 5 RL costumes for 2 years, but my focus has been on the 501st. I have 2 Anakins, one really accurate one with a Claudio Glove, and one that looks pretty good, but is not very accurate. A Luke Bespin outfit that has a really nice Jacket (2 actually - one M and one XL) and Blaster, but the pants and belt, need work and I don't have boots or undershirt for it. A generic light Jedi outfit, could be a base for Obi-Wan. Finally I have a perfect Luke ROTJ black outfit, with everything that I will be looking to get RL approved soon. I will post some photos after I take some this weekend and check what parts I have for each outfit. I could use some feedback, and I may be looking to sell all the items I am not using if anyone is interested.
501st Legion/ECG - TK-6744 / SL-6744
Rebel Legion/Echo Base - ROTJ Luke / X-Wing Pilot

CureMode (Chris Feehan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics.. I have more photos with more details once I decide what I am doing with them. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Anakin ROTS Large to XL size, Wig - unused except for these photos, Wolf Eyes Crazy Lenses unused non-prescription - not shown, Under shirt short sleeve, long sleeve tunic - velcro sewn in to keep obis/tabbards in place and more, Obis, fabric belt, Dark Brown pleather tabbards - need some work, Medium Lambskin Glove with Buckles - super accurate made by Claudio Oliver, costume base pants, tall boots with spats 11 1/2 - slight split on the back of one, leather belt, 2 resin pouches, 1 leather pouch, 8 food capsules - not shown, covertec clip, MR Resin Anakin Replica - brand new with box, huge robe - smooth heavy material. In the photo forgot to put the straps on the outside of the boots on the left foot, I have a new set of food capsules as well.

Anakin parts - Not Accurate - Large size - undershirt is tight, Rubies Glove Large - not shown, Cotton material tunic, fabric belt, pleather belt with 3 leather pouches and 8 food capsules, covertec clip, tight short sleeve undershirt, black pleather tabbards with fabric backing - nicely made but black, no under Obis, no pants or boots.

Generic Jedi - Large to XL size, Rubies brown robe, dickie, and pants, pleather belt with a lot of work done to it and worn, metal lightsaber clip, resin pouch, Nice cotton tunic with shoulder pleats, nice Obis and fabric belt, Qui-Gon Jinn style size 12 pleather boots.

Luke ESB - Large Anjon jacket with snaps - really well done, nice cold cast DL-44, original MR FX EL Anakin Blue Lightsaber working with a few minor spots (virtually identical to Luke ESB one) Size 11 1/2 Brown Boots - could be used as base for moccasins, heavily modified Han Solo pleather belt not accurate buckle - would need work, 3 pouches plus one long one not shown, green cut off shirt not accurate, wrangler cargo pants 36x30 with military belt - not accurate but looks pretty good, yoda plush backpack - just for fun. Also have an additional official fan club JayWen XL jacket and a ROTJ toy DL-44 blaster.

JayWen XL Jacket

If anyone has any interest in any of the above sets or parts let me know, I want to clear these out and I hope they can find a good home where they will be used. At some point I'll put together a proper for sale thread for them, but I wanted to get some feedback first and see if there was anything someone might want, and what the approximate value might be of some of the items.

Here is my Luke ROTJ that I plan on keeping and getting approved. Have the black outfit with correct wool type tight nit fabric, shirt with magnetic clap for the fold down gray area, black pants (no pockets), riding boots, gray vest, obis, fabric belt, black leather belt with correct buckle, leather pouch, leather glove, brown robe with correct closures (I heard there is some debate on whether is brown or black, I may get this dyed darker at some point). I have 2 sabers, one custom very accurate metal lightsaber hilt and a MR FX Luke lightsaber with brown spots repainted gold and UltraSabers Luxeon conversion installed with a removable blade and sound still functional. After trying this outfit out a few times, I probably will never use the vest, fabric obis, fabric belt or the robe anyway, I just like to have them.

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, you've been busy... Thumbs up

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
citizenjohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Chris!!!!
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, most impressive. vader
CureMode (Chris Feehan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very proud to announce that both ROTJ Luke costumes were approved, the Jabba Palace version, and Death Star Duel version. Special thanks to _Master_Skywalker_ who truly is the master of everything Luke related for helping me through the approval process and providing feedback to get the outfit and photos just right.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=4858

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=4859

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Lukes there. I have a guy here that's working on his Jedi Luke. What did you use for the rear pouch and the Saber clip thing?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The belt was from...

http://www.mpfilmcraft.com/luke.html

All I did to it was the buckle weathering.

Peagis ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on my rebel pilot costume
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everyone…

I’ve got a few things in the air right now… went to Tandy today and bought the materials to put together a new, upgraded belt. Once done, I’ve just got to get a line on the belt grapple pouch to submit my Obi-Wan ROTS. I’ve ordered a conversion kit for my TPM Obi FX saber so once that is in, I’ll work on that along with creating the three calf boot straps necessary to meet requirements for Obi-Wan TPM. And I’ve just recently started assembling the materials for a Galen Marek Ceremonial Jedi outfit and gotten advice from some members of the Jedi forum for crafting the lightsaber.

Mark
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody got himself a new costume from Santa… my first ‘face’ character… and thanks to the fast work of the NR LCJs, approved in 2 days…

This is really a tribute to my wife for her first time in making a costume. Using no pattern but a lot of screenshots, game time and persistent drive from someone ::innocent whistling:: for as much screen accuracy as possible (others may refer to that as ‘nagging’ or ‘obsession’), she pulled this off wonderfully. My concept around these robes were that they were truly ceremonial, given posthumously to Marek – hence they are almost shroud like. The material is a dark tan fabric, two layers with interfacing to give that thicker material appearance as seen in game. The cowl is folded white knit fabric that picks up the light and almost glows in the right light. I ran floral wire through the edge of the cowl to allow me to keep that distinctive shape that is seen in game. The forearms are formed material around my arms, overlaying interfacing and then strips of the material before stitching.

After wearing it once for the images, I got out the needle and thread as well, stitching the vest tops to the white belt in order to stop parts from popping out and it looking more disheveled. It also seemed to halve my donning time. My only other question remains around how to suspend the saber when not posing or carrying it. I guess I'll need to work more on that subtle use of the Force in order to Force Push it against the outer belt. Or just wear the Covertec in a belt beneath the tan belt, tucking it under the tan belt when not in use.

Now I know what I’m wearing to THON in February! Well, one costume down… one, two, three… three more to go so far… Wink Already started putting together the materials for the next one. I'll post progress pics there later, as I see that taking a bit longer to put together some of the pieces.

Mark

PS Now I’m also getting her to start work on a Princess Leia ANH costume, hopefully in time for the THON as well!

Last edited by JediMasterMark (Mark Jones) on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done and props to her whom helped you! Great work!
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Obi-Wan is going to THON this year, actually… just got approved as formal!

I have another OWK, Episode I version that is in the costume queue to be judged still. As for what I’m working on, my wife’s Leia ANH is in the final stages of completion to get her submitted before THON. Then I have a ‘different’ Jedi that I’m sort of excited about and a couple of Starkiller costumes that I’m starting to gather parts for. ::scratches the costume itch on shoulder:: Man, there must be something addictive in the water around here!

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: