About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=001782633eb5408cb2ee776c63877401Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

VisionCon 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: VisionCon 2011
Event starting Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am for 3 days

Name of Event: VisionCon 2011
Event Begins: Fri, Feb 18, 2011 09:00 am
Event Ends: Sun, Feb 20, 2011 04:00 pm
Location of Event:
Clarion Convention Center
3333 South Glenstone Avenue
Springfield, MO

Way the event is connected to Star Wars: It's a Sci Fi Convention!

Will there be a place for troopers to change? Private Rooms or The Hotel Restrooms

Will there be a secure place for troopers to store their storage tubs while trooping the event? Can be arranged with private room holders or stowed in vehicles.

Will family/friends be allowed to attend the event? Yes

Are cameras allowed and can we take pictures at the event? Yes

Are weapons allowed on the costumes? Yes

Is there a special place to park at the event? Does parking cost? Free Parking at the Convention Center

If appropriate, can we have a table with flyers and information about the 501st/70th Explorers? Yes

Are Rebel Legion/Jedi Assembly/FanForce costumed members requested too? Yes

How many costumed members are requested? The More the Merrier!

Will lodging be provided by the local troopers for garrison members travelling a great distance? Most local troops will be staying in rooms at the Clarion. If needed, Please ask and we will try and make arrangements as needed.

Additional information or comments: The Legion has had a prescence at Visioncon since 2005. Since then, we have become very involved with the charity through our shoot-a-trooper and Jail & Bail. Let's continue that legacy and raise the Charity Bar through our love of Costuming...and try to enjoy yourselves in the process. ;-)

You don't want to miss this one, troops!
-Brandon Lauthern

Rebel Legion will not have their own table this year due to increased participaiton by other people, but rebels are always welcome at the table of the 501st members

*UPDATE*
Rebel Legion WILL have a table, thanks to Mr. Bobby!
Here is the list so far of all 70th Members who are attending:

1. Brandon Lauthern
2. Josh "Mojo" Gann
3. Bruce Cottingham
4. Frankie "I'll take that as a confirmation" Murphy
5. Eric "Rollertrooper" Wickes
6. Matt Bakeburg
7. Steve KoopaKoetter
8. Gary Shankerscooper
9. Karen Keen
10. Rachael Norton
11. Charlie Norton
12. Kevin Brower
13. Sandra Brower
14. Keith Davis
15. Amanda Davis
16. Norm Hackett
17. Tony Pierce
18. Shannon Smith
19. Bobby Heitz
20. Bill Holmes
21. Rich Heffernan

Last edited by 66jedi (Frankie) on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY thougth this would be the year to make it down, but this is the same weekend as Naka Kon in KC, so I have to decide if I want to spend the money (and 'political capital' with the wife) to travel the same weekend when a local alternative is availble...

So I'm still up in the air on this one. But if anyone from KC is giong down, I've got banner and such I can send down, as usual...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and I talked about going down and sharing a room, but he hasn't gotten back to me from an email last week if we are still doing it. I'll have to call him and find out. I think some of the others are goign to be at naka kon as well.
66jedi (Frankie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this year is a bad year for VCon... They double booked with another local comic book convention down here so we're going to be losing people to that as well.
As always, the southern Dantooine Rebels would be happy to host anyone who is willing to make the drive!
Have fun at NakaKon!
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats the issue when you skip a year then the next two years you have it in January, and then decide to move it back to the old weekend you used to have. I would be going to it if it was still at the tail end of Jan like the last two years. but I have a lot in March so Feb travel is not big this year.
Var Pallo (Bobby Heitz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there as usual.

Darksaber Jedi Knights, Springfield, MO Fanforce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I checked the forums (bad Bedlam Embarassed ).

I'll be there with the whole family again...just like every year. Bart, I need to set up a meet with you to get the banner for the table. Norm called me a couple days ago and asked if I could get it from you.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BedlamX wrote:
Been a while since I checked the forums (bad Bedlam Embarassed ).

I'll be there with the whole family again...just like every year. Bart, I need to set up a meet with you to get the banner for the table. Norm called me a couple days ago and asked if I could get it from you.

Tommy,

I'll be down on Friday and can bring my banner as well if you want to use it. I'm not sure yet exactly when I'd be there however or when I'll leave Sunday. I'll go ahead and toss it in with my stuff though.

Rich
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to have a back-up plan Very Happy

I'll let Norm know that there will be at least one banner available.

I'm handling the Mando Mercs' table, so I'm mainly just trying to help out Norm. So any banner I can get to him will be great.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know when you might be able to meet Tommy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can meet any time after tomorrow (still on call until Friday morning). Meeting Darryl Woods next Wed or Thu to pick up some new Mando Mercs artwork, but don't have any other plans other than getting costumes tweaked this weekend.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not terribly busy this weekend for once... Or where are you meeting Darryl next week?

BedlamX (Tommy Sutton)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure yet when or where I'm meeting Darryl. He is supposed to call me next week to set up the meet, so it will probably be fairly last minute.

I'm going in to the Legends tomorrow to drop my son off and then in to Shawnee or Mission (never can remember which) to get some more leather dye after that. Wouldn't be too much of an extra drive to come meet you somewhere while I'm doing all that. I think you still have my number, so just gimme a call if you wanna meet tomorrow some time.
Var Pallo (Bobby Heitz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great V-con this your. We found out this year was the best ever. There were two hotels sold out last weekend for the con. Next up PCC.

Darksaber Jedi Knights, Springfield, MO Fanforce
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: