About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3229266b1c7598908ddac689fcb7415aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Years Resolutions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: New Years Resolutions? Reply with quote

I know that most people don't make them..
but I still do...

for decades my #1 resolution was always to lose weight...I gave up on that the last two years...at least I have held steady ...and this year again I didn't gain a bunch of weight around the holidays..

anyway..

Last year my #1 resolution was to finish all of the costume projects that I had laying around...
I am happy to say that I did...
the last thorn in my side was the Endor hardpack which parts had been laying around for years.

This year my #1 resolution is to get a handle on my diminishing finances and try to "plan for the future". With age 60 looming in 2011...I guess it is time to get serious.

I do plan to try to start selling off some of my Star Wars collection...though this is a bad time with the economy still stinking up the planet....

I guess the only other resolution I have is to complete the Snowspeeder Pilot project ....down to the gaitered boots.
....and maybe...
just maybe...
start on the costume that I have been wanting to do for many years..
the Naboo Pilot....

dunno about that yet..

So..
anyone gonna make any resolutions?

At any rate...here is to another year...
may we all prosper....
or ....
at least keep our sanity...

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im definately with you on the losing wieght, i cant rcall any fat jedi

a new jedi tunic is a definate, i have been trying to get one made for over a year now, mine is getting a bit worn and never looked great to begin with

i never knew you were nearly 60, you certanly dont look it although i have heard a lot of tossing keeps you looking young Wink
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't do them myself, but theres a few things I want to do that basically qualify.

1.) I want to get more active and hopefully lose some weight in the process. I REALLY want to start playing hockey again.

2.) I need to flex my art muscles some more. Especially since I don't have much on my plate right now for costuming, I need to keep creating. I think that means websites. Also I have another project I'm working on that will hopefully bring me some extra cash.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the prairie restoration to keep active...
I am just not one for mindless excercise...so I try to find ways to get in as much excercise as possible..

hockey would be good...fun and plenty of excercise....
I did get out and do some cross country skiing a couple of times while we had snow...boy...is that a workout...

As someone who has been "dieting" for over 40 years...one thing I can definitely suggest besides getting more active is to learn what a portion size is...

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portion size is definately the key to losing wieght permanantly. you can basicly eat almost anything in the right proportions, ive noticed since moving here we go out to eat more and every restaurant seems to pride itself on how much it can cram on your plate and if you are like me if it is in front of me i will eat it all
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's my problem. Its part of that whole "clean your plate" mentality that parents cram down your throat.
Lucky_Lekku ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really resolutions for the new year but I am aiming to cut soda almost completely from my diet, and finish two huge costuming projects (Ahsoka for me, Ezio for my brother).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: