About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ca2618bd214e01449e345f5cf9da50c7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wanted: Dantooine Base Pilots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. Working on an x-wing pilot, slow going but making progress.

Flightsuit w/ modifications/pockets - should be done (last few checks)
Boots - done
Leg flares/holder - in process
Ejection harness -
Flak vest - in process
Chest box w/ hose - in process
Code cylinders -
Gloves -
Helmet - in process
Mini-flares on belt -
Comm pad in comm pad pocket -
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I MAY have some of the ejection harness/belt strapping left over, if you need some... Don't have an extra buckle though, but I'm pretty sure I got ours from Mr. Bojangles, and he may have more...

Are you making the flack vest or did you get one made?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having one made, and I might send off a message to that guy for the belt buckle unless by some fluke I find an old one.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
I'm having one made, and I might send off a message to that guy for the belt buckle unless by some fluke I find an old one.

The buckles (the accurate ones) supposedly are hard to find, especially in the US. I think folks tend to do bulk orders of them then sell them off over a long period of time... If you find a supplier you should let us (or better yet, the pilot forum) know where...

Can I ask who's making the vest? makers of good ones are hard to find, and they often both take a very long time and are pretty pricy for good ones...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a normal maker so I'm not sure if they want it known or not, would have to ask them first.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
Its not a normal maker so I'm not sure if they want it known or not, would have to ask them first.

yeah the person who made mine (a 501st member, but not from around here) didn't want her name spread too widely. We (the RL) can be a bit demanding when it comes to flack vests Wink

Z (or anyone else for that matter) there's a for sale thread right now in the full-member-only area about belts w/ the accurate buckle for sale right now... If you're interested let me konw I'll pass along the contact info...

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the belts as in the web harness belt? and how much is it? price is a big factor on a lot of things on how quickly I can get them. My goal is I hope to have this done by PCC. (if you can't say price on here, just PM me)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, getting closer on the wood master for a chest box, just a few things to touch up on and see how it turns out in the vac table. Here are a few shots of it. I just put in the location link to keep space on the forum down.

(Links are dead)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, completely redid the wood master cause the other just didn't look quite right. Much happier with the new one I did last night.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially on the last legs of my pilot build: my flight suit came in yesterday. By my reckoning, I've got just 'finishing' touches left:

* Attach magnet for hose to flight suit
* Attach velcro to fligh suit/ejection harness (to hold them together)
* Replace the quick-release side straps on my flak vest with the newly-required ones (need to do on Sarah's too)
* Attach straps to chest box
* Attach greeblies to chest box, and decent switches once I have them
* When my helmet comes in painted, add the visor, com piece, and chin strap (need to finish Sarah's too)

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point I'm down to just getting the male end of the correct buckles on the side straps of my vest attached, and I'm done. Other than my helmet of course (Ben, how's that coming Wink ) and I got the stuff to put mini-flares on both mine and Sarah's belts, but I'm in no huge hurry for that. I'm actually thinking I'll take submission pictures at Contaigon this weekend...

HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update? Very Happy

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the process of buying a house and moving this month (to a place where I should have 'workshop' space finally). I havn't had time to do my adjustments needed on the straps so the thing is wearable, plus I'm still not sure about an ETA on my helmet from the painter (Ben if you see this...)

My (generous-yet-unfortuantely-probably-realistic) goal is to be approved by CVI Smile It's my Scotty miracle worker estimate.

Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my helmet, holster/blaster, but thats about it so far. I hope to have the costume done by CVI as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am officially back on track for my rebel pilot. I am shooting to have it mostly done for the end of this month. (that being said it will need some modding after the Con I'm doing it for, but should be presentable for the Con.)

I just got the leg flares done and going to do more work on the chest box tonight. Need to make the rocker switches and primer/filler spray the whole thing. I have the fabric for the flare holster, just need to sew it all together.

Need to sit down and draw up a pattern for the flak vest, would be nice if I could find a pattern to download and print off but I have looked and found nothing on that.

Will have to look for better boots later, the boot I have are a bit tall but will work for this month. and the only thing I will be lacking is the "correct" buckles for the straps and the code cylinders.

Waiting for the possible formation of a squadron to finish with the designs for the helmet. I might take bart's suggestion and do a design and leave an area for the future squadron symbol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: