Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4ddd8f9069f4c9ba80582141520c4de3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TCW "Bombad Jedi" Padme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: TCW "Bombad Jedi" Padme Reply with quote

Padmé Amidala/Skywalker (The Clone Wars Movie and Clone Wars TV series: Season 1, Episode 8 "Bombad Jedi", White Battle)
Required Items:

1. Off-white knit fitted top, made of non-shiny stretch material, with square inset mock turtleneck, angled seaming at bust line, long fitted sleeves with wide silver armbands and elbow/forearm pads with multiple straps. Sleeves are not set-in but have a seam running from the neck to the cuff.
    2. Off-white fitted legging with 4 seams on each leg, front, right, back and left and 4 wide off-white stripes on each hip, extending from hip bone to just before knee on each side, tucked into cream weave effect shin guards over lug soled bone boots with dark gray wide straps on shin guards.
    3. Dark gray leather or leather-like utility belt with 1 holster and 1 large pouch, both in dark gray.
    4. Hair parted in the center and pulled back and fastened into bun at nape of the neck, multiple twisted loops of hair coming from the bun in a loop fashion. Naturally-occurring hair colors only; no bangs.

Optional Items

1. Off-white hat with waffle weave pattern, hat is diamond shaped and has fabric over that shape and hat has opening on face to show just the eyes and nose.
    2. Purple hat that is a rounded diamond shape and has opening on face to show just the eyes, nose and mouth with alternating dark purple Naboo symbols(one up, one down) across front of hat.
    3. Purple cape matching hat, hanging down to back of knees and forms a point between the legs and ruched in front around neck. Cape has light purple large Naboo symbols on the inside that are visible from the front and also across the back with alternating design(one up, one down)and optional cording on the ruched front part.
    4. Naboo blaster.

I just finished my version of this for the NYC Screening of TCW on Dec 7th. I also wanted to point out that I think the standards should say white fabric and not off white. Every promo or still, and even the action figure, I've seen the suit looks white. I also agree with RoninJedi that there are only the two side seams and one front seam on the pants as seen in a screen cap she grabbed.

Based on the newer information, this is how I made my version Smile I'll eventually make the cape too, as it would be great to have in colder weather
http://imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/tcwpadme

Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!

I like that it says "off-white" simply because the weathering they give the cartoon makes it look not pure fresh snow white, but its not cream or anything for sure.

One question I have is that you only mention the optional cording on the ruched part around the neck, and it is on the whole cape. The only purple part without it is the hood. I don't expect most people would want to do all that (I know I was thoroughly sick of it) but that should probably be added to the standards as the "optional cording on ruched neck piece and front and back of cape"
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Cool

I just copied and pasted the standards that were written Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: